3526 5 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

So my Pocket 2 arrived yesterday and I tried shooting some video with the Ulanzi 1.33x anamorphic lens attached to it.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this lens, it was originally made for the Osmo Pocket and easily attaches magnetically to the lens of the Pocket and Pocket 2.

The results:  not good.  The main issue with using this lens on the Pocket 2 is that since the P2 has a wider focal length, there is significant vignetting on the right and left edges.  I also tried zooming in to 1.2x to eliminate the vignetting, but the edges are still severely distorted and out of focus due to the fact that the lens is probably mounted out too far from the P2's lens.

Looks like the only solution is to wait for someone to come out with a dedicated anamorphic lens for the Pocket 2.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Interpol, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. You can find the accessories you can buy through DJI Store https://store.dji.com/category/pocket-2?from=menu_products. Meanwhile, let's wait here if there are other users who can recommend a third-party accessories that you can use with DJI Pocket 2. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, I saw this problem on a YouTube video a few days back, and I think someone posted here that Ulanzi have stated that lens isn't compatible with the new model.
2020-11-12
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-12 14:53
Indeed, I saw this problem on a YouTube video a few days back, and I think someone posted here that Ulanzi have stated that lens isn't compatible with the new model.

Yes, that was me in the other thread.  This post just verified what you stated previously, LOL.

No big deal, I am more than happy to wait for third party accessories to come out for the P2.  It’s an otherwise great camera.
2020-11-12
Use props
momracing
New

Germany

hey, I have the same prob, want a anamorphic for my new pocket 2, I have wrote to freewell on facebook, they say 2021 comes a new freewell anamorphic for the pocket 2..
2020-12-4
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

momracing Posted at 12-4 13:06
hey, I have the same prob, want a anamorphic for my new pocket 2, I have wrote to freewell on facebook, they say 2021 comes a new freewell anamorphic for the pocket 2..

Good to know, thanks!
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules