Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
File naming
5994 31 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

Can I change the filenaming to DJI Pocket 2 to Continue numering after formatting SD card. Osmo Pocket does it. After 4534 it goes to 4535 after formatting SD card. Pocket 2 gone back to 0001. And that kinda *beep*.

2020-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Do you format the card in the Pocket?
Even so, that is a very precise and coincidental number that would equate to the amount of seconds the Pocket 2 should be able to last on a single charge.
Weird or what?

Ray.
2020-11-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

I always use device to format where card is. So I format card in the Pocket 2.

Rest of your text I don't understand anything.
2020-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-11 11:56
I always use device to format where card is. So I format card in the Pocket 2.

Rest of your text I don't understand anything.

I simply meant that the number 4535 is the same number as the amount of seconds the battery is meant to last for with ideal usage. I'm assuming you are doing time lapses to clock up so many images. If the battery is running completely down it may reset the image counter.
2020-11-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-11 17:04
I simply meant that the number 4535 is the same number as the amount of seconds the battery is meant to last for with ideal usage. I'm assuming you are doing time lapses to clock up so many images. If the battery is running completely down it may reset the image counter.

Ah ok. That is not the case.

Osmo Pocket in two years never reset file numbers even when formatting SD card. Same for videos and photos. It is always Continuing.

With Pocket 2 I have now a lot videos and photos named DJI_0001.DNG and DJI_0001.MP4 because Pocket 2 resets counting each time I format SD card in the Pocket.

And it is very annoying cos I put files often to the same folder in that month.

With Osmo Pocket I have like DJI_3691.JPG files etc. because it numering keeps rising.
Or option to change filenaming like DJI_20211112_0931.DNG like today. Some DJI geek could send this suggestion to the coding geeks.
2020-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-11 20:57
Ah ok. That is not the case.

Osmo Pocket in two years never reset file numbers even when formatting SD card. Same for videos and photos. It is always Continuing.

That wasn't what I was suggesting.
I am saying that perhaps when the battery level gets to a certain point of discharge it is losing its internal memory and resets.  I don't know for certain but may be worth checking.

If that is the case there may be something wrong with the power distibution circuit.

2020-11-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-12 09:49
That wasn't what I was suggesting.
I am saying that perhaps when the battery level gets to a certain point of discharge it is losing its internal memory and resets.  I don't know for certain but may be worth checking.

Right...

Its been all the time over 50%. 70 to 100 mostly.
2020-11-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-12 10:05
Right...

Its been all the time over 50%. 70 to 100 mostly.

Fair enough.
You will just have to wait to see if anyone else has problems. Have you tried switching cards?
2020-11-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-12 10:33
Fair enough.
You will just have to wait to see if anyone else has problems. Have you tried switching cards?

I use 3 different cards. Same situation.

Also, with all three cards Pocket 1 continues numbering when switching cards.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Aavalaakso. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Pocket 2 regarding the file naming. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-13
Use props
frankj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2467884 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-13 03:52
Hello there Aavalaakso. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Pocket 2 regarding the file naming. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I too have this concern.  Thanks.
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-12 22:39
I use 3 different cards. Same situation.

Also, with all three cards Pocket 1 continues numbering when switching cards.

Hi there Aavalaakso, thank you for patiently waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that we have made new adjustments regarding the file naming sequence. If you wish to keep the current file naming, we suggest for you to kindly delete the files instead of formatting the SD card. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-24
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 16:23
Hi there Aavalaakso, thank you for patiently waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that we have made new adjustments regarding the file naming sequence. If you wish to keep the current file naming, we suggest for you to kindly delete the files instead of formatting the SD card. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I support but I don't understand. It is just filenaming. Is it "hard coded" somewhere if it cannot be changed? It is normally guided to format cards using the device.

Oh well. Gonna copy and after that deleting.
2020-11-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You said you're going to copy and then delete. Do you mean if you delete files rather than format, file numbering continues to sequence number after the number of last file deleted? In other words, if the last file deleted was DJI_0008.DNG, the next image would be DJI_0009.DNG?
2021-2-6
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes I've noticed the same thing about file numbering with op1 vs op2.  

Probably would have been better not to reset the counter, other you end up with an awful lot of dji_1, dji_2 etc ...
2021-2-6
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Marty Markoe Posted at 2-6 05:48
You said you're going to copy and then delete. Do you mean if you delete files rather than format, file numbering continues to sequence number after the number of last file deleted? In other words, if the last file deleted was DJI_0008.DNG, the next image would be DJI_0009.DNG?

Pocket 1: Formatting does NOT reset file numbering.

Pocket 2: Formatting resets file numbering. So you need to Copy and then delete files OR Cut files out of the Memory Card. I suggest that you Copy files and use Pocket 2 for deleting. You can select all files in the Pocket 2 and then tap the trash can and it deletes the files then. This way numbering keeps on going. I use this method but I think that you are fine even deleting files also using PC.

Always do First Format using the device itself. Devices often do some own invisible magic to the card while formatting. So don't do formatting using PC. Do it in the Device. So in this case Format the card in the Pocket 2. But afterwards, just copy and delete the files out.

Hope this helps.
2021-2-6
Use props
Stump
lvl.1
Norway

frankj Posted at 2020-11-13 15:25
I too have this concern.  Thanks.

I have the same to.
2021-3-29
Use props
Stump
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-24 16:23

I have tried to delete files, however this results the devise to think the SF card is full before it’s full. The workflow I have to use is to rename all files before importing (using actual date), and then formate the SD card in the pocket 2. I have managed to overwrite old files before I figured out this problem, and that maid me @&###. DJI you have ti fix this issue!
2021-3-29
Use props
blabel75
lvl.2
United States

I guess still no real solution to this issue? I had the the DJI Osmo Pocket and it of course never reset the numbering until perhaps it reached a max and rolled over. DJI Pocket 2 resets on format. I guess I could go the delete route, but why not just change this or provide the option for the user to choose. Should be possible change through firmware.
2021-5-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

blabel75 Posted at 5-27 19:21
I guess still no real solution to this issue? I had the the DJI Osmo Pocket and it of course never reset the numbering until perhaps it reached a max and rolled over. DJI Pocket 2 resets on format. I guess I could go the delete route, but why not just change this or provide the option for the user to choose. Should be possible change through firmware.

Nothing with this.

Ofc it is not a big deal to select all and then click the trash button in Pocket 2 but imo formatting is better option. Formatting also should say clearly that it will reset file numbering. Or that should be anyway selection choice.

I hope they can make updated firmware with a lot of enchantments soon. If firmware goes to the autumn it is like 1 year Pocket 2 was released. Last firmware was like adding a lot of things like hdr, lfr, kingston cards stopped working etc. without any fixing or enchanting after that.
2021-5-28
Use props
djiuser_IX248AVxmCGe
New
South Korea

Is it just me? when I format my card, file name also start from 0001 and record date is set as 2016 JAN 01. this is super inconvenient.
Hope next update will fix it.
2021-7-15
Use props
Astmens
lvl.1

Spain

I would also love to have ability to change file naming structure to timestamp-based rather than sequence-based numbering!
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_feJjlAvkTaN1
New

Germany

Hello, please help me, I want the name of my video files to be the date and time.  How can I do this?
2022-6-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_feJjlAvkTaN1 Posted at 6-11 14:19
Hello, please help me, I want the name of my video files to be the date and time.  How can I do this?

You can't. It is forced numbering from 0001.JPG.

I also wanted that 20220612_091802_XXXX.JPG but no firmware updates for it.

Year Month Day _ Hour Minute Second . DNG would be a lot more useful.
2022-6-11
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Aavalaakso Posted at 6-11 22:20
You can't. It is forced numbering from 0001.JPG.

I also wanted that 20220612_091802_XXXX.JPG but no firmware updates for it.

I agree... cellular phone can do it why pocket 2 can't? It's a simple thing... all my cameras and past cameras could at least continuing the file number... the pocket 2 was the first the the file number resets every time I format the sd card.
2022-6-12
Use props
Twobeers
lvl.1
Canada

Today July 11, 2022. On hold with tech support for the same problem.  I shot 40 odd videos, downloaded them to my computer, then formatted the card & it starts the numbering sequence all over again. Ex: DJI0001.mp4, DJI0002.mp4, and so on, Format the card & the numbering starts again from DJI0001.... This is a super major pain the proverbial ass as I shot about 480 videos while on a 5 week holiday and now I have a whole wack of files like DJI0001(1).MP4, DJI0001(2).MP4
2022-7-11
Use props
VallentUffe
New

Sweden

Twobeers Posted at 7-11 12:51
Today July 11, 2022. On hold with tech support for the same problem.  I shot 40 odd videos, downloaded them to my computer, then formatted the card & it starts the numbering sequence all over again. Ex: DJI0001.mp4, DJI0002.mp4, and so on, Format the card & the numbering starts again from DJI0001.... This is a super major pain the proverbial ass as I shot about 480 videos while on a 5 week holiday and now I have a whole wack of files like DJI0001(1).MP4, DJI0001(2).MP4

I have the same problems as you all! I,m sitting right now renaming files, i.e. manually giving the correct sequence in numbers, enabling me to import them to the same folder in my Video Editor.

As I understand that simply deleting them is a problem, I will try to first format the card in my Pocket 2, then upload the latest videofile againg back to the card and put it back into Pocket 2. I hope that will fix the problem.

If anyone has already tried this, pls let me (us! ) know!
2022-11-3
Use props
DreamTrue
New

Israel

I found this forum because I need to format the CD card and I know that after I do it the filenames will be reset to DJI0001 DJI0002. I already have TOO many of these and it is a pain in the butt because when you need to find the right file it is impossible. DJI, cmon why cant you fix this SIMPLE issue? I mean really...so frustrating!!!! And i can't not to format cards because some hidden files take half of its space. What a shame that DJI cant fix this!
2023-2-25
Use props
DreamTrue
New

Israel

DJI ...please, imagine you have 20 of DJI001 files on your computer after formatting your cd cards! Please change the file naming from DJI001 ...DJI002 etc to date and time to make each file UNIQUE.
All it takes is to update the firmware with the new code and we will download the update. C'mon.  This is ridiculous!
2023-2-25
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

DreamTrue Posted at 2-25 02:36
DJI ...please, imagine you have 20 of DJI001 files on your computer after formatting your cd cards! Please change the file naming from DJI001 ...DJI002 etc to date and time to make each file UNIQUE.
All it takes is to update the firmware with the new code and we will download the update. C'mon.  This is ridiculous!

Format card only first time when you start using it in the device.

Next time when you want to clear content instead of format swipe right for videos / pics. Then tap right bottom corner to select multiple items then tap left top to select all items then swipe right and tap trash can icon and select Yes delete. This deletes all content of memory card and numbering keep continuing.

After 10 000 number you can do formatting again to keep card in shape.

Yes this is non sense.
2023-2-25
Use props
sigrid
lvl.1

Italy

It is crazy and unprofessional that the numbering starts from 0001 every time. It makes it impossible in a rushed situation to keep track of all the files one transfers to a hard disk for a project.
DJI, please fix this.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sigrid Posted at 7-21 22:16
It is crazy and unprofessional that the numbering starts from 0001 every time. It makes it impossible in a rushed situation to keep track of all the files one transfers to a hard disk for a project.
DJI, please fix this.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. We changed the naming convention for the microSD card files. If you want to continue the naming, you can delete all files on the microSD cards and continue shooting. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules