Mini 2 Controller DJI Flight Simulator
73545 185 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acs111
lvl.1

Australia

Just purchased the Mavic Mini 2 without looking into this thread first. Just presumed the remote would work with this software. Very bad oversight from DJI not to support its use for practicing. How hard could it be to implement?
2021-8-22
Use props
GenoMX
lvl.1
Russia

I'd like to add my name to the increasing list of user requests for the Mini 2 controller to work with the DJI Flight Simulator.
2021-8-24
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Oh yes it is!
2021-8-24
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

I am also interested in the fact that the MIni2 controller will soon be integrated into the flight simulator.
2021-8-26
Use props
GenoMX
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-21 00:25
Hi, I am sorry that there is no plan at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, hope for your understanding.

Hello, Susan!
Are there any plans to add Mini 2 controller support  to work with the DJI Flight Simulator at the moment?
2021-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GenoMX Posted at 9-1 04:44
Hello, Susan!
Are there any plans to add Mini 2 controller support  to work with the DJI Flight Simulator at the moment?

Hi there, I am sorry that there is no plan for adding the support for the Mini 2 controller on Flight Controller. Hope for your understanding.
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_TtYuj8zYAcll
New

United States

That's too bad.  I JUST bought the DJI Mini 2 to get into cinematic drones and saw this after the fact.  I learned FPV aerobatic flying in a simulator and this was ABSOLUTELY essential!  I flew in the simulator for 2 months solid before flying for real and for good reasons.  To see this is how it is in this realm is disappointing.

Not only disappointing, but really quite a terrible oversight in development priorities.  OpenTX does this natively as a community based software.  Most RC controllers have this built in, even the cheapest ones, and they are universal (useable in almost any simulator).  It cannot be that hard to develop that, can it?

Unless there is an Apple like reason not to.  Keeping things proprietary.  I don't know if that is true, but leaves one guessing.
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_hEYwp5dKxeMY
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 9-3 04:55
Hi there, I am sorry that there is no plan for adding the support for the Mini 2 controller on Flight Controller. Hope for your understanding.

I can't understand this decision. It's very easy to support the controller, but somebody decided that mini2 crashes are better for company than satisfied customers...
2021-9-16
Use props
Akrovatis
lvl.1
Greece

I just bought mini  2 and I am very dissapointed that the controller doesn't work with your simulator.
2021-9-19
Use props
Pablo Coacuterdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-23 18:45
Hi there, I am sorry for the delay, there is no plan for adding the support as of the moment.

Hi Susan, that is bad news and I would like you to convey the discontent of the users to your bosses. Thank you very much for your understanding.
2021-9-20
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 9-3 04:55
Hi there, I am sorry that there is no plan for adding the support for the Mini 2 controller on Flight Controller. Hope for your understanding.

We have NO understanding at all for that !!!!!!!!!
If it were possible, I would give 100 more negative smilies !!!
2021-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_hEYwp5dKxeMY Posted at 9-16 11:16
I can't understand this decision. It's very easy to support the controller, but somebody decided that mini2 crashes are better for company than satisfied customers...

I feel sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your voice will be recorded.
If you are not familiar with flying, please go to open areas and wait for the drone to get sufficient satellites before takeoff. You can set the flight and distance limitation if needed.
Please feel free to contact me or our support if you encountered any trouble using the drone, we are happy to help.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Akrovatis Posted at 9-19 16:25
I just bought mini  2 and I am very dissapointed that the controller doesn't work with your simulator.

I feel sorry for any inconvenience caused. Mini 2 controller is not supported on the flight simulator software.
Please feel free to contact me or our support if you encounter any trouble using the drone, we are happy to help.
2021-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pinarek Posted at 9-21 15:33
We have NO understanding at all for that !!!!!!!!!
If it were possible, I would give 100 more negative smilies !!!

I feel sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry that the Mini 2 controller is not supported on the flight simulator software.
Please feel free to contact me or our support if you encounter any trouble using the drone, we are happy to help.
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_OLBK9MQ6srFp
New

South Africa

Pajomota Posted at 2020-12-27 11:58
Already solved it. Bought the DRL Sim on  STEAM platform for 4,99€ and the Xbox 360 controller and that's it.. A very complete simulator for fpv drones.

I tried this but the difference in the game and how my mini flies is just too great. for 1: DRL the drones stay staion, you need to keep the up arrow to keep it in the air. 2 the left and right straff doesnt straff like my mini 2 drone. How did you set up your settings to be more like you mini 2 on the steam game?
2021-9-26
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-23 00:34
I feel sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry that the Mini 2 controller is not supported on the flight simulator software.

"lease feel free to contact me or our support if you encounter any trouble using the drone, we are happy to help."

Do you realize, that is what we're doing HERE?
The trouble is, with every other drone, there's a flight simulator, but you forgot to do so with the mini2.
You give excuses, instead of coding a sim up just for mini2 users, should there be a conflict in adding it to the existing program.
We encountering trouble using the drone, with no sensors, ..... and no practice ability.
It's USB-C and plugs into any device .... only downfall is you have failed to offer, failed to make, a simulator for the users, which ....... is paramount on a drone with no sensors.
2021-9-26
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

@hunterws...yes .. fully agree with you !!
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_QMDcHhPZddnz
New
Flight distance : 480528 ft
Pakistan

Hi There. need help connecting AIR 2S Controller with DJI Flight Simulator
2021-9-27
Use props
joaopauloss
New

Brazil

I'd like to add my name to the increasing list of user requests for the Mini 2 controller to work with the DJI Flight Simulator.
2021-10-29
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

hunterws Posted at 9-26 08:50
"Please feel free to contact me or our support if you encounter any trouble using the drone, we are happy to help."

Do you realize, that is what we're doing HERE?

Don't you love how when anyone replies to a DJI Mod Comment with the slightest bit of aggression because of their copy and paste BS replies that are 100% unhelpful , they go quiet?

Fact of the matter is, the DJI Mini 2 was advertised as a beginner drone.  Under 250g.  It makes COMPLETE sense that the DJI Flight sim would be supported for it.  Yet it's not.  Customers have spent a lot of money, it's very obvious that they WANT the ability to use the DJI Mini 2 remote with the Flight Sim and that means instead of giving a template reply, these mods should get off their butts and make sure their customers get what they want after filling DJIs pockets.
I for one have purchased my 3rd and final DJI product.  I will be going Autel for my next purchase, where they don't have clowns in their forums replying with not only unhelpful comments, but actually angering their users.  The mods here are a joke, they aren't helpful.  They don't moderate.  The USERS here are who helps other users.  Because they mods likely haven't even flown a DJI Product, let alone any drone.  And they all just copy and paste from a template for all replies.
2021-10-30
Use props
a.y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74180 ft
Russia

I feel sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry that the Mini 2 controller is not supported on the flight simulator software.

Hi there,
care to explain the reason as it is at least (without apologies and other BS)? Pay some respect to your customers. It is not a previously referenced "engineers team" issue, right? (otherwise, things in DJI are going even worse: better to realize the company just has a weird marketing then the worthless techs).

To say "sorry guys, the thing is we just make more money this way because of...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" would be if not totally ok, but at least honest, and I'd live with that.
To say "our engineering team is day and night thinking of the problem, sorry-sorry-sorry for the inconvenience, how else may I be of service?" sounds just stupid and disrespectful, sad you don't realize it.
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_3YaoKjYVNATJ
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Mini 2, great beginner drone that doesn't allow you to practice and doesn't allow you to use it with the latest Pixel phones

Gonna return it, can anyone recommend a different mini drone?
2021-11-6
Use props
Domi Rebello
New
Flight distance : 7684 ft
Brazil

Another costumer who's disappointed that we can't connect the mini 2 controller to the flight simulator... wanted to practise before flying or trying some maneuvers
2021-11-6
Use props
Dga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217064 ft
France

Sorry but Susan you can’t copy/paste the same thing everyday or maybe you don’t care of our situation ?
Can’t you see there is many, many people who ask to add a support of Mini 2 controller, this controller is used for many of your products now, so what is the problem for Dji to add this controller on your simulator ?
Check your forum, there is a lot of people who are requesting this simple feature…
Listen your client, a bit and don’t act like a robot please.
7229C51E-5F7F-402A-881F-CC82252F315F.png
2021-12-9
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2749 ft
Poland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=2...

Yes She/He//It can and do it again That is very interesting situation. People buy a basic device according to DJI and there is no need to hide it, it's like that.
However, it is not a cheap device, even though it is a basic device. However, customers are treated as second-class customers. Does this mean that only customers who are able to buy expensive devices count for DJI? DJI fofget about competition? FIMI Autel?

2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_W2znTknA6HEM
New
Russia

This is very disappointing
2021-12-13
Use props
MiniManiac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Having played the (very limited free version) of the DJI flight sim, I can say that you arent missing a great deal, I got bored of it after a short while, the only bit of fun was playing the ring section but even that grew boring after a while.
That said it would help to train people in at least the basics and gives you something to do on a rainy day
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_io0pS14U1w0k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3222 ft
Cabo Verde

2021-12-18
Use props
Frosby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3533474 ft
Czechia

hello I'm also disappointed that dji mini 2 doesn't allow it when the weather is bad outside, and I feel like flying, I'd fly at least in the virtual world
2021-12-20
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-23 18:45
Hi there, I am sorry for the delay, there is no plan for adding the support as of the moment.

I have to say this is a lame attitude from the company. This is a controller for a modern product and you have no plan to support it? How about you do plan to support it and work towards this?
I want to let other people use my drone, I prefer that they train on the simulator than the real thing.

Count me among those who find this unacceptable for what is a starter drone meant for entry level flyers.
2021-12-22
Use props
Helano
New

Brazil

It is absolutely ridiculous that Mavic Mini 2 is not compatible with DJI Flight Simulator. I am very angry about this.
2021-12-25
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

The DJI support it's so bad...

I made a ticket two or three months ago and I still don't received any info, so, so, so bad.

And now also this problem about compatibility with the Flight Simulator...

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT just because of the support, the drones are awesome but support it's NULL, 0 support or care bout their customers, bye
2021-12-26
Use props
Charlie 1388
lvl.1
United States

K32 Posted at 2020-11-12 19:36
Thank you!

any idea/news if will it be compatible any time soon? thanks again

DJI SEEMS WHOLLY UNINTERESTED IN SUPPLYING OBVIOUS, BASIC FEATURES, LIKE FLIGHT SIMULATOR FOR NEW PILOTS OR 4K RESOLUTION FOR PANOS OR TIME-LAPSE VIDEOS ON THE OSMO POCKET. GAME OVER. YOU GET WHAT THEY GIVE YOU. AND PLEASE FOLKS, LETS STOP RESPONDING TO DJI FORUM ADMINS LIKE THEY ARE HUMANS. THESE ARE COMPUTER GENERATED RESPONSES,(OR NON RESPONSES) BEST OF LUCK TO ALL.
2021-12-26
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4

Germany

Yes Charlie 1388 I fully agree with you !!!!
DJI shows no interest at all in the wishes of the customers, the main thing
is to sell, sell, sell profit-greedy Chinese!
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_c052leiSA1c3
New
Australia

Just purchased a mini 2 yesterday and this is soooo DISAPPOINTING!!!!
2021-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Ylwny4ofkh14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 893189 ft
Canada

I'd like to add my name to the increasing list of user requests for the Mini 2 controller to work with the DJI Flight Simulator....If it does matter for DJI ! ((
2021-12-29
Use props
S.Walsh.Film
New

Ireland

I would also like to request this feature. In Ireland we don't always have the best weather for flying, and I work a full time job too. So opportunities to practice are few and far between.

NOTE in the meantime for anybody that has an Xbox or Playstation controller that you can connect to PC these will work, at least the xbox did for me anyway, it's not the same but it's better than nothing.
2022-1-7
Use props
djiuser_hqUHHgpeYFIt
New

United States

Hello all!! You can add me to the list. Hey Susan... Do you really exist?? It's been a while. Lots of users requesting this. I'm out of rhymes, so it's time for a fix.
2022-1-9
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

I too find it unacceptable that a drone that is touted as a drone for a beginner doesn't allow this feature.
2022-1-11
Use props
trek520
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6152 ft
United States

Just adding my vote for a Mini 2 simulator. It seems it would only make sense as the prime beginner drone. Especially if, like me, you are so unfortunate as to live in a no drone area (near DC in my case) so I can get some practice before getting in the car and driving out to a drone-allowed zone. Also, a control simulator would be great in lieu of a physical controller.
2022-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules