Can it be used as a webcam?
4832 8 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uNhQlI1PAc6y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51207 ft
United States

I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere but I can't find the information anywhere.  

The only thing that is holding me back from purchasing this at the moment is I want to know if it is usable as a webcam.  

It may be a niche use, but I'm a teacher who is currently teaching in person and virtual students at the same time.  As I move around the room to different white boards or my desk I would like the ability to have a webcam that can track me.  I love DJI products and own two drones currently. I would love to be able to incorporate some handheld shots into the videos I create.  But, being able to use the product as a webcam would also really seal the deal and allow me to justify the price.  

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
2020-11-11
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Every forum members wants the same thing.

There are outside solution call ‘Cosmo Streamer’ that allows USB stream. So it is likely possible for DJI to make Webcam feature work.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-227106-1-1.html

There is a poll requesting DJI for update feature.
Make your vote.
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_uNhQlI1PAc6y
lvl.1
United States

Tide Posted at 11-11 19:36
Every forum members wants the same thing.

There are outside solution call ‘Cosmo Streamer’ that allows USB stream. So it is likely possible for DJI to make Webcam feature work.

Thanks for the reply!

I went and voted.  I really hope this becomes a feature.  
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, the DJI Pocket 2 supports a live broadcast function, but it can not be used as a webcam. I'll help to forward your request to the related team to consider. Thanks for your attention.
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_uNhQlI1PAc6y
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-12 19:48
Hi there, the DJI Pocket 2 support a live broadcast function, but it can not be used as a webcam, however, I'll help to forward your request to the related team to consider. Thanks for your attention.

Thanks Natalia!  Please let them know being able to use it as a tracking webcam would be a game changer!
2020-11-12
Use props
GCustom
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_uNhQlI1PAc6y Posted at 11-12 19:49
Thanks Natalia!  Please let them know being able to use it as a tracking webcam would be a game changer!

and much better quality than a bunch of the 360 cameras that can do the webcam function as we have better focus here than through a fisheye lens
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_uNhQlI1PAc6y Posted at 11-12 19:49

Got it, appreciate your suggestion.
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GCustom Posted at 11-12 20:32
and much better quality than a bunch of the 360 cameras that can do the webcam function as we have better focus here than through a fisheye lens

Thanks for your feedback, your voices will be forwarded to the related team.
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_w1Pi2djZujvG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80098 ft
United States

Is there any correction in the text below? Any updates here? It would be cool to use it as a webcam!
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules