Mini 2 Controller DJI Flight Simulator
73860 185 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

I agree with my friends. Smilator support should be brought urgently! please forward it to the software team.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_CDvLseMggQp6
New

Ukraine

djiuser_BkqCAEKBjLDs Posted at 2-12 02:10
And then, we can talk about we can't play DJI Flight Simulator in a Mac computer... May you please tell us WHY NOT????

hi
Use Parallels Desktop 16
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_CDvLseMggQp6
New

Ukraine

I solve problem by using PS4 controler with USB on Windows 7 (Win10 works same)
You can use any Game Controler (Xbox etc)
2021-2-13
Use props
fansfa1768ff
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-5 01:21
I will note down your request and forward it to our engineers. Thank you for your suggestion.

Hello Susan,
Have you been given any indication from your engineers as to their willingness to add the mini 2 controller to the FS software? Thank you.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfa1768ff Posted at 2-15 10:04
Hello Susan,
Have you been given any indication from your engineers as to their willingness to add the mini 2 controller to the FS software? Thank you.

Hi, I am sorry that there is no plan at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, hope for your understanding.
2021-2-21
Use props
klu16
New
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2-21 00:25
Hi, I am sorry that there is no plan at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, hope for your understanding.

Hi! Too bad I'm disappointed. Mini 2 is my first DJI drone and I would love to be able to practice more in the DJI FS. Pretty please, add the support asap
2021-2-25
Use props
djiuser_NoS2plGuVQnP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for this...

Its a bonkers situation to be honest.. First of all, this is a Beginners drone and they need all the help they can.. So excluding them from the Simulator seems selfish and best and reckless at worst.

But its also an own goal.. The beginners market brings untapped revenue.. How many people start with drones like the Mini and move onto something bigger?

The simulator gives them chance to try out bigger drones without the risk/expense...

To be clear, no-one is asking for the Mini 2 to be "modelled" in the simulator.. That takes work and its clear that there isn't a lot of point.. All people are asking is for the controller to be recognised by the Simulator so that it can be used to practice and try out other drones.

So I really hope DJI will re-consider their stance on this....
2021-3-1
Use props
laurensb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37083 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_NoS2plGuVQnP Posted at 3-1 01:17
+1 for this...

Its a bonkers situation to be honest.. First of all, this is a Beginners drone and they need all the help they can.. So excluding them from the Simulator seems selfish and best and reckless at worst.

+1
Indeed, no need for Mini 2 itself to be added.

Just support for the controller, so that we can practice using a comparable drone, would be enough.

I must say I'm a bit disappointed when it comes to support for the Mini 2. No simulator support, no goggles support, no SDK support.

DJI, Susan, I understand the Mini 2 is not your flagship drone, but please keep in mind that since the new EU regulations are in effect the Mini 2 the only drone is that can be used without license and too much restrictions in all EU member states as well as a few other European countries (https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/civil-drones-rpas).

I believe it would be good for your name and marketing if you give the Mini 2 users a bit more love when it comes to support and some extras. It's details like these that greatly improve customers satisfaction.
2021-3-2
Use props
Marko Bam Outis
New

Germany

A support for the dji mini 2 controller in the dji flight simulator would be very nice
2021-3-3
Use props
kenholz
lvl.3
United States

Marko Bam Outis Posted at 3-3 11:22
A support for the dji mini 2 controller in the dji flight simulator would be very nice

My solution was to find a used Mini 1 controller (which IS compatible with DJI Flight Sim) on EBay for about $25 (new ones are only $40 there).  The typical drone RC sim is more expensive and in my opinion less realistic than DJI's.
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_FCyBVo1qw4zq
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello Susan,
I would highly appreciate support for dji Mini 2 controller in flight simulator. I'm in London and we're in lockdown so having a flight simulator would be great for practising! thanks in advance
2021-3-4
Use props
kokilaw
New

Sri Lanka

Like everybody above is saying, please consider to make the Mini 2 controller compatible with the DJI flight Simulator. It would be a huge help for the DJI community to step up their drone game.
2021-3-4
Use props
djiuser_NoS2plGuVQnP
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kenholz Posted at 3-3 21:19
My solution was to find a used Mini 1 controller (which IS compatible with DJI Flight Sim) on EBay for about $25 (new ones are only $40 there).  The typical drone RC sim is more expensive and in my opinion less realistic than DJI's.

So the Mini 1 controller IS supported? Where is the logic in DJIs decision not to support the Mini 2.

I have just got a Mini 2 after not using my old Quads for a year or two.. They are manual (i.e no GPS) so harder to fly than a Mini and I SHOULD be fairly competant.. But i have totally forgotten how to fly.. my muscle memory has left me... I think a lot of it was nerves with a new toy... But still.. I want to practice to get my skills up again before i make a mistake I will regret with my Mini...

This is a very odd decision for them not to support the simulator... And I hope the answers we have been given so far are wrong...
2021-3-4
Use props
Mehdi Golzadeh
lvl.1

Belgium

Yodax Posted at 1-5 07:51
First time flyer and programmer here.
I agree that it shouldn't be too hard to support the new controller.
As it would greatly benefit me and many other consumers.

Hi,

I don't think it's a matter of being hard to develop, It's a kind of business. People are pushed to buy the more expensive option instead, and this is a shame.
2021-3-4
Use props
Satchit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1020479 ft
India

NO, ITS NOT!
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_huSDJ5z4HU9U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

I don't think it is too hard to implement mini 2's controller to the Flight simulator. I mean, even the Mavic Mini have compatibility with the Sim. So can DJI please add mini 2 to the Sim? I really want it because my drone experienced a malfunction and have to send it to DJI for repair. Even though it wasn't my fault and, DJI accepted responsibility, I can't fly anymore for at least 2 weeks. You can also see that people from all parts of the world are desperate to play with the Sim.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_huSDJ5z4HU9U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

We need the sim to work with mini 2
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_FCyBVo1qw4zq
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello Susan,

Any news regarding the dji mini 2 controller in the flying simulator? Thanks in advance
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FCyBVo1qw4zq Posted at 3-8 04:36
Hello Susan,

Any news regarding the dji mini 2 controller in the flying simulator? Thanks in advance

I am sorry, currently, there is still no plan for the compatibility.
2021-3-10
Use props
mmaxk
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 3-10 05:19
I am sorry, currently, there is still no plan for the compatibility.

And we're still going to ask about this support since it's a critical feature for users who bought this drone.
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mmaxk Posted at 3-12 14:09
And we're still going to ask about this support since it's a critical feature for users who bought this drone.

I understand the request, I will continue forwarding the feedback for our engineers' attention.
2021-3-12
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

djiuser_aWDl2H6gR7ED Posted at 2020-11-26 22:51
It is very disappointing that the DJI drone which any beginner will start from is not supported by your flying simulator.

Agreed, it's pathetic.  I have 3 DJI drones.  Phantom 3, Spark and the Mini 2 and NONE of the remotes are compatible with the damn Flight Sim, and DJI doesn't even try to help, they just say NOPE not going to happen.  With the money spent from people you would think they would do something to make their customers happy/
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_470a5iaekWhV
New

Netherlands

Adding this functionality for the mini 2 controller in virtual flight will in fact motivate me to buy the FPV oneday. So its also in DJI’s interest to implement this.

Ow, and I think an drone upgrade plan could be part of DJI Care Refresh. Excellent way of selling more drones!
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_470a5iaekWhV
New

Netherlands

Sorry, accidental double post. Please delete!
2021-3-13
Use props
REI123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1145 ft

United Kingdom

This is wrong why can't DJI mini 2 use fly simulator. It has been out for a long time.and cost 500 pounds even the fpv don't 3 android.ripp OFF  if they can't do it .then make another one for us
2021-3-13
Use props
REI123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI mini 2 combo dosént tell us that simulator Doesn't work for it or the fpv drone that is £1600 on android. I paid £500 for my DJI mini 2 combo.and can't use the simulator.  DJI is ripping people off. How can they do this and don't tell anyone this on the box for everyone to see .2 new drones but no simulator for us.  So they should offer us a alternative method. I'm going to make sure people know DJI are A con
2021-3-13
Use props
REI123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

We should all get together and ask for DJI to explain why.the simulator is not available for New drones  it's a con DJI
2021-3-13
Use props
BaeByte
lvl.1
United States

Yo guys (DJI) really need to add Mini 2 support in the Sim, in fact the Sim should have been built around little drones like the Mini not the expensive ones, new pilots need this, not the pilots buying the expensive drones.
2021-3-13
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1671781 ft
United Kingdom

Hey DJI I agree with everyone else.
Having a Flight Sim for this drone would be fantastic for new inexperienced pilots.
Please make this happen.
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_IhApm1moVidd
New
Flight distance : 77375 ft
France

Hello, I join my voice to all others asking for support of the the Mini 2. I was disappointed today when I got home with my new (and first) mini 2 drone, but later finding out that I can't learn on the simulator.
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_pJAdagXdKrK5
New

Brazil

Hi!
I don't believe that the Mini 2 controller doesn't work on DJI Sim! It's very important to new drone's pilots improve the piloting skills and how to fly a Drone! DJI, please request just like a emergency situation to DJI engineers. Thanks!
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_AsjXR2aXelNp
New

United States

I mean seriously grow up!  Get this added, how TF do you have a mini 1 that works with flight simulator and a mini 2 that takes that functionality away?  IT WAS RELEASE AFTER THE MINI 1, CLEARLY YOU WERE NOT THINKING.  What mental midget thought this was okay?  I am a first time drone owner and now I have a $1000 drone that I am afraid to fly because I will wreck it without some sort of practice.   What a bunch of junkies!  Booo to you JO's!  
2021-3-17
Use props
BernatCA
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I join my mates, this really needs to get done! Please!
2021-3-18
Use props
S.I.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8917 ft
Australia

djiuser_CDvLseMggQp6 Posted at 2-13 04:37
I solve problem by using PS4 controler with USB on Windows 7 (Win10 works same)
You can use any Game Controler (Xbox etc)

Thanks djiuser_CDvLseMggQp6, for the meantime this worked a treat - my cheap USB Xbox controller works fine with Dji Simulator on my Windows 10 setup. Maybe one day they'll add in support for the Mini 2 controller (it's the same controller as the Air 2 controller that's already supported so how hard can it be) but till then, I can still get my "flying fix" koudos to you! Cheers
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_Sx2r5ixSsZ93
New

United Kingdom

SOLVED!!!
So I decided to plug in my XBOX360 controler and it worked perfectly with the program but didn't like the staggered stick configuration so I downloaded the DS4Windows program so I could run my PS4 controller and it works great but not perfect, I found it was a bit sensitive so I lowered the sensitivity of the sticks in the DJI program settings and it was much better.

Hope this helps anyone with a controller to practice before the buy any drone instead of crashing. Have fun!!
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_sb7H1m7QbQW2
New
United States

Let's hope the Mini-2 Sim is coming!

I feel sorry for poor 'Susan'! If she looks anything like her avatar!? That  aside, one can only hope and expect DJI will have this done for us soon. It's just a hardware/software interface issue right? Drivers? Whatever! Regardless of your skill level, it would still be nice to spend a rainy day inside practicing maneuvers without the fear of crashing your new Mini-2.  If it's superior software (as we expect) a few of us might actually buy it. Just saying DJI. [#1 for a reason!]

2021-3-19
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 3-19 21:54
While it is possible, I'd rather commit the actual Mini 2 controller to muscle memory in order for flying to become second nature, much like gaming with the 360 controller is.

Did someone say its possible to use a PS4 Dual Shock? I don't have an Xbox controller but I do have a PS4.

Also, I guess its worth asking.. What about a Spektrum Transmitter? I have a DX7 so is there any scope to use that? I doubt it, but its worth asking.

If PS4 is possible, anyone got any tips on wherer to start? I always thought the PS4/PC support was poor, but I could be wrong.

Also.. On the subject of the sim.. What is the difference between the free/trial version and the "paid"?

2021-3-20
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I have now installed the free tryal version of the DJI flight simulator and run it with the game controller for the XBox under Windows 10 - it works flawlessly. But:
I can't find the GALERY menu item in the main menu - isn't there in the free version?
No matter in which view - the settings menu of the drone APP (...) cannot be called - this only works with the respective remote control of the drone and the Enterprise version is then required (this also works with the XBox Game Controller )?
Where can I get the enterprise version and what does it cost?
2021-3-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-23 18:45
Hi there, I am sorry for the delay, there is no plan for adding the support as of the moment.

How about DJI instead of just saying no plans, takes the suggestions of their paid customers and makes this happen.  It's bad enough that the DJI FLY app doesn't support 90% of the tablets those of us used on DJI GO due to the 64bit requrements, but now a new, entry level drone doesn't have support for the Flight Sim. As was the spark, yet neither are supported!  It's ridiculous that the Mini 2 is not supported.  The spark I can understand based on with the Flight Sim was released, but at this point DJI is upsetting their paying customers, you have ANGRY customers, clue in!  The Flight SIM should be avaialble for new pilots using entry level drones to get their skills up.  Stop saying NO PLANS and get your developers off their butts and get working on support!
2021-3-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

TechTy15 Posted at 2-9 14:32
What a disappointing thread, just dropped $800 CAD on the mini 2 and I can't even practice on a simulator?  Is this a JOKE?!

Hey don't feel bad, I dropped about $2500 Canadian in total thus far( Phantom 3, Spark and Mini 2 ) all 3 remotes NOT supported for the Flight Sim!
2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules