73654 185 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Mhinc Posted at 3-20 03:17
Hey don't feel bad, I dropped about $2500 Canadian in total thus far( Phantom 3, Spark and Mini 2 ) all 3 remotes NOT supported for the Flight Sim!

As already written - I installed the Free Tryal version and played with various scenarios and drones ...
What is so great about this flight simulator that you absolutely want it ?!
This has nothing to do with reality (at least in the fairy version)!
If I want to know how my drone behaves in the open air in wind, I have to find out live and not with a flight simulator ...
Maybe it's different with the Enterprise Version - but considering the Free Version, I can't understand your excitement.
2021-3-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

ozoffi Posted at 3-20 05:32
As already written - I installed the Free Tryal version and played with various scenarios and drones ...
What is so great about this flight simulator that you absolutely want it ?!
This has nothing to do with reality (at least in the fairy version)!

It's the point and principal.
2021-3-21
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Does that mean that you only have all the features with the Enterprise version?  Is it really correct that the SW costs 1600 euros?
https://droneparts.de/dji-flight ... llUjasaAhWoEALw_wcB
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_C5cEdZRUtFrE
New

Austria

I bought the DJI Mini 2 as perfect beginner's drone - BUT NO WAY TO PRACTICE !!!

as at least the remote is not supported in DJI Flight Simulator and there was no response if there is any other simulator supporting the remote for practicing nor that it will be supported soon.

=> I will return the JDI Mini 2, the combination of a beginner's drone and no training possibility on computer is a bad joke
2021-3-22
Use props
BatUtilityBelt
lvl.1

United States

Hey Susan,

I have 2 drones from another manufacturer, and the Mini 2 is my first DJI drone. I would feel better about this choice if your Simulator was compatible with the Mini 2 controller.

Is there something wrong with the Mini 2 controller?
2021-3-25
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

I really can't understand the shouting for the simulator! The Mini2 is so easy to fly, there is no need for a simulator on the PC ... which cannot reproduce reality like wind anyway (not in the free version).
A rotor protection is much better invested here.
This means you can practice in the living room without the risk of injury. Read the manual beforehand and always remember what to look out for, but it always helps - even without a simulator.
PS: the simulator can also be used with a game controller (e.g. from the XBox) - its joysticks are used, which means that the control is almost identical to the DJI controller.
2021-3-25
Use props
BatUtilityBelt
lvl.1

United States

ozoffi Posted at 3-25 23:19
I really can't understand the shouting for the simulator! The Mini2 is so easy to fly, there is no need for a simulator on the PC ... which cannot reproduce reality like wind anyway (not in the free version).
A rotor protection is much better invested here.
This means you can practice in the living room without the risk of injury. Read the manual beforehand and always remember what to look out for, but it always helps - even without a simulator.

Yeah, we get that you don't understand, and that's fine. What is important to some is not important to others. Some of us don't have (or want) game controllers we can use to hack our way into using the simulator. And if we did, it would not satisfy the desire we have to get the muscle memory of using the controller that came with our drone in the simulator. It is training that muscle memory many of us are after, without risking our drones. And be honest here - anyone who has ever flown drones understands how much potential there is to crash by making simple mistakes. Get used to the experience with that controller first in a simulator, and the number of stupid little mistakes is reduced.

It is the availability of the simulator, and the outward perception that any USB enabled controller from the same company  should naturally  work within it, and a lack of explanation as to why it does not that has created the consternation. As a new convert to DJI, I am already left wondering if I will ever buy another DJI. The biggest reason for that is their support seems to be much less engaged in customer satisfaction and retention than other companies demonstrate.
2021-3-26
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

My Mini2 was my first drone. I tried this with propeller protection in the living room for the first time without any previous knowledge and was very surprised how easy it was to control the drone (many friends said how difficult it is to control a drone and it takes some practice ...) without GPS and also in poor light conditions with colored flooring (everything with gray carpet). It was always warned that the sensors could not recognize the environment sufficiently, but there were no problems.
I flew through the whole apartment through open doors without any problems and did my maiden flight without crashing.

I only found out that there is a flight simulator through this thread ... which I installed in the free version and then controlled various drones with the XBox Game Controller. I noticed that all drones can be controlled almost identically in free flight and that the feel of the joysticks matches that of the DJI Mini2 Controler almost perfectly.

So I don't really understand the excitement - what exactly should you want to practice for takeoff, landing, flying up / down / forward / back / left / right? At least with the Mini2 ... It may help to practice flip, looping or similar beforehand - but that doesn't work with the Mini2 anyway
What is really tricky are gusts of wind (which apparently cannot be configured in the free version) and the display on the mobile phone / tablet display in bright sunlight (which can often lead to "blind flights") - including the line of sight to the drone different viewing conditions cannot be practiced with the simulator. In the simulator, I always have perfect line of sight, which you should keep away from trees or power lines, sure everyone knows, even without a simulator ... And what it looks like if you still don't do it and the drone crashes - do you really need a simulator for that?

The only thing that really needs exercise is rethinking left <-> right / forward <-> back when the drone is flying towards me - but that's more brain training than muscle memory

Perhaps the Enterprise version offers more options, but it doesn't seem to be readily available for private users as a single license ... I have so far not been able to find out the price for such a single license, nor where I can get it .. .
2021-3-26
Use props
BatUtilityBelt
lvl.1

United States

ozoffi Posted at 3-26 10:06
My Mini2 was my first drone. I tried this with propeller protection in the living room for the first time without any previous knowledge and was very surprised how easy it was to control the drone (many friends said how difficult it is to control a drone and it takes some practice ...) without GPS and also in poor light conditions with colored flooring (everything with gray carpet). It was always warned that the sensors could not recognize the environment sufficiently, but there were no problems.
I flew through the whole apartment through open doors without any problems and did my maiden flight without crashing.

We don't always have good weather to fly outdoors. We don't all have large rooms with high ceilings lacking obstacles to fly indoors. We don't always have our batteries charged. And I live in a city that has outlawed flying in parks. I am lucky enough to have a big yard, but it also has many trees and bushes.

Like I said, what is important to some is not important to others. Why do you think other peoples' wants are unimportant just because they don't match yours? I have flown in my house too, that's not the point. If you don't want to use the simulator, then don't. But telling others they shouldn't is just rude.
2021-3-26
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

I'm not saying you shouldn't use the simulator!
I only tried to explain that a simulaltor is not necessary! I don't have high rooms either and there are trees in my garden too ... THAT is really a weak argument, please. Instead of assuming impoliteness, you could try to accept my tips and maybe make your life easier...
It was clear from the start that the simulator would not be offered for MINI or MINI2 (or was the website on which you can read which drones the simulator is compatible with or which drones are being simulated is until now created?) - then buy a product and then screaming that it is not compatible with the simulator and then threatening that this would be the last DJI drone etc. - will be what ?!
THAT is completely incomprehensible to me!

2021-3-27
Use props
BatUtilityBelt
lvl.1

United States

ozoffi Posted at 3-27 00:47
I'm not saying you shouldn't use the simulator!
I only tried to explain that a simulaltor is not necessary! I don't have high rooms either and there are trees in my garden too ... THAT is really a weak argument, please. Instead of assuming impoliteness, you could try to accept my tips and maybe make your life easier...
It was clear from the start that the simulator would not be offered for MINI or MINI2 (or was the website on which you can read which drones the simulator is compatible with or which drones are being simulated is until now created?) - then buy a product and then screaming that it is not compatible with the simulator and then threatening that this would be the last DJI drone etc. - will be what ?!

Of course "a simulator is not necessary". A drone is not necessary either, need is a moot point.

If those of us you are arguing against succeed,, DJI will have added the MINI 2 remote to simulator supported controllers and everyone should be happy.

If on the other hand you succeed,, nobody gets to use the simulator with a MINI 2 remote, and who is happy about that, you? Why? Because you think everyone else should feel as you do about it. Get over yourself enough to understand you are not changing anyone's mind about wanting to use the simulator, and maybe you should not be trying to. There are plenty more justifications for people wanting to, but you don't need them, nor do I think you would appreciate them. That's you, not everyone.
And no, people don't read everything publicly available about a product before buying it, especially when there is so much to read in a hot market. We read enough to decide which model of which vendor and who is registered to retail it, and who will work with you on the pricing, etc. Later, we back-fill with information like these compatibility expectations.

DJI Remote Controllers.jpg
2021-3-27
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

You assume that I have statements that I have never made!
I'm not "happy" - why should I ?!
I just wanted to say that the compatibility with the remote of the Mini2 is not absolutely necessary for practicing - that is a completely different statement than what you assume by all means to me!
But just keep twisting the word in my mouth if it makes you happy

Incidentally, I've finally got an answer where you can buy the Enterprise version at what price, which obviously can do a lot more (e.g. simulation of wind) than the free version:
"You can purchase from authorized dealers like us, the net price is € 1,344.54."
2021-3-31
Use props
alexsmeds
New
Flight distance : 38540 ft
United Kingdom

This is so disappointing that there is STILL no fix or consideration for mini users - just an indoor risk free flight is all we ask for - surely some support can be given. Ive even boot camp my  mac to install windows and i cant fly with my DJI M2 controller - makes no sense!
2021-4-17
Use props
RoM_17
New
Flight distance : 22936 ft
France

Bonjour , toujours aucune disponibilité de la manette du mini 2 sur le logiciel flight simulator ... ca serais peut être bien que ca se débloque . merci d avance
2021-4-23
Use props
fans23d04706
New

United States

RoM_17 Posted at 4-23 07:18
Bonjour , toujours aucune disponibilité de la manette du mini 2 sur le logiciel flight simulator ... ca serais peut être bien que ca se débloque . merci d avance

Susan, Could we ask that DJI Marketing (who may be more understanding) get involved?  Most Engineering groups don't decide on their own what to decide and implement, often it's corporate Sales & Marketing that determine priorities.  Maybe that's already happened through.
2021-4-25
Use props
Segger
lvl.1

United States

Downloaded the Flight Simulator and surprised to find that my recently acquired Mini 2 controller isn't compatible for what seems like arbitrary reasons, pretty dumb!

I was curious to see how much better the other quadcopters were that DJI offers so I might make a future acquisition but I guess I'll be blissfully unaware for the foreseeable future instead, I see no need to spend thousands of dollars on fun toys when I'm foolishly deprived of juicy marketing material.

I would suggest adding support for the Mini 2 as I'm sure there are many others like me
2021-4-26
Use props
Grazuncle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2365 ft
United Kingdom

-Gunter- Posted at 1-3 16:55
While it would be nice to have the option of flying the DJI Simulator with out Mini 2 controller this is my opinion:
1. The Mini 2 is my first drone. While I had trouble at the beginning (ultimately it was a fault of my mobile's USB-C connector) I never put a single scratch on the drone. Just fly on an open field if you feel not sure about your skills. This little thing will not require more skills than understanding the basics of navigating in three dimensions. Also you need to understand that air won't allow breaking or acceleration like on a road with a car. So give safety space around your little friend.
2. I used a Heli-simulator years ago when I was trying to learn flying my RC heli without crashing that thing. That is a totally different world as you need to keep it stable in the air, correct continuously in 3 dimensions etc. Still, when I first flew it in reality the simulator didn't make me a perfect pilot and I still crashed it every now and then.

Then why bother giving access to the flight simulator for everyone else.. with more expensive equipment? There must 'some' advantage.

All drivers of formula 1 cars have access to and use simulators. They are at the top of their game skills wise.

I guess they are wasting their time when they should be out in their cars.. Oh I see.. they don't want to risk their multimillion pound cars 'all of the time'?

Most commercial pilots will get behind a simulator before being let loose on the company's expensive aircraft?

I get that you can't beat practical.. in the end... but I see a real need here.. Don't worry it won't be obligatory .. LOL
2021-4-27
Use props
Tek74
lvl.1
France

Bonjour,

le contrôleur n'est toujours pas compatible Flight Simulator ?

Dans combien de temps ce sera OK pour le logiciel et pouvoir s'entrainer ?

Merci
2021-5-18
Use props
Jose_UPM
lvl.1

Spain

It's so sad that we can not use the DJI Mini 2 controller with the DJI Simulator.
In order to the new european regulation of UAV, the simulator is a perfect idea to train new pilots.
From my point of view, DJI Mini 2 users are the new generation of pilot, doing a transition between the toys drones and professional equipment. It is for that, I see the trainning in this sphere more important than in others. We are investing in security and in more experimentals pilots.
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_SoxSNpZdSZUD
New

France

I’d like the dji FS available for mini 2 users. I have the dji smart contrôler... Thank you
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_kfJT5VjmWgYm
lvl.1

France

DJI Mini 2 : No flight simulator, no API, no Flight planning software connectivity ... Is it a way to send users to Skydio ?
2021-5-26
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-11-25 02:32
Thank you for your understanding, if there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to contact me or our support.

Mini 2 customers would be far more "understanding" if DJI would add the support.
2021-5-26
Use props
venikravitz
New

Austria

DJI support is telling us, that having DJI mini 2 means you have already a cheap real simulator in your hands.
For them the software simulator and DJI mini 2 are same thing and they do not care about us at all.

So sad!
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_EUXSZef13Dwk
New

United States

Flight simulator如果不支持新遥控器的话,将会有越来越多的抱怨

There will be more and more complains if DJI do not support the new controller in Flight simulator
2021-6-7
Use props
dfsilva
lvl.1
Brazil

Please guys add support to dji mini 2 controller to this simulator
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_80vo0oQwJtDM
lvl.2
United States

MBSL500 Posted at 5-26 12:32
Mini 2 customers would be far more "understanding" if DJI would add the support.

Exactly. We arent asking for the drone to be modeled just the gen 2 controller to be supported which should be relatively simple to do.

I'm a new mini 2 owner and certainly want to practice with a sim first before flying the drone. Not to mention my work schedule or weather that prevents me from flying.
2021-6-24
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

djiuser_80vo0oQwJtDM Posted at 6-24 12:46
Exactly. We arent asking for the drone to be modeled just the gen 2 controller to be supported which should be relatively simple to do.

I'm a new mini 2 owner and certainly want to practice with a sim first before flying the drone. Not to mention my work schedule or weather that prevents me from flying.

It's very easy to fly mini 2. You really don't need a sim and the sim sucks anyway.

It will be very difficult to crash if you follow these steps.
* Put the drone in Cine mode to fly slow at first.
* Keep the drone in line of sight.
* Fly higher than any objects around you (around 20-30 meters usually, don't be afraid).
* Make sure the weather is good and that it's not too windy. Check the free UAV Forecast app to find the wind speed.
* If at any point you feel insecure, just release the sticks and the drone will stop and hover in place.  

Once you're more confident you can turn on normal mode to fly faster and then reduce the altitude gradually.

I would also recommend to get the online drone certificate if you're in the EU even tho mini 2 doesn't require it, because it lets you know about the local laws and gives you some safety tips. It's very easy to pass just read the guide during the test itself and aim for 100%.

You must have an Operator-ID in EU tho, so don't forget that.
2021-6-24
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

READ then buy! It is clearly described that the flight simulator does NOT support the DJI Mini 2 ...
Then you don't have to complain after the purchase;)
2021-6-24
Use props
maxiozyilmaz
New

Brazil

Susan, any new plan to add mini 2 controller?
2021-7-1
Use props
Larga
lvl.1
Belgium

ozoffi Posted at 6-24 22:49
READ then buy! It is clearly described that the flight simulator does NOT support the DJI Mini 2 ...
Then you don't have to complain after the purchase;)

I'm not sure why you are so against this. It's not like adding support would hurt anyone, exactly the opposite. The demand is there as this thread obviously proves, many people including myself would love to see the controller supported. What you suggest (flying indoors) makes no sense at all, you cannot practice any moves indoors as there is no place (unless maybe you live in a castle...).

I would love to use the simulator to practice certain moves in sport mode, fluent camera movement while rotating around an object, playing around with the gimbal settings and finding the best settings for myself, etc ... a simulator would be very useful for that purpose. Although it's true that anyone can fly the Mini 2, not everyone just wants to take off and hover. Some people want to take it to the next level and train to eventually upgrade to a more capable drone or even FPV.

My house is also located in an area where I have to request permission to fly and am limited to 150 ft so I can't just go out and practice.

There are so many reasons a simulator could be beneficial and there is really no reason not to support the controller. It would be nice if DJI could explain to us why they are not adding support, instead of just saying there is no support and there are no plans to support it in the future. If they care anything about their customers, it's the least they could do.
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_jNcSwhSvSI1q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

The SIM does support an Xbox controller (using a wireless controller) but the closest you'll come to the Mini(2) in the SIM is the Spark. That's not all bad as it will still give you some practice flying with a similar sized drone. The area you are able to fly is pretty limited but does have enough features to give you some experience. I was able to practice enough to now be able to manually do a "circle quick shot". That might seem redundant but it helped me shoot the complete shoreline of an oblong island where the quick shot wouldn't work.
2021-7-22
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

@larga I am not "against" ... it just annoys me immensely that you first buy a product and then complain that it cannot do what you * want *, although it clearly describes what it can and cannot do!
So read first, then think, then buy and don't complain.  That you want something is legitimate, but not SO (it's a shame, etc.)!
2021-7-23
Use props
Larga
lvl.1
Belgium

ozoffi Posted at 7-23 01:54
@larga I am not "against" ... it just annoys me immensely that you first buy a product and then complain that it cannot do what you * want *, although it clearly describes what it can and cannot do!
So read first, then think, then buy and don't complain.  That you want something is legitimate, but not SO (it's a shame, etc.)!

Point taken and I agree that there is no reason to complain. I do however understand why people question DJI's decision not to add support, especially if the Mini 1's controller is supported (although the Mini 1 itself is not).

I'm new myself to flying drones even though I've been following the drone scene for a while now. I've only recently bought a Mini 2 myself and tbh I never thought of the need to use a simulator for a none-FPV drone so it never came to my mind to see whether the Mini 2 was compatible with the simulator prior to buying it. It was only after flying it a couple of times that I discovered how useful and convenient it could be to practice flying on a computer at home prior to going out there in the wild. 31 minutes flight time is not very long if you haven't bought the Fly More combo, especially if you have to drive somewhere distant to be allowed to fly.

I do hope DJI will reconsider their decision as obviously there is a lot of demand and after all, wouldn't you prefer having people with more experience flying drones above your head?
2021-7-23
Use props
Agato
New

United States

kenholz Posted at 3-3 21:19
My solution was to find a used Mini 1 controller (which IS compatible with DJI Flight Sim) on EBay for about $25 (new ones are only $40 there).  The typical drone RC sim is more expensive and in my opinion less realistic than DJI's.

Hi. Thank you for your post.
Question: Is the mini 2 cable compatible with the mini 1 controller???
2021-7-23
Use props
Agato
New

United States

ozoffi Posted at 3-26 10:06

How much is DJI paying you??  Must be hefty amount for you to be mouthing off like you are...
2021-7-23
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Austria

Agato Posted at 7-23 12:34
How much is DJI paying you??  Must be hefty amount for you to be mouthing off like you are...

DJI doesn't have to pay me anything - I speak from my own experience!  Your statements AS you and others do are just very annoying.  One can wish a lot, but in such a tone I, as DJI, would repay the purchase price and block you as a customer.  what you are partially performing is just a cheek.
Even if DJI creates the flight simulator for the Mini2, the free version will only be a nice video game and never represent real conditions!  Basically, the simulator is unnecessary because steering the drone under ideal conditions is not a problem even for inexperienced users.  With wind or bad radio connection and the like it gets interesting - the simulator does not reproduce THAT ...
Also not what to do if the drone is out of sight and the APP crashes ...
2021-7-23
Use props
Mysterae
New
United Kingdom

I'd like to add my name to the increasing list of user requests for the Mini 2 controller to work with the DJI Flight Simulator.

Not only will it hone skills and build confidence in using the controller and drone but also allow friends to try it free of risk. The DJI Flight Simulator isn't a replacement for actual flying of course, but it's good fun when conditions outside mean you can't fly for real.

As an aside, if DJI wanted to invest in the app and really make it shine it could be really amazing (higher resolutions, widescreen format, Bing/Google Maps integration, weather effects random or programmed. However what I think I'm wanting is MS Flight Simulator but for DJI drones . Not going to happen I would think!
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_rxN4MfdBhxIH
New

United States

I know its not the same but my cheap usb xbox controller seems to work with fs
2021-7-31
Use props
louis974
New

Réunion

Chiefjedi Posted at 1-14 04:48
This really needs to be added to the mini 2 controller. I can't understand why the Mavic Air 2 controller is compatible but not the mini 2, they are the same controllers right? Please release a patch in the next firmware update, it really can't be that hard. I understand that the flight sim may never have the mini 2 available to fly but it would be nice to try out the other drones and for novices to get some practice.

I agree 02/08/2021, and always no issue ..
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_S9QTOAaotLzk
New

Italy

Ok at the Moment, DJI.. Have some idea? We waiting dir you... I can't wait forever, i thinking about a DJI like a number One.. few month ago i searching for some supporto, but at the moment i don'see anything.. i am very disappointed with this, it was a very bad company policy

I just want to say that it is not the way to remain number one....
Best regard
Francesco
2021-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules