DEAD pixels on a brand new Goggles
7098 26 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

So I received a pair of DJI FPV goggles from my wife for my birthday so I powered up my brand new set and did an update through the DJI Assistant 2. I then noticed a single black vertical line - of what appears to be dead pixels - in the right eye display running down the middle from top to bottom (pic attached).

Has this happened to anyone before? Is it normal to gamble like this with DJI products? You buy something brand new and have to send it to China for repair or probably replacement with a used set?

123608514_10164010308635467_1885439749184639056_n.jpg
2020-11-11
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had the same and returned it  - bought new ones
2020-11-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

trica de Posted at 11-11 04:24
I had the same and returned it  - bought new ones

Who did you return it to and who refunded you? Was it DJI or the store?
2020-11-11
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-11 04:45
Who did you return it to and who refunded you? Was it DJI or the store?

I bought mine on email brand new from a reseller - in germany you can return it withing 14 days so I did. At the same time I bought new ones.

Also I did contact DJI and they told me NO REPAIR as I has just one Dead pixel.
2020-11-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

trica de Posted at 11-11 05:52
I bought mine on email brand new from a reseller - in germany you can return it withing 14 days so I did. At the same time I bought new ones.

Also I did contact DJI and they told me NO REPAIR as I has just one Dead pixel.

Thanks man, that's useful information
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Airpixel Studio, I am sorry to read the issue. Please double check if the line is still there when powering on the Goggles only.
Besides, may I know where the unit was purchased? If you purchased from the dealer's, please try to contact the dealer to see if they would help to take care of the case for you.
If the dealer doens't help, please contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support, a replacement will be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure. Thank you.
2020-11-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 21:19
Hi Airpixel Studio, I am sorry to read the issue. Please double check if the line is still there when powering on the Goggles only.
Besides, may I know where the unit was purchased? If you purchased from the dealer's, please try to contact the dealer to see if they would help to take care of the case for you.
If the dealer doens't help, please contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support, a replacement will be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure. Thank you.

When powering on the goggles only? This is exactly what I did. These goggles are absolutely brand new and not even bound to an air unit yet. I plugged them in, did a firmware update and the line appeared.

My wife spent a ridiculous amount of money on these goggles and I haven't even had a chance to fly anything with them. The dealer says I have to deal with DJI Support and I have already raised a case (CAS-5460253-W8K2J8)

Bought these BRAND NEW in Dubai for $$$, now I have to pay $ to send them back to Hong Kong. What a joke.
2020-11-13
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 21:19
Hi Airpixel Studio, I am sorry to read the issue. Please double check if the line is still there when powering on the Goggles only.

Items sent to Hong Kong for repair. It cost me $180 in shipping fees. Completely unacceptable for a supposedly brand DJI product
2020-11-14
Use props
XxmW
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-14 06:19
Items sent to Hong Kong for repair. It cost me $180 in shipping fees. Completely unacceptable for a supposedly brand DJI product

Have you sent out the product yet? You can claim DOA here. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-13 09:59
When powering on the goggles only? This is exactly what I did. These goggles are absolutely brand new and not even bound to an air unit yet. I plugged them in, did a firmware update and the line appeared.

My wife spent a ridiculous amount of money on these goggles and I haven't even had a chance to fly anything with them. The dealer says I have to deal with DJI Support and I have already raised a case (CAS-5460253-W8K2J8)

I am deeply sorry for the delay, could you please provide the name of the dealer to me? Besides, may I know if you have shipped the unit back? If so, please provide the tracking number to me, I will keep an eye on it.
2020-11-23
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-23 05:54
I am deeply sorry for the delay, could you please provide the name of the dealer to me? Besides, may I know if you have shipped the unit back? If so, please provide the tracking number to me, I will keep an eye on it.

The goggles were sent back already and were received on 16th November. Your support tracking site has never been updated
2020-11-24
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-23 05:54
I am deeply sorry for the delay, could you please provide the name of the dealer to me? Besides, may I know if you have shipped the unit back? If so, please provide the tracking number to me, I will keep an eye on it.

The supplier was gadgetby.com in Dubai - similar complaints on UAE FPV groups about the same supplier
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-24 03:14
The supplier was gadgetby.com in Dubai - similar complaints on UAE FPV groups about the same supplier

Thank you for providing the info, I had asked the proper team to help and try to escalate the process.
Regarding the dealer's issue, I will also report to the corresponding team for their attention.
Sorry again for the difficulties.
2020-11-25
Use props
djiuser_t2niP9dKCW9k
New

United States

My dji v2 goggles literally got 2 spots of dead pixels as I was powering it up. First it was fine. Then I put on my head and boom 2 spots slowly appear. This is my first and last dji product since they won't stand behind it for more then 15 days. For the 650$ it costs.
2021-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_t2niP9dKCW9k Posted at 6-15 15:07
My dji v2 goggles literally got 2 spots of dead pixels as I was powering it up. First it was fine. Then I put on my head and boom 2 spots slowly appear. This is my first and last dji product since they won't stand behind it for more then 15 days. For the 650$ it costs.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please provide us some pictures to check the said issue? Were there any operations or accidents before this problem appeared? We will try our best to help.
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_t2niP9dKCW9k
New

United States

I took them out of their felt storage bag and out them on. Third time using them . Very disappointed. Dots still there
2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_t2niP9dKCW9k Posted at 6-27 11:00
I took them out of their felt storage bag and out them on. Third time using them . Very disappointed. Dots still there

Hi there, we are sorry for the situation. May we have a picture of the dots for further confirmation?
If it is convenient, you can send the unit back to our service center for further diagnosis and service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
We will do our best to help this out.
Besides, a warm reminder, please do not face the lens to the direct sunlight to avoid damages to the goggles screen.
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_t2niP9dKCW9k
New

United States

20210627_135700.jpg
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for providing the picture. Please click the link provided above to submit an online repair request or contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in. We'll do our best to help this out.
2021-6-28
Use props
Getyamamout
New

United Kingdom

Also have issues with brand new goggles being sent with dead Pixels returned 2 sets waiting for the third... unmanned tech uk are having problems as they offered to check the new set and are finding there stock is all suffering the same right hand screen with dead pixel... I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY not on a brand new product !!!!! the 3 pixel minimum fault that DJI require is TOTALLY UNACCEPABLE as the screen is so small they stand out so much and distract the user severely.. when using a drone this could result in DEATH.. WILL DJI take the MANSLAUGHTER charge for you??? not likely... SO NO I DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN 100% working order for a brand new product especially one that can compromise safety
2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Getyamamout Posted at 8-26 07:16
Also have issues with brand new goggles being sent with dead Pixels returned 2 sets waiting for the third... unmanned tech uk are having problems as they offered to check the new set and are finding there stock is all suffering the same right hand screen with dead pixel... I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY not on a brand new product !!!!! the 3 pixel minimum fault that DJI require is TOTALLY UNACCEPABLE as the screen is so small they stand out so much and distract the user severely.. when using a drone this could result in DEATH.. WILL DJI take the MANSLAUGHTER charge for you??? not likely... SO NO I DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN 100% working order for a brand new product especially one that can compromise safety

Hi Getyamamout, I'm sorry for your experience. Could you offer us a picture of the right hand screen with dead-pixel for further confirmation? Thank you!
2021-8-27
Use props
tinexd
lvl.2
Germany

Getyamamout Posted at 2021-8-26 07:16
Also have issues with brand new goggles being sent with dead Pixels returned 2 sets waiting for the third... unmanned tech uk are having problems as they offered to check the new set and are finding there stock is all suffering the same right hand screen with dead pixel... I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY not on a brand new product !!!!! the 3 pixel minimum fault that DJI require is TOTALLY UNACCEPABLE as the screen is so small they stand out so much and distract the user severely.. when using a drone this could result in DEATH.. WILL DJI take the MANSLAUGHTER charge for you??? not likely... SO NO I DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN 100% working order for a brand new product especially one that can compromise safety

Hey, i have same problem. Serveral goggles with dead pixels on one screen and the other screen is perfect. Its definitely the goggle screen because i testet it with three cams and every time one screen is fine and one had dead pixels.
2022-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tinexd Posted at 1-11 09:49
Hey, i have same problem. Serveral goggles with dead pixels on one screen and the other screen is perfect. Its definitely the goggle screen because i testet it with three cams and every time one screen is fine and one had dead pixels.

Hi there, sorry for the late response. May we have a picture of the dots for further confirmation?
If it is convenient, you can send the unit back to our service center for further diagnosis and service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
We will do our best to help this out.
Besides, a warm reminder, please do not face the lens to the direct sunlight to avoid damages to the goggles screen.
2022-1-13
Use props
djiuser_E9CMn27yoiSw
lvl.1
Italy

I got the same problem or even worst. I bought my goggles from IFlight in a combo, and this is what I saw after I powered up the product. A multiple pixel stripes in the right screen. Immediately report the issue at IFlight support that told me they have no warranty on external product such as DJI and invite me to hear DJI support. So I did and it was pretty embarrassing. I contact the support with all the photos and documentation, after days of waiting the reach out with a pre writed message saying “we do not cover global warranty”. Of course they gave me a solution, pay, paid reparations as if I had damaged the unit. This is ridiculous.
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_E9CMn27yoiSw Posted at 9-25 21:29
I got the same problem or even worst. I bought my goggles from IFlight in a combo, and this is what I saw after I powered up the product. A multiple pixel stripes in the right screen. Immediately report the issue at IFlight support that told me they have no warranty on external product such as DJI and invite me to hear DJI support. So I did and it was pretty embarrassing. I contact the support with all the photos and documentation, after days of waiting the reach out with a pre writed message saying “we do not cover global warranty”. Of course they gave me a solution, pay, paid reparations as if I had damaged the unit. This is ridiculous.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with your case number for our further checks?
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_E9CMn27yoiSw Posted at 9-25 21:29
I got the same problem or even worst. I bought my goggles from IFlight in a combo, and this is what I saw after I powered up the product. A multiple pixel stripes in the right screen. Immediately report the issue at IFlight support that told me they have no warranty on external product such as DJI and invite me to hear DJI support. So I did and it was pretty embarrassing. I contact the support with all the photos and documentation, after days of waiting the reach out with a pre writed message saying “we do not cover global warranty”. Of course they gave me a solution, pay, paid reparations as if I had damaged the unit. This is ridiculous.

Hi there, we managed to find out your ticket number through your forum account. As our support team explained in the email, your drone should be sold in Mainland China, therefore, the drone warranty is in Mainland China. According to DJI's after-sales policy, DJI does not provide a global warranty. Please refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav If you want to send it for repair in a different region, there will be a repair charge. Besides, we recommend that you purchased the drone from an official channel. You can visit this link for reference: https://www.dji.com/it/where-to- ... ite&from=footer
2022-9-28
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

trica de Posted at 2020-11-11 05:52
I bought mine on email brand new from a reseller - in germany you can return it withing 14 days so I did. At the same time I bought new ones.

Also I did contact DJI and they told me NO REPAIR as I has just one Dead pixel.

Also I did contact DJI and they told me NO REPAIR as I has just one Dead pixel.

That's not a good answer for a new and expensive product, I still have not used mine because I cannot fit my nose in it, I just hope that once a cure for the fitting problem...IF ONE WILL BE AVAILABLE....I can use it and not have the same problem...wonder if would be covered by DJI care....
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules