Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
File naming
597 17 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

Hi

Can I change the filenaming to DJI Pocket 2 to Continue numering after formatting SD card. Osmo Pocket does it. After 4534 it goes to 4535 after formatting SD card. Pocket 2 gone back to 0001. And that kinda *beep*.

2020-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Do you format the card in the Pocket?
Even so, that is a very precise and coincidental number that would equate to the amount of seconds the Pocket 2 should be able to last on a single charge.
Weird or what?

Ray.
2020-11-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

I always use device to format where card is. So I format card in the Pocket 2.

Rest of your text I don't understand anything.
2020-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-11 11:56
I always use device to format where card is. So I format card in the Pocket 2.

Rest of your text I don't understand anything.

I simply meant that the number 4535 is the same number as the amount of seconds the battery is meant to last for with ideal usage. I'm assuming you are doing time lapses to clock up so many images. If the battery is running completely down it may reset the image counter.
2020-11-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-11 17:04
I simply meant that the number 4535 is the same number as the amount of seconds the battery is meant to last for with ideal usage. I'm assuming you are doing time lapses to clock up so many images. If the battery is running completely down it may reset the image counter.

Ah ok. That is not the case.

Osmo Pocket in two years never reset file numbers even when formatting SD card. Same for videos and photos. It is always Continuing.

With Pocket 2 I have now a lot videos and photos named DJI_0001.DNG and DJI_0001.MP4 because Pocket 2 resets counting each time I format SD card in the Pocket.

And it is very annoying cos I put files often to the same folder in that month.

With Osmo Pocket I have like DJI_3691.JPG files etc. because it numering keeps rising.
Or option to change filenaming like DJI_20211112_0931.DNG like today. Some DJI geek could send this suggestion to the coding geeks.
2020-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-11 20:57
Ah ok. That is not the case.

Osmo Pocket in two years never reset file numbers even when formatting SD card. Same for videos and photos. It is always Continuing.

That wasn't what I was suggesting.
I am saying that perhaps when the battery level gets to a certain point of discharge it is losing its internal memory and resets.  I don't know for certain but may be worth checking.

If that is the case there may be something wrong with the power distibution circuit.

2020-11-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-12 09:49
That wasn't what I was suggesting.
I am saying that perhaps when the battery level gets to a certain point of discharge it is losing its internal memory and resets.  I don't know for certain but may be worth checking.

Right...

Its been all the time over 50%. 70 to 100 mostly.
2020-11-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-12 10:05
Right...

Its been all the time over 50%. 70 to 100 mostly.

Fair enough.
You will just have to wait to see if anyone else has problems. Have you tried switching cards?
2020-11-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-12 10:33
Fair enough.
You will just have to wait to see if anyone else has problems. Have you tried switching cards?

I use 3 different cards. Same situation.

Also, with all three cards Pocket 1 continues numbering when switching cards.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hello there Aavalaakso. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Pocket 2 regarding the file naming. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-13
Use props
frankj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2390502 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-13 03:52
Hello there Aavalaakso. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Pocket 2 regarding the file naming. Let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I too have this concern.  Thanks.
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-12 22:39
I use 3 different cards. Same situation.

Also, with all three cards Pocket 1 continues numbering when switching cards.

Hi there Aavalaakso, thank you for patiently waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that we have made new adjustments regarding the file naming sequence. If you wish to keep the current file naming, we suggest for you to kindly delete the files instead of formatting the SD card. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-24
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 16:23
Hi there Aavalaakso, thank you for patiently waiting. I receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that we have made new adjustments regarding the file naming sequence. If you wish to keep the current file naming, we suggest for you to kindly delete the files instead of formatting the SD card. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I support but I don't understand. It is just filenaming. Is it "hard coded" somewhere if it cannot be changed? It is normally guided to format cards using the device.

Oh well. Gonna copy and after that deleting.
2020-11-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You said you're going to copy and then delete. Do you mean if you delete files rather than format, file numbering continues to sequence number after the number of last file deleted? In other words, if the last file deleted was DJI_0008.DNG, the next image would be DJI_0009.DNG?
2-6 05:48
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer
United Kingdom

Yes I've noticed the same thing about file numbering with op1 vs op2.  

Probably would have been better not to reset the counter, other you end up with an awful lot of dji_1, dji_2 etc ...
2-6 06:34
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Finland

Marty Markoe Posted at 2-6 05:48
You said you're going to copy and then delete. Do you mean if you delete files rather than format, file numbering continues to sequence number after the number of last file deleted? In other words, if the last file deleted was DJI_0008.DNG, the next image would be DJI_0009.DNG?

Pocket 1: Formatting does NOT reset file numbering.

Pocket 2: Formatting resets file numbering. So you need to Copy and then delete files OR Cut files out of the Memory Card. I suggest that you Copy files and use Pocket 2 for deleting. You can select all files in the Pocket 2 and then tap the trash can and it deletes the files then. This way numbering keeps on going. I use this method but I think that you are fine even deleting files also using PC.

Always do First Format using the device itself. Devices often do some own invisible magic to the card while formatting. So don't do formatting using PC. Do it in the Device. So in this case Format the card in the Pocket 2. But afterwards, just copy and delete the files out.

Hope this helps.
2-6 10:34
Use props
Stump
lvl.2
Norway

frankj Posted at 2020-11-13 15:25
I too have this concern.  Thanks.

I have the same to.
3-29 00:47
Use props
Stump
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-24 16:23

I have tried to delete files, however this results the devise to think the SF card is full before it’s full. The workflow I have to use is to rename all files before importing (using actual date), and then formate the SD card in the pocket 2. I have managed to overwrite old files before I figured out this problem, and that maid me @&###. DJI you have ti fix this issue!
3-29 00:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules