Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

I would like to know or is it just me but using Stick makes mechanical clicking, nips, naps, how ever you want to discribe it, sounds. And those are recorded to the video. Always when pressing up down left right it clicks. It even makes clicking sounds when pressed just down like button. Is it just mine or?

Stick in Extension Rod is far much better and totally silent. It also needs much less force to use in each directions and it is also stepless to control speed. Same with Controller Wheel, silent and stepless.

I so much wanted to love Mini Control Stick but..

It is just awful..

2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-11
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You are right. The clicks made each time you actuate the joystick whether for zoom or gimbal control is picked up by the internal mic and can be heard in the video recording. I hope that DJI is reading this and is working on a solution. A recall is not too much to expect.
2020-11-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hmm.  The Fimi Palm has the same problem - but much worse.  The workaround is to use joystick for selecting zoom level or tilt angle before recording, then in follow mode make tilt and pan movements by hand.  Or, use the slider at the side of the screen, assuming that the noise of your finger on the screen isn't also picked up.

But this is the first report I have seen - perhaps unless in very quiet places, those clicks would not be noticed?
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Aavalaakso, this is normal, it has the machenism clicking sound when you press or push the mini control stick.
2020-11-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 06:02
Hi Aavalaakso, this is normal, it has the machenism clicking sound when you press or push the mini control stick.

Why it is made like that? It is unusable when filming.  Here with reindeers and snow, only winds singing in the forests makes most sounds. Unless near the rivers.

Make another Stick with same stick in Extension Rod. Then it is usable.
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-11 07:48
Why it is made like that? It is unusable when filming.  Here with reindeers and snow, only winds singing in the forests makes most sounds. Unless near the rivers.

Make another Stick with same stick in Extension Rod. Then it is usable.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will forward the request to our engineers to notice.
As of the moment, you may try to use the slider on the right of the screen to adjust the gimbal pitch, or connect to the Mimo app to control the gimbal to avoid the sound.
2020-11-11
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 19:01
Sorry for the inconvenience, I will forward the request to our engineers to notice.
As of the moment, you may try to use the slider on the right of the screen to adjust the gimbal pitch, or connect to the Mimo app to control the gimbal to avoid the sound.

As has been pointed out already, the joystick on the extension rod is click free, so DJI could have used the same kind of switch on the mini joystick module. DJI is to be congratulated for introducing so many notable new features and upgrades in the Pocket 2, the improved mic array being one of the most significant. So, for it to now be able to pick up the clicks of the joystick is counterintuitive. Its as though DJI had separate design teams for the audio features and another for the joystick controls.
2020-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2020-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The very small size of this attachment may impose constraints on its silent operation.
2020-11-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Mechanical clicking mechanism takes also room. I have used even smaller stick in other device and is totally silent. So clicking is intended to it.
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules