Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DEAD pixels on a brand new Goggles
627 12 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

So I received a pair of DJI FPV goggles from my wife for my birthday so I powered up my brand new set and did an update through the DJI Assistant 2. I then noticed a single black vertical line - of what appears to be dead pixels - in the right eye display running down the middle from top to bottom (pic attached).

Has this happened to anyone before? Is it normal to gamble like this with DJI products? You buy something brand new and have to send it to China for repair or probably replacement with a used set?

123608514_10164010308635467_1885439749184639056_n.jpg
2020-11-11
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 828760 ft
Germany

I had the same and returned it  - bought new ones
2020-11-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

trica de Posted at 11-11 04:24
I had the same and returned it  - bought new ones

Who did you return it to and who refunded you? Was it DJI or the store?
2020-11-11
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 828760 ft
Germany

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-11 04:45
Who did you return it to and who refunded you? Was it DJI or the store?

I bought mine on email brand new from a reseller - in germany you can return it withing 14 days so I did. At the same time I bought new ones.

Also I did contact DJI and they told me NO REPAIR as I has just one Dead pixel.
2020-11-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

trica de Posted at 11-11 05:52
I bought mine on email brand new from a reseller - in germany you can return it withing 14 days so I did. At the same time I bought new ones.

Also I did contact DJI and they told me NO REPAIR as I has just one Dead pixel.

Thanks man, that's useful information
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Airpixel Studio, I am sorry to read the issue. Please double check if the line is still there when powering on the Goggles only.
Besides, may I know where the unit was purchased? If you purchased from the dealer's, please try to contact the dealer to see if they would help to take care of the case for you.
If the dealer doens't help, please contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support, a replacement will be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure. Thank you.
2020-11-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 21:19
Hi Airpixel Studio, I am sorry to read the issue. Please double check if the line is still there when powering on the Goggles only.
Besides, may I know where the unit was purchased? If you purchased from the dealer's, please try to contact the dealer to see if they would help to take care of the case for you.
If the dealer doens't help, please contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support, a replacement will be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure. Thank you.

When powering on the goggles only? This is exactly what I did. These goggles are absolutely brand new and not even bound to an air unit yet. I plugged them in, did a firmware update and the line appeared.

My wife spent a ridiculous amount of money on these goggles and I haven't even had a chance to fly anything with them. The dealer says I have to deal with DJI Support and I have already raised a case (CAS-5460253-W8K2J8)

Bought these BRAND NEW in Dubai for $$$, now I have to pay $ to send them back to Hong Kong. What a joke.
2020-11-13
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 21:19
Hi Airpixel Studio, I am sorry to read the issue. Please double check if the line is still there when powering on the Goggles only.

Items sent to Hong Kong for repair. It cost me $180 in shipping fees. Completely unacceptable for a supposedly brand DJI product
2020-11-14
Use props
XxmW
lvl.2

South Africa

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-14 06:19
Items sent to Hong Kong for repair. It cost me $180 in shipping fees. Completely unacceptable for a supposedly brand DJI product

Have you sent out the product yet? You can claim DOA here. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-13 09:59
When powering on the goggles only? This is exactly what I did. These goggles are absolutely brand new and not even bound to an air unit yet. I plugged them in, did a firmware update and the line appeared.

My wife spent a ridiculous amount of money on these goggles and I haven't even had a chance to fly anything with them. The dealer says I have to deal with DJI Support and I have already raised a case (CAS-5460253-W8K2J8)

I am deeply sorry for the delay, could you please provide the name of the dealer to me? Besides, may I know if you have shipped the unit back? If so, please provide the tracking number to me, I will keep an eye on it.
2020-11-23
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-23 05:54
I am deeply sorry for the delay, could you please provide the name of the dealer to me? Besides, may I know if you have shipped the unit back? If so, please provide the tracking number to me, I will keep an eye on it.

The goggles were sent back already and were received on 16th November. Your support tracking site has never been updated
2020-11-24
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

DJI Susan Posted at 11-23 05:54
I am deeply sorry for the delay, could you please provide the name of the dealer to me? Besides, may I know if you have shipped the unit back? If so, please provide the tracking number to me, I will keep an eye on it.

The supplier was gadgetby.com in Dubai - similar complaints on UAE FPV groups about the same supplier
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Airpixel Studio Posted at 11-24 03:14
The supplier was gadgetby.com in Dubai - similar complaints on UAE FPV groups about the same supplier

Thank you for providing the info, I had asked the proper team to help and try to escalate the process.
Regarding the dealer's issue, I will also report to the corresponding team for their attention.
Sorry again for the difficulties.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules