Focus control motor rod placement
651 4 2020-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usko
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know if there is a way to raise the focus motor rod on the Ronin RS2? I was hoping to use a light cage with my camera, but if I do it sits too high for the focus motor to be able to connect the gear strap on the lens. Any suggestions? I'm using a Panasonic S1H.
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi usko, could you please provide a picture of the setup with the light cage for us to double-check?
2020-11-11
Use props
usko
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 04:53
Hi usko, could you please provide a picture of the setup with the light cage for us to double-check?

Yes, I can take a photo of it a little later today. I currently have the cage removed for testing out the RS2. I wanted to use the cage for the mounting points a wireless receiver, but I'm starting to think that with the Panasonic S1H XLR adapter, plus the cage, plus a Lectrosonics SR receiver it's going to be too much weight and too tall anyway. But I'll get a photo when I get it all back together. The cage is a Small Rig S1H cage https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-cage-for-panasonic-s1h-camera-ccp2488.html When the cage is mounted to the camera, and the arca-swiss plate from the Ronin is mounted to the bottom of the cage, the focus wheel won't reach the lens. Unless there are alternate mounting options for the focus wheel?
Thanks for your reply!
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

usko Posted at 11-11 08:41
Yes, I can take a photo of it a little later today. I currently have the cage removed for testing out the RS2. I wanted to use the cage for the mounting points a wireless receiver, but I'm starting to think that with the Panasonic S1H XLR adapter, plus the cage, plus a Lectrosonics SR receiver it's going to be too much weight and too tall anyway. But I'll get a photo when I get it all back together. The cage is a Small Rig S1H cage https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-cage-for-panasonic-s1h-camera-ccp2488.html When the cage is mounted to the camera, and the arca-swiss plate from the Ronin is mounted to the bottom of the cage, the focus wheel won't reach the lens. Unless there are alternate mounting options for the focus wheel?
Thanks for your reply!

Please keep us updated. I had confirmed the case with our engineers, if a cage is needed to be mounted, you may need a third-party accessory to set up the motor. There is no official accessory for this.
2020-11-25
Use props
usko
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-25 06:00
Please keep us updated. I had confirmed the case with our engineers, if a cage is needed to be mounted, you may need a third-party accessory to set up the motor. There is no official accessory for this.

I have just decided not to use the cage. It's a little bit of a hassle to take it off and on when using the Ronin, but it works.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules