3436 2 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbofavl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307631 ft
United States

Novembe 2020:
I've discovered that the pocket 2 wireless mic/transmitter doesn't charge properly with the usbc chargers provided with pixel 2 and pixel 3 android phones.

The pocket 2 itself charges fine with these chargers.  But the mic does not at the time of this writing...maybe a firmware upgrade will take care of the issue in the future?...

Here's the symptoms when you plug in the mic/transmitter to one of these chargers:
The power indicator light on the bottom flashes rapidly between 5 and 9 times, with a pause, then repeats.
if you flip the usb-c jack 180 degrees, the power light changes color from red to green...(weird for a chrger that's supposed to have mirrored pinouts...)
Whether turned on or not (on is switch in the up position with red dot showing) the mic/transmitter will attempt to update its firmware from the pocket 2.
The pocket 2 may indicate 'firmware upgrade successful' but then when you click 'ok' it may try to upgrade the firmware again, and will alternately report succeed or fail.

in my case, the battery in the mic/transmitter was drained so it had no power of its own to perform the connection/firmware update unless plugged in.  It wasn't until I tried a different (older, perhaps lower power?

Here's a video of the flashing light situation when plugged into a charger that came with an android pixel 2 or pixel 3:

The image below is of the charger that doesn't work.
Hope this helps.  When I contacted DJI support, they seemed to be scratching their head about the flashing light sequence, and no mention of this number of flashes, or the light changing color on flipping the charger plug over is mentioned in the documentation of hte mic/transmitter...yet!

Happy filming.

Peter

pixel-charger (Medium).PNG
2020-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2020-11-12
Use props
GJR-CIP
lvl.1

Philippines

What is the V and A? The plug in your photo hides the info it says 5V ?A What is the ?  DJI Manual says use 5V/2A, DJI Forum says use 5V/10A. Wish DJI would include a proper charging plug-in and make everyone's life easier, especially considering this is a high end product. Also their Chat Tech support page on the DJI mic page does not have an option for DJI Mic. My case charges but the receiver and both transmitters do not charge.
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules