Pixel 5 Osmo Mobile 3 Timelapse videos wont play
5249 24 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quinsta
lvl.1
Australia

I have just purchased a Osmo 3 and a Pixel 5 and found that I can take the motion time-lapse but it won't play back on the phone. Just keeps giving the error "Can't play video" in DJI Mimo app and also wont play in the Google Photos app either.

Exporting it to the PC gets it to play back but quality is horribly jumpy and unwatchable. Even if I use the the slider to scrub through the video it is very pixelated even if it was recorded at 4k.

If it helps I can take a hyperlapse and play that back no problems. Only timelapse is casuing an issue.

Any help is appreciated.

2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Quinsta. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and for the application. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5  will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf
2020-11-11
Use props
Quinsta
lvl.1
Australia

Hi  DJi Stephen thanks for the quick feedback. Is there any chance that the compatibility of the Osmo Mobile 3 will expand to include more phones?

Also this doesn't seem to be an issue with the Osmo hardware as that is working fine with the PIxel 5. This feels more like an DJi Mimo app issue which is not processing the timelapse data correctly once its completed recording.

Its such a shame really because this is one of the main features that I wanted to use when I received this as a present and now feels like I will end up returning it for something else.
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_xTsnGhc3DE07
New

United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem with a Pixel 5 and the Osmo 4 gimbal. Any updates on when this will be sorted?
2020-12-25
Use props
djiuser_YbRaODHh2MhX
New
Flight distance : 339987 ft
Ireland

Also having the same problem and have tried a Pixel 3xl, which it used to work on until I updated the phone to Android 11 and the new pixel 5. Same issue on both, the video records but it won't playback properly.

Definitely not a hardware issue, must be a compatibility issue related to Android 11 as it worked perfectly on the Pixel 3xl prior to updating. Any fix on the horizon DJI?
2021-1-3
Use props
Quinsta
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_YbRaODHh2MhX Posted at 1-3 23:29
Also having the same problem and have tried a Pixel 3xl, which it used to work on until I updated the phone to Android 11 and the new pixel 5. Same issue on both, the video records but it won't playback properly.

Definitely not a hardware issue, must be a compatibility issue related to Android 11 as it worked perfectly on the Pixel 3xl prior to updating. Any fix on the horizon DJI?

I thought this might be the case and I'm glad someone had a compatible phone from DJI's list and yet it still doesn't work.

Can we expect an update DJI or are Pixel users left out in the cold?
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_KZ4vd3qKjLgt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31847 ft
United States

Same problem on Pixel 5 and OM 4.

PLEASE FIX THIS.
2021-1-9
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

I have the same problem, Android 11 and Samsung S20 Ultra.

Has been reported elsewhere on this forum as well, seems to be a widespread issue.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231980
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_b3LWWxXcxqKz
New

Hungary

Please upgrade to pixel 4a 5g and 5, to be able to use the wide angle camera aswell!
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_IrJvIuF3jvi3
New
Canada

Hello,

I have the pixel 3 and I'm experiencing the same issues.
Seems like Dji doesn't like pixel phones??
Please fix ASAP
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_JLsT3QVTjFw4
lvl.1

United States

Same issue on brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_S7tA8l64GLpb
New

United Kingdom

I have a pixel 4xl and over the summer took amazing time lapse videos with the DJI app and mobo 3. Since Android 11 upgrade it will not process time lapse. Definitely not hardware. Very frustrating as I love this feature. Please release a patch!
Thanks
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_088lXJhE91Bd
New

India

Even I am facing the same issue with Pixel 3XL and DJI OM4. I am on Android 11. Motion time lapse is one of the key features why people buy a mobile gimbal. Please fix this ASAP.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_LobmroUMCCyb
New

El Salvador

The same problem With my s10 plus DJI hellp!!!
2021-3-22
Use props
Quinsta
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-11 03:18
Hello there Quinsta. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and for the application. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5  will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_1.pdf

Come on DJI this is a Mimo app issue that has been going on for over a year since the Android 11 was in Beta. We are now 6 months since the offical release of Android 11 and yet there is still not even a acknowledgement that the app is not compatible with Android 11. This includes Android phones that are on your compatible list for both the DJI Osmo 3 and 4. This is now false advertising as you state something is compatible and it now is not.
2021-3-22
Use props
greggins89
New

United States

Hello there Quinsta. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and for the application. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5  will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_1.pdf

"Please buy a different phone because we can't get the app to work correctly" is an absurd solution. It's either that, or some sort of disagreement between Google and DJI. I have the exact same issue as everybody else, and I'm returning the OM3 because it isn't compatible with my Pixel 5. Just incredibly poor on DJI's part.
2021-4-27
Use props
fansb3f5455b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
Romania

I have same exact issue on my Samsung S10+ (exynos) since the Android 11 update.
2021-4-27
Use props
fansb3f5455b
lvl.2
Romania

greggins89 Posted at 4-27 13:35
"Please buy a different phone because we can't get the app to work correctly" is an absurd solution. It's either that, or some sort of disagreement between Google and DJI. I have the exact same issue as everybody else, and I'm returning the OM3 because it isn't compatible with my Pixel 5. Just incredibly poor on DJI's part.

Well, it says right here that this is supported by DJI OSMO MOBILE 3:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

There are over 6 moths since Android 11 was released. All DJI was able to do is remove the apk from Google play.
Now the updated version of the apk that I've downloaded from your website does not even address this issue.

I also have a DJI drone and the DJI Fly apk follows a similar trend. I see a very poor support provided to Android in general.
If DJI does no longer support Android in favor of IOS only devices, so be it, but don't make false advertisement about "supported devices".

Either fix it or make a refund.
Screenshot 2021-04-28 005323.png
2021-4-27
Use props
fansb3f5455b
lvl.2
Romania

What about SAMSUNG S10+? This is a SUPPORTED DEVICES. There are over 6 MONTHS since Android 11 has been released. Meanwhile the DJI MIMO apk has only been updated off the Google play store and it does not even address this issue. I can't make any use of the time-lapse feature. I don't feel I can fully use the device as intended.

For me it feels like buying a brand new car with a broken wheel and so far DJI's acting like "hey, you still have 3 wheels left."

Either make a fix or make a refund.
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_4XmRpfB5YZSC
New

United States

I'm having the same problem with Pixel 5 and the timelapses being distorted/jumpy if I can get them to play at all. When will this be fixed, it seems like it's been a problem for almost a year...?
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_EOHANJvOdRsv
New

United States

I bought the gimble almost entirely for the time lapse feature. I have a Pixel 5 with Android 11. Disappointed for sure that DJI send to have no interest in even acknowledging the problem, never mind fixing it.
2021-5-22
Use props
fansd0c3ef51
New

Panama

Same issue here. Galaxy A71.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_eVMmdbFtjUVk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86086 ft
United Kingdom

I'm 99.9% certain the problem is the DJI Mimo app.
I took a 10 minute timelapse, 1 frame every second which should equal 600 frames. When I checked the file with ffprobe there are 18,000 frames and it's trying to play at 2,707.9 frames per second  so no wonder it struggles...
To further back my theory up a 6 second video clip shouldn't be hundreds of mb.
2021-7-10
Use props
SuperDuckWC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5075 ft
Canada

Wow ok I am not the only one then...
Then I am returning it...
2021-8-13
Use props
NiiiiiiiiiiK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15328 ft
Australia

Hello there Quinsta. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and for the application. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5  will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.  For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Hi @DJI STEPHEN can we get a progress report on how this is progressing. It sounds like a lot of your customers are experiencing the same issue.
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules