Something completely different - all extreme closeup
503 4 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

When I saw this, I thought "is this really the Pocket 2?"  It's a short cookery video, all in extreme closeup (I didn't realise the P2 would go this close) and with terrific sound - I can just about forgive the subdued background music.

It shows a completely different side to the P2's abilities, and frankly, I'm impressed.

Mine's due for delivery on Friday or Monday.  If it's not Friday, I shall cry.

2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there fansfe82067d, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the video you have shared. Osmo Pocket 2 nailed it when doing closeup recording. Enjoy your Pocket 2 once you have it. Thank you for your support.  
2020-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats!  You're going to love the P2.  
2020-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've since discovered that the video was produced by a pro photographer who clearly knows what she is doing!  Good to see the P2 being taken seriously by a professional.
2020-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

More info on this - this is from the YouTube comments -

"More details are available here on my blog: https://notastarvingartist.com/how-to-make-matcha-cookies/

But in short, everything was recorded solely with the DJI Pocket 2. The sound was picked up from the four built-in microphones located on the sides of the Pocket 2. I did tweak the sound a bit in Adobe Premiere Pro. I filmed using manual settings @ 24fps and 60fps iso 400-800. We lit the tiny nook of the kitchen using Aputure MCs."

The blog on the making of the video - and on the making of the cookies - is well worth reading.  There's a photo of the setup there.

There's also a good written review by the photographer (Melly Lee) elsewhere on her blog at https://notastarvingartist.com/d ... -first-impressions/
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules