Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are any FPV Goggles compatible with the Mini 2?
65556 60 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Actually the best and easiest way to use DJI goggles White or Black with the mini 2, Air 2 and Air2s is to do it with the SmartController.

Works a great and only 1 cable required. The one that comes with the Goggles. The HDMI cable.

Go HDMI from the Goggles to the SC no broadcast issues no range issues. (also how I solve my DJI RE goggles range with the SmartController for my M2 Zoom and M2 PRo.

So My SC provides great Goggles reception. for M2 Pro, M2 Zoom, Air 2 Air 2S, and Mini 2, 6 drones with the 1 controller and goggles. That is the "Best way".

Cheers
2021-8-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 6-18 19:02
there is no law against flying with google; however, you might be suggesting the pilot maintain vlos at all time with the drone and you can't exactly do that while wearing googles.  the googles are intended for a bystander to watch the drone while another pilot flies.

Not sure about the rules in the US but here its OK for the pilot to wear googles but you must have a spotter that has LOS on the drone.
2021-8-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 8-11 15:49
Actually the best and easiest way to use DJI goggles White or Black with the mini 2, Air 2 and Air2s is to do it with the SmartController.

Works a great and only 1 cable required. The one that comes with the Goggles. The HDMI cable.

Thats all well and good but youre saying that after spending X amount on the goggles, we now need to spend a further $5-600, that should be GBP but this stupid Mickey Mouse forum software messes with my UK keyboard. Spending that amount of money to get them working is unreal
2021-8-11
Use props
Scaff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256608 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, sorry this seems to be an old thread.
Love the mini2 have SC (although it has its issues )
I just got the ver 2 fpv goggles so before I open the box properly will they work together or is it still the pita that I’ve read hear ?
2021-12-30
Use props
djiuser_RhlTeCYuX6aQ
New
Flight distance : 47172 ft
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-12 06:13
Hi there trader6777, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. Currently DJI FPV Goggles is not supported by the Mini 2 but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

There are a lot of users interested in this feature I have the AIR2s and was highly disappointed when told originally it would work and now they don’t it would be in DJI best interest to push for this with the developers as sales from the V2 goggles would increase so a win win all around
2022-1-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_RhlTeCYuX6aQ Posted at 1-12 03:31
There are a lot of users interested in this feature I have the AIR2s and was highly disappointed when told originally it would work and now they don’t it would be in DJI best interest to push for this with the developers as sales from the V2 goggles would increase so a win win all around

its prob an occusync issue, the goggles are not compatible with the newer occusync, that's my guess
2022-1-12
Use props
djiuser_uFiuFCfHbQ67
New

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2020-11-15 02:27
Aloha bjr,

Yes, you are right, 64 bit and HDMI, but Apple or Android.  I have not been motivated to find a goggles for the Mini 2 mostly because I have not bought the Mini 2.  The new tablets have USB C now and that is a good tech enabler.

Hello friend, you seemed to be intelligent about dji products and i was wondering if you could help me. Im not completely knowledgeable about drones yet and im needing help find fpv googles for my dji mini 2. I know dji google dont work with the mini 2 but its my understanding there are 3rd party googles that will work? My ideal dream drone for everyday flying would be the dji fpv drone setup with the cool black googles and flying with just the joystick. Reality of life tho is its out of my current price range. So im tryin to mimic that setup as closly as possible and cheaply as possible. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! Links to correct products would be awesome if possible. Email directly to rinehartaerialimagery@protonmail.com
2022-2-3
Use props
HaroldH
New

Ukraine

Thenk you for post
2022-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uFiuFCfHbQ67 Posted at 2-3 23:51
Hello friend, you seemed to be intelligent about dji products and i was wondering if you could help me. Im not completely knowledgeable about drones yet and im needing help find fpv googles for my dji mini 2. I know dji google dont work with the mini 2 but its my understanding there are 3rd party googles that will work? My ideal dream drone for everyday flying would be the dji fpv drone setup with the cool black googles and flying with just the joystick. Reality of life tho is its out of my current price range. So im tryin to mimic that setup as closly as possible and cheaply as possible. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated! Links to correct products would be awesome if possible. Email directly to rinehartaerialimagery@protonmail.com

Aloha djiuser_uFiu,

Unfortunately, you do have the problem you describe - not enough funding to buy the product that is easy to use, and not enough research to find what you need to imitate what you want to do.  Either way, it will take a lot of work (and money) to get what you want.

The key to getting a FPV to work with the Mini 2 will be the tablet or phone.  It is also possible that Litchi will one day be used to fly the Mini 2.  Litchi has a VR mode that is very immersive.  Remember though that the DJI Mini 2 uses OccuSync 2.  This is a very good system for flying the Mini 2.  To use a tablet or phone to fly the Mini 2 the phone or tablet will have to be 64 bit, and that is a rare Android tablet and generally limited to phones.  What you want to do is best done with legacy DJI products that are no longer supported (bummer).  

There is a lot of research you will have to do.  You need to somehow find a USB-C adapter that can convert legacy HDMI goggles to USB-C or USB-C to HDMI.  I am sure they are out there.  You will need to test them with a reasonably priced pair of goggles (no flying yet, just testing).  Banggood sells Eachine goggles at various price levels and resolutions.  You will want 720p or 800p or 1080p.  These are HD (High Definition).  (1080p is basically 20/20.)  

No one will be able to do the research for you and save you money.  You will have to save your money to buy the DJI FPV or spend your money on research.  Sorry.  To get what I wanted, I had to spend a couple thousand in $100-$200 increments, except the adapters, they were $25-$50 or so.

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2022-2-4
Use props
Stefan Cornelisse
New

Netherlands

Shame on you DJI,
This is Total bull..., what drugs u use to develop
Googles, that only a small part off the possible drones that's compatible, made compatible to work whitout the extra camera.

But oh yeah, no...my fault, this is called mass marketing
and consumer rape!
Like making promis to look into something and then don't do it, while IT would be the most conveniant and logical
to do so....!

And why they might ask...well because many people
would have bought there system already.
Also they would really show that they listen and do something with there Promiss.

Not only Read our sugestions or complains,
but also adress these and fix those.
Showing some respect and graditute to all there costumers making there name famous.

Don't forget who made your name!
Whitout the fans and users they would have never become what they are today!

2022-4-14
Use props
Pbrizzo
lvl.1

United States

Renato61 Posted at 2020-11-13 10:06
It is time we don't buy drones until they have full support for what we need.
Without Goggles or FPV support we wait for Dji provide.

You go ahead and do that.
2022-6-17
Use props
Pbrizzo
lvl.1

United States

Stefan Cornelisse Posted at 4-14 11:38
Shame on you DJI,
This is Total bull..., what drugs u use to develop
Googles, that only a small part off the possible drones that's compatible, made compatible to work whitout the extra camera.

Are you ok buddy?
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_6RTIsPxODTpx
New

United Kingdom

How about the RE googles that work aith tbe mavic pro ?
2022-11-7
Use props
fans44cebece
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-12 06:13
Hi there trader6777, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. Currently DJI FPV Goggles is not supported by the Mini 2 but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

Tell them to do the same for Mavic Air 2S as well.
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans44cebece Posted at 12-4 00:45
Tell them to do the same for Mavic Air 2S as well.

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-5
Use props
DroneyK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Take a look at Dronemask 2. It almost gives you what you want. You can also continue to use the touch screen. I was very close to getting some myself but am pending budget approval from the bank manager in my house.
2022-12-5
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281919
2022-12-28
Use props
Khajjiar
lvl.1

India

Hi guys, reposting the question here in hopes of understaning the issue.
I recently bought a mini 2 with an rc-n1 controller and i have the V1 goggles and I wanted to connect them. I don't want to use the mirroring method just yet.
The rc-n1 outputs through a type-c port. Does the following make sense?
rcn1 type-C output -> usb hub(active/passive) with multiple usb2/3 otr typeC outputs.
....-> one typeC output goes to mobile
....-> another typeC output goes to 3rca converter and then to the AV input on the V1 goggles

Thanks
2023-4-29
Use props
Khajjiar
lvl.1

India

Khajjiar Posted at 4-29 23:46
Hi guys, reposting the question here in hopes of understaning the issue.
I recently bought a mini 2 with an rc-n1 controller and i have the V1 goggles and I wanted to connect them. I don't want to use the mirroring method just yet.
The rc-n1 outputs through a type-c port. Does the following make sense?

Well, to test signal loss, I converted the RCN1(typeC) -> usb -> type-c -> mobile. The dji fly app failed to connect. Does this mean :
1.  the dongle is usb2.0?
2. rcn1 is sending signals to lines specific to usbC/usb3.0 and not to usb2.0 lines and so the conversion fails?
2023-5-1
Use props
Khajjiar
lvl.1

India

Khajjiar Posted at 5-1 21:17
Well, to test signal loss, I converted the RCN1(typeC) -> usb -> type-c -> mobile. The dji fly app failed to connect. Does this mean :
1.  the dongle is usb2.0?
2. rcn1 is sending signals to lines specific to usbC/usb3.0 and not to usb2.0 lines and so the conversion fails?

Test #2: I bought a new usbC to usb 3.0 connector and tried the same thing:
  rcn1(usb-c) -> [usb-c to usb 3.0 connector] -> [usb 3.0 to usb-c connector] -> mobile
But it didn't work. I was 100% sure this would work. next thing would have been to try it with a usb-c hub and then use one of the usb outputs to convert the signal to a 3rca and then to 3.5mm jack ultimately reaching the googles.
2023-5-4
Use props
miltonb2006
lvl.1

United States

they need to add this
2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules