Mini 2 Controller DJI Flight Simulator
73675 185 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bn1uQCFxzP9P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1234 ft
Romania

I made a petition on change.org, you can sign it at the following link: https://chng.it/vcxnPTVp

"The support for DJI Mini 2 remote in DJI Flight Simulator would greatly benefit consumers, proving a safe space to practice without the risk of damaging the drone. Since DJI Mini 2 is targeted at beginners it would make sense to be able to practice the remote controls in a safe environment.
No one is asking for the Mini 2 to be 3D modeled in the simulator. We are only asking for the controller to be recognized by the Simulator so that it can be used to practice and try out other drones."
You can sign the petition at the following link: https://chng.it/vcxnPTVp

Since I'm new on the forum I'm not able to make a new post. It will be highly beneficial for all of us if someone will make a new post with the petition so we can get more signatures.

2022-1-21
Use props
M0MENT
lvl.2

United States

@DJI, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN. WE WANT MINI 2, SE, 3 ADDED TO THE SIMULATOR!
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_YjkYkjMrhm0T
New
Flight distance : 21132 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-12 02:27
Hi there, sorry to tell that Mini 2 controller doesn't support DJI Simulator, thank you for your attention.

Hi - I'm a professional filmmaker, with a real pilot's license, who is just getting into drone cinematography with the Mini 2. After experimenting with the drone in flight, I decided that it would be worth my time to practice using the DJI simulator. When I did some initial research on DJI drones, I was intrigued by the simulator as a tool for training and mitigating risk for new pilots. After spending about 2 hours troubleshooting, I finally discovered that there is no support for the mini 2 controller with the simulator. I also happen to be a software product manager. From a product management perspective, it is profoundly ridiculous to not have simulator support for the Mini 2 controller. How can you not include simulator support for your flagship entry-level drone? It simply does not make sense and is poor product management and marketing. When can we expect support for the Mini 2?
2022-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_YjkYkjMrhm0T Posted at 2-6 15:34
Hi - I'm a professional filmmaker, with a real pilot's license, who is just getting into drone cinematography with the Mini 2. After experimenting with the drone in flight, I decided that it would be worth my time to practice using the DJI simulator. When I did some initial research on DJI drones, I was intrigued by the simulator as a tool for training and mitigating risk for new pilots. After spending about 2 hours troubleshooting, I finally discovered that there is no support for the mini 2 controller with the simulator. I also happen to be a software product manager. From a product management perspective, it is profoundly ridiculous to not have simulator support for the Mini 2 controller. How can you not include simulator support for your flagship entry-level drone? It simply does not make sense and is poor product management and marketing. When can we expect support for the Mini 2?

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry to tell that DJI Simulator software will not support DJI Mini 2 controller. Sorry again for the situation, hope for your understanding.
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_0qHpnpKMCvIU
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All, I just wanted to confirm that although the Mini 1 and 2 are not included and the Mini 2 controller isn't compatible, the sim works great using a combination of an XBox controller for the main controls and keyboard for the other functions such as changing the flight mode and viewpoint. There is a Spark model and Mavic Pro so maybe the Mini 2 somewhere in between those in terms of flight dynamics.  Considering the high cost of the Enterprise version of software I was very impressed with the free version, its extremely useful to be able to test out the different stick control modes 1,2 & 3 and fly around buildings, pylons and wind masts and practice smooth panning.
2022-2-20
Use props
Flassi
New

Finland

How about mini 3 pro controllers ? any plan to add support ?
2022-5-17
Use props
Someoneelse
lvl.1

Austria

Please fire the head of the Simulator Team!
And put someone instead of his place, who is at least doing the least for his job.

You brought already out Mini 3 ? And still only Mini 1 Controller ist compatible.

You need to reeeeeaaaaaly update your Simulator! There are more people then only entprise who will use the simulator!
2022-6-5
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2-9 04:27
Hi there, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sorry to tell that DJI Simulator software will not support DJI Mini 2 controller. Sorry again for the situation, hope for your understanding.

Another copy and paste template reply from the DJI Admins!  How helpful!  Please note the sarcasm oozing in every word. Constant apologies, there used to be promises to pass along the suggestion.  Now it's just Too bad, so sad, it's not happening.
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_D65JbCTAMExV
New

Portugal

with github.com/usatenko/DjiMini2RCasJoystick and dji mini 2 RC you can set up a virtual joystick in a linux OS
2022-7-26
Use props
fans7ee8e1ae
New
Flight distance : 94357 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hi Admins. It has been two years and I'm quite sure you've had plenty requests regarding the Mini 2 controller being compatible with the DJI Simulator. Can the admins please give us a reason why the controller is not compatible? Is it a hardware shortcoming or something else? At the moment it just doesn't make sense as to why it simply isn't compatible. Surely if the limitation was a driver, your developers could have constructed the necessary drivers for the controller in the past two years. If it's a money thing, just offer to sell us the damn driver. We just want to get comfortable and confident with our own controller so we don't crash our "not so cheap" drone. Is that really too much too ask?
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_aIMB05tBhszD
New

Russia

I bought a Mini 2 yesterday. I can't believe that the drone, which is positioned for beginners, is not supported in the simulator. It's some kind of cringe. Identical replies are especially infuriating, from which the impression is even more formed of how much the company gives a **** about its customers. I will return the copter back or sell, and I will look for something else. My first and last encounter with DJI.
2022-9-5
Use props
Tony M1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I'm a newbie and planning on becoming a full time drone pilot. I have bought the Mini 2. I never thought to check if it would not be available on the simulator. Please please add this drone. The simulator is perfect for me to learn and then advance to the Application Training exercises. I'm amazed that this very popular drone is not included. The Mini 3 should also be on there. I was quite happy to spend the £1420 for the Enterprise version. I'm only glad I checked first, I wished I'd have done it before I bought the Mini 2
ALL THESE PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG!!!
Thanks Tony in the UK
2022-9-6
Use props
davidix68
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-25 02:32
Thank you for your understanding, if there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to contact me or our support.

don't understand why
2022-9-14
Use props
davidix68
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_aIMB05tBhszD Posted at 9-5 15:02
I bought a Mini 2 yesterday. I can't believe that the drone, which is positioned for beginners, is not supported in the simulator. It's some kind of cringe. Identical replies are especially infuriating, from which the impression is even more formed of how much the company gives a **** about its customers. I will return the copter back or sell, and I will look for something else. My first and last encounter with DJI.

i can't believe too
2022-9-14
Use props
Igor123
New

Canada

Adding my frustration in addition to everyone else's. I own 3x Mini 2s, looking into upgrading them all but also looking for ways that me and my team can practice, improve and be better at flying better drones, but finding out that the entry level drone for beginners is the one that can't make use of virtual training left me scratching my head trying to make sense of this logic.

DJi must have great engineers who figure all all this amazing features packed in tiny boards and controllers, but seeing these cut and past answers from DJI rep in this forum is such a contrast to our experience with the electronics. A big let down I must say.
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_u7e6IQKwGon3
New

Australia

Please add Mini controller to FS. COME ON DJI
2022-9-27
Use props
The Soundsmith
lvl.1

United States

HERE'S an idea! Those who have purchased Maven as an alternate to DJI Fly are aware of Michele Vagnetti , the author. He has a long history of writing great drone apps.
LET'S PETITION HIM TO WRITE a Flight Simulator for the Mini 2 et al. Contact him at info@mavenpilot.com. I just did.
2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_CqHvOjej9c5L
New
Flight distance : 23983 ft
Croatia

As it turned out, the biggest mistake I have made was buying dji mini 2.
The country made illegal for people to fly it and there is no legal possibility for me to learn it while obeying the law.
Then Susan and her friends told me that I am a complete idiot that gave them money and told me to FO with the product.
So, this stupid and naive throwing money to dji's pocket while getting nothing back would be a three time thingies.
The first, the last and never again.
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_RazorRay67
New

United States

Hi there, sorry to tell that Mini 2 controller doesn't support DJI Simulator, thank you for your attention.

WHY NOT??? This makes no sense.
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_RazorRay67
New

United States

Can you please explain to me "WHY NOT?"
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_RazorRay67
New

United States

djiuser_aWDl2H6gR7ED Posted at 2020-11-26 22:51
It is very disappointing that the DJI drone which any beginner will start from is not supported by your flying simulator.

I agree 100%
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_RazorRay67
New

United States

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!
2022-11-6
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

You all have the paid version of the simulator? The one that can also be used to simulate wind etc.?
Because the free version can't do that... And is therefore quite unnecessary... The drone is so easy to fly, I don't need a simulator when the weather is nice! But if the conditions are bad, then the simulator would be helpful to be able to react better in unpredictable situations!
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_RazorRay67 Posted at 11-6 10:25
WHY NOT??? This makes no sense.

We are sorry that due to firmware incompatibility, the Mini 2 controller is not compatible with the DJI Simulator, and there is no plan to support it in the future. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-11-8
Use props
fans7717d8d9
New

Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-9-3 04:55
Hi there, I am sorry that there is no plan for adding the support for the Mini 2 controller on Flight Controller. Hope for your understanding.

Hi Susan
We could understand if you would give us an understandeble reason.  Also I have a Question.. are you human or a bot??
2022-12-5
Use props
fans7717d8d9
New

Italy

For the Dji costumer that would express their disappoint, please sign this petition
https://chng.it/vcxnPTVp
2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules