OM4 with iPhone 12 Pro Max compatibility
54307 52 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_q8Up9MYJl8nT
New
United States

I have iphone 12 pro max and its compatible with dji osmo 4 pretty tight but it works
2021-2-7
Use props
djiuser_1r3ietegzHdl
New

Canada

I have the iPhone 12 pro Max and I stuck the magnet onto my Apple case and it works perfectly. I even use an external mic. So buy with confidence!
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_1r3ietegzHdl
New

Canada

LJinATL Posted at 1-12 04:22
I'm definitely returning my OM4.  There's just too many annoying quirks when using it with the iPhone 12 Pro Max.  I may consider the Osmo 3 as I've realized that I don't care for the magnetic mount feature at all with this phone.  It's too much of a pain to take the case off and attach the magnetic bracket, worrying about dropping my naked phone the whole time.  Unless there's a negative that I'm missing, I don't see the quick magnetic attachment process as being that much of a feature vs. using a normal bracket like the Osmo 3 has.  

Is weight not a problem with the Osmo 3 and the 12 Pro Max?  Half the time when I start up the OM4 with my 12PM, the gimbal does a sad little 'go limp' thing after I turn it on and it centers up the phone.  It's like it just got tired and gave up.  That makes me think the 12PM is pushing the OM4's weight limit and it has a better motor than the Osmo 3.

I don't have any issue with my 12 pro Max. I stuck the magnet onto the case, waited couple hours and it performs no problem.
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_wVh2KVBU6V35
New

Canada

Is there any conclusive information to the full use compatibility of the OM 4 with IPhone 12 Pro Max?
About to pull trigger on a purchase of Gimble and it seems inconclusive?
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_wVh2KVBU6V35
New

Canada

djiuser_XmLVfYr5DjX2 Posted at 1-12 02:13
I wanted to let everyone know, that iPhone 12 pro max, works great with osmo 3, with a case, or without, I haven’t tried big bulky cases like OtterBox, but my spigen case works just fine. The osmo 4 requires the iPhone to be naked, with no case, thats a big no no for me.

This is helpful thanks! I’ll probably go with the OM 3
2021-3-14
Use props
fanse9413546
New
Flight distance : 59163 ft
United States

FYI, I found using the magnetic ring mount vastly improved the overall performance, decreased weight & leverage vs the clamp. I was nervous using the ring mount without a case in the event the adhesive failed. I carefully cut a perfect circle in a clear apple Magsafe case. All the gimbal & stabilization systems seem good. My only real problem now is the horrible zoom integration, it jumps from wide mid to zoom with little in between. I do have one question for anyone reading this, what is the black sticker for that’s included with the magnetic ring kit? Is it replacement adhesive for the ring? Overall for a non professional product I give it a thumbs up using my 12 pro max but the zoom is a very real problem and a dealbreaker for any pro I would think.
2021-3-17
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Sir Oliver Posted at 1-4 01:37
Hi,

I can also confirm this behavior (iphones 8 and 12 PM) and probably many others,  as this issue has been reported many times in this forum. Specifically,  it is related to panorama and  FPV video modes (what I have noticed) . So when you switch from  some other  video mode (TiltLocked, Follow...) to Video FPV or Pano,  horizontal level of the phone gets altered (disbalanced), usually in direction right-down (about 2-3°). If you go back, to any other mode, gimbal goes to balanced position. If you try this few times, notification pops up that phone is not balanced any more and that (re)calibration is needed (or something like that).

Exactly the same problem here, plus when I press the trigger twice the gimbal doesn't point straight forward. It stay pointed like 5 degrees do the left.

Also another problem. When your camera is pointed down or up and you make the tilt movement using your wrist or the joystick, the motors like gets like a physical conflict and wobble sideways for like a seconds.

Definitely a horrible product and it seems that they don't care to solve anything since they are not replying anything in this forum about the OM4 like they do on the professional forum (I have the RS2 and they admins try their best to solve all the problem)
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_CVGeZOMmxGN0
New

United States

Pianojunky Posted at 2020-11-14 10:06
Received my 12 Pro Max yesterday. I have not done extensive work with the 12 Pro Max/OM 4 yet. I can tell you that the clamp does fit around the phone and secures to the OM 4, with the new design, it is very close to the volume buttons. If you have a case on the phone, I do not think the clamp will fit. I know DJI has yet to approve the 12 Pro Max, but in my brief test it seemed okay. I will be using it a lot next week and hopefully all will work. I am a little worried about the weight difference, as it is noticeable. After my use next week I will try to post an update.

Hello, I’m curious to hear about your findings. I’m concerned about getting a proper balance with the 12 Pro max. How did it work out for you?
2021-4-10
Use props
Thorge B.
New

Germany

What I would really wish for is that the possibility to film in Dolby HDR will be coming to the Mimo app! If you compare the footage shot in Dolby HDR with the 'regular' 4k 60fps it's a huge difference in terms of brightness, colors, contrast, dynamic range ...
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_6R4NUdYprJ1e
lvl.1

United States

I bought the Osmo 4 to use with my new iPhone 12 Pro max, never thinking fir a second that they wouldn’t be compatible. While I am using it with a case with no problem, the zoom switch doesn’t work.
2021-5-7
Use props
Theta Skies
lvl.1
Japan

oh great!   got the Om 4 today... All excited to get it working with iphone 12 mpp after watching a couple of vids raving how awesome it was with iphone 11 mpp ..
I haven't taken case off my phone once since buying it out of fear it getting trashed!
Had to remove to put this sticker mount  on (going to dread the phone falling off!)
As Im checking here now to see if I did everything properly and if I can easily get these mounts for my other phones to mount .. Im now reading the 12mpp is incompatible???
I have original Osmo and didn't even bother trying for i heard the 4 was infinitely better ... Is this a complete fail or what?
Why is DJI so crappy following up on forums??
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_Wi85n0jqbpos
New

United States

The phones magnet interferes with the calibration.. I heard a small magnetic plate will help.. the clamp is trash
2021-7-15
Use props
CCollazo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108858 ft
Spain

raphael_bellizzi Publicado en 3-22 04:15
Exactamente el mismo problema aquí, además, cuando presiono el gatillo dos veces, el cardán no apunta hacia adelante. Permanece apuntado como 5 grados a la izquierda.

También otro problema. Cuando su cámara apunta hacia abajo o hacia arriba y realiza el movimiento de inclinación con la muñeca o el joystick, los motores se vuelven como un conflicto físico y se bambolean hacia los lados durante unos segundos.

Hola, creo que me pasa lo mismo, cuando inclino el cardán con la muñeca o lo muevo con el joyestic, el DJI OM4 se vuelve loco y va de lado a lado por unos instantes arruinando por completo la grabación. Además, me salen muchos errores en el momento del movimiento ...

¿Cómo lo habéis solucionado?

Solo lo he tenido desde hace 4 días y he solicitado un recambio por uno nuevo a DJI, pensando que ha venido defectuoso. Tampoco veo a nadie en Internet comentando sobre este problema o en youtube.

Adjunto un video del problema y algunas capturas de pantalla del error.

https://youtu.be/UzLhDvvp_OE

Muchas gracias.

2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules