Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello all Pocket 2 owners and soon to be owners,
If you, like me have been struggling to detach the Do-It-All Handle after trying it on the Pocket, well I made a little video showing my method. Its non destructive I can assure you, but until I figured it out I thought that was going to be the only way, so, hope this helps

Edited to add the following caution:
I'd like to stress that when you are trying to detach the handle that you avoid grabbing any part of the gimbal mechanism. A firm grasp around the neck just above the viewfinder screen between the thumb and first finger. The idea is to compress the body of the Pocket against the handle whilst at the same time releasing the catch.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Psoon, I appreciate the video you have shared and thank you for reaching us out. This is a great video to share and very helpful. Always be careful in removing it. Thank you for your support.  
2020-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Excellent tip.  But I think it needs to be emphasised that at all times it's absolutely essential to avoid accidentally pulling on, or striking, or severely jolting the camera head, which is quite delicate.  And it's certainly not a good idea to use the camera head as a convenient thing to grab hold of!   I bet someone somewhere sometime is going to do that....
2020-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, I think I won't take it off as soon as I got one.
Thanks for making!
2020-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, what duration do you get with the battery on timelapses?
2020-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-11-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-13
Use props
Soundie
lvl.2

It was *unbelievable* annoying to get the bottom attachments off without accidentally pressing the on/off button.
Even only the tripod mount was hard to get off...
2020-11-13
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-12 23:58
PS, what duration do you get with the battery on timelapses?

I’ve been meaning to get out and take some Motion timelapses, to test the battery consumption but the weather has not been cooperative. Will just have to place it on the window sill and capture the rain
2020-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Psoon Posted at 11-13 07:45
I’ve been meaning to get out and take some Motion timelapses, to test the battery consumption but the weather has not been cooperative. Will just have to place it on the window sill and capture the rain

I believe you can charge it while taking timelapses via a powerbank etc. so there is always more juice
2020-11-13
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-13 11:16
I believe you can charge it while taking timelapses via a powerbank etc. so there is always more juice

Yes indeed, thats what most folks have been doing with the original Pocket. It doesnt work flawlessly as the charging circuitry tend to auto shutoff when it reaches close to 100% and if the timelapse is still continuing for another hour or more, the internal battery will be depleted. So you must manually restart your powerbank every hour or so.
2020-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Psoon Posted at 11-13 11:33
Yes indeed, thats what most folks have been doing with the original Pocket. It doesnt work flawlessly as the charging circuitry tend to auto shutoff when it reaches close to 100% and if the timelapse is still continuing for another hour or more, the internal battery will be depleted. So you must manually restart your powerbank every hour or so.

Oh, thanks for the tip!
2020-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've seen a video where it was suggested to put the camera into its case, grip that, then remove the handle.  That method would tend to protect the gimbal head at least - I think.
2020-11-14
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-14 01:16
I've seen a video where it was suggested to put the camera into its case, grip that, then remove the handle.  That method would tend to protect the gimbal head at least - I think.

You can choose whichever method, just as long as you don’t think the official DJI video demonstration is a reality
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_FK4EB1O4e4B0
lvl.1

United States

Still i cant remove.. its so hard to take off. I am gettin crazy.
2022-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules