1619 17 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2776b418
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Hello DJI,

Now when the Mini 2 release is out of the way, maybe your engineers will have some time to implement 4k video on our old Mini 1? If the temperatures are the only problem, since the camera and chipset are capable, maybe you can just monitor the sensors and disable 4k recording automatically if temp gets to high. This way we could use this feature for a limited time, or with no interruptions if the weather conditions allow it.

2020-11-11
Use props
Goldrake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52041 ft
Italy

I totally agree! at list this would be something back to all the customers which believed in Mavic mini and now are ending up with an old drone!!  
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it is down to a different processor in the Mini 2
2020-11-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goldrake Posted at 11-11 03:02
I totally agree! at list this would be something back to all the customers which believed in Mavic mini and now are ending up with an old drone!!

Whether DJI released the Mini 2 or not, your original Mini would still be the same age.  If it was good enough for you yesterday, why is not good enough today?
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there.  Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter for the DJI Mavic Mini. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mavic Mini updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-11-11
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

They solved the temperature issues by unblocking the nose holes, on the mini 1 it was a sticker, on the mini 2 it's mesh to let airflow into the body to cool the processor.

I'm waiting to see if someone try's to flash the m2 fw to the m1 and see how much really is the "same", if it's really a software switch then poking holes into the nose of the mini 1 would get more air to the processor and prevent overheating Potentially.
2020-11-11
Use props
fans2776b418
Second Officer
Serbia

A J Posted at 11-11 03:10
I think it is down to a different processor in the Mini 2

Hi A J,

Mini 2 probably has a different processor, but it doesn't mean that Mini 1 isn't capable. Mini 1 has Ambarella H22-A0-RH which specs you can find here.
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Stephen's Bot answer
2020-11-11
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

KlooGee Posted at 11-11 03:16
Whether DJI released the Mini 2 or not, your original Mini would still be the same age.  If it was good enough for you yesterday, why is not good enough today?

My original MavicMini has never was good enough, it was only a compromise. Mini2 has come in less than year after MM. Big improvements in short time in same category. IMHO a little unfair for MM customers, the usual lifecycle of DJI drones is longer.
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JHa Posted at 11-11 04:01
My original MavicMini has never was good enough, it was only a compromise. Mini2 has come in less than year after MM. Big improvements in short time in same category. IMHO a little unfair for MM customers, the usual lifecycle of DJI drones is longer.

Not always - the Mavic Pro Platinum was released within a year of the Mavic Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro was released 8 months after the Phantom 4, The Mavic Air within a year of the Spark - DJI have never had set timelines for new releases. On the other hand we are still waiting for a Mavic 3 to succeed the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom released over two years ago. A lot of it will depend on sales and the level of room for improvement on the current model.
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2776b418 Posted at 11-11 03:34
Hi A J,

Mini 2 probably has a different processor, but it doesn't mean that Mini 1 isn't capable. Mini 1 has Ambarella H22-A0-RH which specs you can find here.

Capable or not it is highly unlikely they will upgrade an older model to detract sales of the new one. No harm in asking but I doubt they will even continue selling the MM soon.
2020-11-11
Use props
fans08b5dde5
Second Officer
Serbia

A J Posted at 11-11 04:11
Capable or not it is highly unlikely they will upgrade an older model to detract sales of the new one. No harm in asking but I doubt they will even continue selling the MM soon.

Yeah, I get your point. But on the other hand, I don't believe that updating Mini 1 would harm Mini 2 sales in any way. Professionals already own a better drone, so only youtube reviewers and a handful of enthusiasts would upgrade anyway.

Besides, if things are as I think they are, upgrading this device to 4k should not be so hard and expensive to DJI. Hardware is already capable and DJI Fly app already has 4k options for other drones. It would only take a couple of developer days to implement (or uncomment) 4k related parameters in the firmware, connect the already existing overheating warning with record stop function and allow 4k options in the Fly app.
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans08b5dde5 Posted at 11-11 05:03
Yeah, I get your point. But on the other hand, I don't believe that updating Mini 1 would harm Mini 2 sales in any way. Professionals already own a better drone, so only youtube reviewers and a handful of enthusiasts would upgrade anyway.

Besides, if things are as I think they are, upgrading this device to 4k should not be so hard and expensive to DJI. Hardware is already capable and DJI Fly app already has 4k options for other drones. It would only take a couple of developer days to implement (or uncomment) 4k related parameters in the firmware, connect the already existing overheating warning with record stop function and allow 4k options in the Fly app.

Good luck with the request
2020-11-11
Use props
Goldrake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52041 ft
Italy

KlooGee Posted at 11-11 03:16

no of course, I think it still a good product and I will keep it, but it seems that M2 has the same  sensor of MM and it will be nice to get an resolution update. that's all
2020-11-11
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 03:30
Hello there.  Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter for the DJI Mavic Mini. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mavic Mini updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

If you could already pass on to engineers that the Mavic mini has a problem with the latest update (1.2.0) that would be pretty good...
2020-11-11
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

VanzPix Posted at 11-11 08:02
If you could already pass on to engineers that the Mavic mini has a problem with the latest update (1.2.0) that would be pretty good...

After lots of messages they start answering something.
4F128CEC-B11B-4A1E-932A-0B6CED73CE32.jpeg
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348547 ft
United Kingdom

Goldrake Posted at 11-11 03:02

All drones get superceded, as will the mini 2 (and 4k!). You just have to go with the technology available at the time, oherwise we'd never buy. The original mini is still a fantastic piece of kit, even without 4k.
2020-11-11
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Berhatz Posted at 11-11 08:56
After lots of messages they start answering something.[Image]

Thanks to have shared
2020-11-11
Use props
Advanced