Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any plans for waypoints?
1206 21 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222516 ft
United States

I think it would be awesome if we could set waypoints for our MA2's. Is there anything in the works to enable this?

Just curious if DJI has been working on it, or what the status is.

2020-11-11
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

There has been a lot of previous discussion on this -- and for sure, lots of people want it.  Try the forum search and check out those existing discussions.  Here's one of the discussions that is still getting recent posts:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-214288-1-1.html

As far as I have seen, DJI has made no indication they plan to add waypoints to the FLY app other than the very limited existing capability in Hyperlapse.  But once they release the SDK, then third party developers can add MA2 to their apps -- like Litchi for example, which supports waypoints.    Last I heard, SDK release was coming by the end of 2020, but I'm not holding my breath.
2020-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-11-12
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

With the Mavic Mini it was the same ... a simple Panorama Mode ... and never appeared in the updates. It was necessary to launch the SDK for Lichi to "offer" Panorama Mode.
Now with MA2, the same thing.

It seems that they have common interests!
2020-11-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great suggestion
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Fert, I appreciate your inquiry and thank you for reaching us out. Waypoints is currently a sub-mode of hyperlapse together with Free, Course Lock and Circle. I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for understanding and your support.
2020-11-12
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

It has already been forwarded to dji support among ather things with this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=222424
2020-11-12
Use props
Crippled MA2
lvl.1

United States

As far as I can tell, no plans to support waypoints in the MA2.  Not in the SDK, not in the app.  They tricked us with the "hyperlapse waypoints" bull.  Deceptive DJI!!!
2020-11-19
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Crippled MA2 Posted at 11-19 07:30
As far as I can tell, no plans to support waypoints in the MA2.  Not in the SDK, not in the app.  They tricked us with the "hyperlapse waypoints" bull.  Deceptive DJI!!!

I'm not a big fan of DJI's trade policy but they never promised the WP, (but we may still have hope to have it) and in the specs the WP was for hyperlapse they didn't fool anyone. When I bought it I knew it and we all knew it ;)
2020-11-19
Use props
Crippled MA2
lvl.1

United States

VanzPix Posted at 11-19 08:41
I'm not a big fan of DJI's trade policy but they never promised the WP, (but we may still have hope to have it) and in the specs the WP was for hyperlapse they didn't fool anyone. When I bought it I knew it and we all knew it ;)

One might assume the Air had it that the Air 2 would have it.  It is mentioned in the literature too.  Pretty sneaky working in a feature delete and hiding behind buyer beware.  I guess I didn't beware enough as a more casual buyer.  Like buying a new car and finding out the steering is locked.  We never promised a working steering wheel.  We are not going to enable steering in software.

2020-11-19
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
France

Crippled MA2 Posted at 11-19 08:49
One might assume the Air had it that the Air 2 would have it.  It is mentioned in the literature too.  Pretty sneaky working in a feature delete and hiding behind buyer beware.  I guess I didn't beware enough as a more casual buyer.  Like buying a new car and finding out the steering is locked.  We never promised a working steering wheel.  We are not going to enable steering in software.

[view_image]

That on the other hand I had not seen so actually false advertising. In court they'd be sentenced
2020-11-19
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

They are only interested in potential buyers of their drones, not those who have already bought them, so they will continue to cheat that this is not possible.
2020-11-19
Use props
Crippled MA2
lvl.1

United States

From DJI.  Summary: No

2020-11-20
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

LOL
2020-11-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Crippled MA2 Posted at 11-19 07:30

I do not believe the Mavic Air 2 SDK has been released yet.  But thank you for reminding me to check.
2020-11-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Crippled MA2 Posted at 11-19 08:49

[view_image]

Waypoints is available but only with hyperlapse at this time so they have covered their legal requirement by including it.

I think this is the correct video which show it

2020-11-20
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-20 11:37
Waypoints is available but only with hyperlapse at this time so they have covered their legal requirement by including it.

I think this is the correct video which show it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p5mIASImrY

It was a misleading promotion by DJI and the implementation in Hyperlaps is not nearly the waypoints everyone is asking for nor what we expect to use it for. Even after extending the possible waypoints in in August from 4 to ~45.
2020-11-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

MySky Posted at 11-20 13:21
It was a misleading promotion by DJI and the implementation in Hyperlaps is not nearly the waypoints everyone is asking for nor what we expect to use it for. Even after extending the possible waypoints in in August from 4 to ~45.

They covered their legal obligation as it was never specified what type of waypoints and the application in which those waypoints could be applied.  All we can do is grovel and beg for more waypoint features.

I do also find it misleading.  Hopefully DJI will add further waypoint features for other modes and it is not some hardware limitation nuance.
2020-11-20
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

Crippled MA2 Posted at 11-20 07:18
From DJI.  Summary: No

[view_image]

Thanks for this but it is so disappointing that they offer a lame excuse such as this. Waypoint hyperlapse already is 45 points. Somehow they've conjured a calculation they are now out of memory? In this day and age, for a new device by 2 years to have less memory for the same price, i mean you cant even buy the same piece of memory chip for the same price. All vendors would have double or quadrupled the memory.
2020-11-20
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

SONY will release its drones in spring and then DJI will lose many customers, but then it will be too late
2020-11-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
France

vg1 Posted at 11-25 13:01
SONY will release its drones in spring and then DJI will lose many customers, but then it will be too late

Through the press release made by Sony, we learn that Airpeak will be a new brand that could well be intended for professional shooting, in the manner of an Inspire 2 DJI.
The press release still suggests that the drone could also be aimed at an industrial audience. So no mainstream drones at the moment, more for professionals.
Rumors say that DJI and Sony will not compete but rather that they will collaborate together. Case to follow
2020-11-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Simple waypoints for photos should not be any more memory heavy than hyperlapse.  Maybe there is some hardware nuance that limits it for video.  

DJI's response was not well thought out.  If the automation flight protocol for waypoints already exists it is a matter of prioritizing features not memory usage.  
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules