Help with F550 setup
2034 3 2015-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I am looking for turn key setup info for my new F550 build. I am useing the Naza M V2 and Futaba T10J. I have found several sites with info that I have tried but don't trust launching my F550 on it's own. Currently I have been testing in backyard while holding onto the landing gear. Startup seems normal and have done compass cal and have gps lock. When I move throttle just past center like on take off, it pulls up and I release my grip slightly to let it settle into a hover but it then goes full throttle wanting to climb. I am tempted to teather it to a 10 ft cable for testing so it wont just accellerate into the stratosphear while I attemt to calibrate trims. It will back down if I move the throttle down. This is my first kit build so I am cautious about letting it go free. I have a DJI P2V+ and a P3P so I have a lot of flight time in with those. Any help with a step by step setup with the setup I have that I can be confident in useing. I need precise Naza settings including gains and Futaba T10J settings as well.
Thanks in advance.

Just to add, My F550 is bare with no add ons and I am useing a 6000MAh 4 cell LiPo (mounted on top plate). Craft has also been balanced to center. E300 Propulsion
2015-6-27
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

It sounds like you need to set your throttle end points in your Futaba radio. It should not do what you are describing. Sorry but I am not familiar with Futaba. You could try to do a google search of Futaba setups with Naza.
2015-6-29
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

So since I have had no real world advice from someone who has done an exact build (with my current radio setup) and reviewing lots of vids none of which has helped me I am going to sell off this rig. Despite everything I have tried and no real useful input here to my exact setup. I am not confident to release this bird to untethered flight as it continues to have a mind of its own. So for now I will stick to my DJI P3P which performs flawlessly. Thanks to those who tried to give help.
2015-9-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I hope you were able to sell for a good price and hope you are enjoying your P3P.

Dave
2015-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules