Pls Update to solve
2020-12-5
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have the same problem. I can remove it by increasing the scale to 101.4% but, I shouldn't have to do that. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
Regards,
Tom
2020-12-6
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm betting they all have this problem. It is really noticeable in the blue skies. It can be removed in FCP and, I'm sure in other editing software, by increasing the scale to 101.4% but, as I said earlier, we should not have to do that.

Regards,
Tom
2020-12-6
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have the same issue too!!!
2020-12-7
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81834 ft
  • >>>
Germany

com'on DJI! Fix it!
2020-12-8
Use props
Maikeru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762 ft
United States

Over a month since last firmware update.
(I've been checking release note page daily hoping for update: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf)

Almost a month since I reported it to DJI and they said they have a fix coming in next firmware update. I offered to beta test it for them to confirm it fixed and no go.

Starting to believe they won't be able to fix this or fix it in a proper way to maintain true 4K. Think I'm returning my drone to best buy tomorrow as defective.
I stopped using the drone after my 2nd flight when I noticed and then reported the issue to DJI.

Also that no YouTuber has mentioned this issue is suspicious or they all lack attention to detail.

Bummed this was my first drone.
2020-12-8
Use props
Alvarado23
lvl.1

Mexico

Have you noticed that nobody on youtube, facebook or other forums are talking about it?

It is very important. One of the main features of this new drone is 4K video and it is not useful right now.

DJI is telling the youtubers not to talk about it?

It would be better if too many people reported this on youtube, it would affect their sells and we could have a solution earlier.

I tried to comment several videos of famous youtubers letting them know of that line on their videos and no one answered me or commented it. Very strange.
2020-12-8
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

That's a pretty common (and depressing) thing. Tech devices have widely known problems and YouTube reviewers completely ignore them. I know in some cases it goes like this: Reviewer warns the brand that the problem is there, as they have and want to keep having a good relationship with the brand. The brand tells them "we are aware of it, it's not really an issue, you are running pre-production firmware. Won't be there after launch or will be fixed with the first update". And it all ends there.

The latest GoPro had (still has) massive touchscreen problems and a non-working GPS antenna, but it took weeks until reviewers started talking about this.

Props to Hubert Aile, who did talk about the orange line (6:59)
2020-12-9
Use props
TatsuyaH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38087 ft
Japan

Alvarado23 Posted at 12-8 08:57
Have you noticed that nobody on youtube, facebook or other forums are talking about it?

It is very important. One of the main features of this new drone is 4K video and it is not useful right now.

Someone has reported this issue on Youtube.
2020-12-9
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI are you sleeping? Can you fix it or not... How many weeks do we have to wait????
2020-12-16
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Firmware update done, Orange line still on all 4K Videos... How many month to sort this out via update? Or was this a joke and you can't, DJI?
2020-12-16
Use props
Alvarado23
lvl.1

Mexico

If the had it already solved, like they said on November, we already had the new firmware. It is a big issue, I hope they solve it sooner than later; or at least that they solve it.
2020-12-16
Use props
Tigerxc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76129 ft
Australia

I only just noticed after watching a YouTube video where one of the comments mentioned it. I don't have any 4K gear so I have been using 1080 mainly. Just tried the 4K and, yep, I have the line too. Just did update as well. I'd bet DJI are working on it feverishly. Must be a bit of a hard one as I think they would have fixed it if they could. They'll get there I'm sure.
2020-12-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tigerxc Posted at 12-16 21:35
I only just noticed after watching a YouTube video where one of the comments mentioned it. I don't have any 4K gear so I have been using 1080 mainly. Just tried the 4K and, yep, I have the line too. Just did update as well. I'd bet DJI are working on it feverishly. Must be a bit of a hard one as I think they would have fixed it if they could. They'll get there I'm sure.

if i would still working on this yellow streak issue, i would not have released this latest software update yesterday.  hold it a few more days/weeks until it is fixed.
2020-12-16
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Have talked with staff member in DJI shop. They say, they never heard about that problem. If DJI isn't able to fix this error via firmware, next is to get money back. Sry DJI.
2020-12-17
Use props
Captafrak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57054 ft
France

I have the problem of the line in top left corner too and only in 4k@30fps.
Please DJI update firmware soon.
2020-12-17
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Got the new firmware installed.

A very thin orange line still in the left upper corner on 4K@30fps, when you fly up in the sky. However, ... getting a different color than blue in the left upper corner, a light brown, coffee cream background, I see a tiny blue line instead. I guess part of the orange line was covered with the oposite color blue, to mask the problem in the blue sky.

I hope a more permanent solution is in the make.
2020-12-17
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Need your help, did the update, for me the problem still persist... Nothing changed. What's with you? Someone noticed a change?
2020-12-18
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

fans33fb6b33 Posted at 12-18 01:30
Need your help, did the update, for me the problem still persist... Nothing changed. What's with you? Someone noticed a change?

Yes, I noticed a difference.
The orange line became a thin orange - blue line.
Some mask up with blue to make it somewhat smaller. In the sky you won't see the blue part, only the orange. On a brown surface, you'll see a blue part.

2020-12-18
Use props
fansb0c267ac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

I wanted to inform everybody that Andrea Pinotti, an italian drones lover with a very followed youtube channell, has posted a new video after the fw update: for him the yellow line is gone.
2020-12-18
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

fansb0c267ac Posted at 12-18 07:23
I wanted to inform everybody that Andrea Pinotti, an italian drones lover with a very followed youtube channell, has posted a new video after the fw update: for him the yellow line is gone.
Click here

The line is still there for me even after the latest FW update.
2020-12-18
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Click here

I would want to see that on a different background and contrast level. I have yet to try it on mine
2020-12-18
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

waiting for replacement of my1st mini2 with IMU errors spam :/ cmon DJI, get us proper product, not make a beta-testers from customers
2020-12-18
Use props
Maikeru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762 ft
United States

I just updated my Mini 2 to the new firmware Update V01.01.0700

I did a test on the same targets before and after the firmware update. A grey panel in a room and pointing at a clear blue sky.
The firmware update made absolutely no change. Line is still very much noticeable, especially on clear skies.
2020-12-18
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

KREMi Posted at 12-18 13:33
waiting for replacement of my1st mini2 with IMU errors spam :/ cmon DJI, get us proper product, not make a beta-testers from customers

Stop talking nonsense. The Mini 2 is absolutely flawless for 99.9% of users.
2020-12-18
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Click here
Thanks for this information. In his video, only the colors changed a bit. But it's the same problem. So it seems, like DJI plays around a hardware defect... And can't sort this out...
2020-12-19
Use props
fansb0c267ac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

Andrea Pinotti has published a new video about the line iussue in 4k. It's still there unfortunatelly....and the line changes color also.....
2020-12-19
Use props
mini2grueni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23222 ft
Germany

SublimeQuad Posted at 11-16 16:47
Ive shot 12 4k videos and lots of photos and don’t see this line. I posted one of my videos to this forum last week - search “covered bridge” to find it. No line that I see.

lucky you then :-)
2020-12-19
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 12-18 15:46
Stop talking nonsense. The Mini 2 is absolutely flawless for 99.9% of users.

tell me, who is talking nonsense:
- you, who just ignore real post of other users reporting their problems
- me, who order mini2, and had to send it back+get replacement bcse of IMU problems... and I see how many other users here and on YT report problems :/ basic problems, not some small glitches :/
also I already had simillar experience with earlier DJI drones - if You buy it right after release - be sure that minimum 2-3 next updates will fix most basic issues :/ IMHO that's was still beta product at that stage

BTW: wonder where did You get this 99.9% flawless... ;)
2020-12-19
Use props
Juke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207182 ft
Finland

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to believe the orange line is HW problem and can't be fixed with firmware updates.
2020-12-19
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I more and more believe DJI is playing around and around. But can't fix it. It's hardware related failure... What do you think?
2020-12-19
Use props
fansc9d1e824
lvl.1

United States

fans33fb6b33 Posted at 12-19 10:25
I more and more believe DJI is playing around and around. But can't fix it. It's hardware related failure... What do you think?

If it’s a hardware problem or physical, dji needs to recall all defective mini 2 drones and refund customers ASAP or the longer they wait, the more legal trouble they will be in.

How the heck did they sell a drone that promises 4k 30fps 100Mbps bitrate video recording just to have a orange or blue blob in every single video saved up at the top left corner?

DJIs response, well fix it maybe, for now don’t use 4k, the advertised selling point of this version of mini drone compared to the first one!!!!
2020-12-20
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

fans33fb6b33 Posted at 12-19 10:25

if it were a hardware problem it would have been clearly visible in both photos and video. hence not a hardware issue but software.
2020-12-20
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

The issue is clearly hardware but it does not mean that it cannot be solved by SW.
2020-12-20
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

AdmBenson Posted at 12-20 05:11
The issue is clearly hardware but it does not mean that it cannot be solved by SW.

If it is hardware it means it is the sensor. If it is the sensor it would be on all jpg and dng files, so could you please provide some samples to confirm your statements?
2020-12-20
Use props
PeterKiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262749 ft
Slovakia

Did anyone test it with 4K Quickshots?

I had my first flight with Mini 2 yesterday, photos are ok, full hd is ok, 4K have an orange line. I wanted to test quickshots today, but I did not fly due to fog.
2020-12-20
Use props
Toonleap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358533 ft
Panama

Hello DJI
I noticed there is an orange line at the top left corner of the video. 4K at 30fps
Is there any fix for that. I searched for this issue and it seems it is a widespread problem.

2020-12-20
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

sbonev Posted at 12-20 09:16
If it is hardware it means it is the sensor. If it is the sensor it would be on all jpg and dng files, so could you please provide some samples to confirm your statements?

Not necessarily. This issue for me looks like a clamping issue due to a saturation of the CDS caused by undesirable pulses existing during the horizontal blanking of the corresponding lines, in a specific read mode of the sensor (4K). Each read mode has his own timings. The variable color is because the channel that saturates depends on the background color
At least it is something that I've already seen in my past of camera design engineer . The fix could be a modification of the timings according to Sony specs. Could be a SW fix. But likely it takes some time if Sony is in the loop.
2020-12-20
Use props
P3LiGr0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6982743 ft
Spain

Maikeru Posted at 12-8 08:53
Over a month since last firmware update.
(I've been checking release note page daily hoping for update: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf)

Do you know how the DJI people are going to solve this problem (taking away the 4k and giving us a 3.9K). You will see, I have another question, if I return my drone, what will happen to the CARE REFRESH ?.
I think it would be better to use a life and so change it.
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I never noticed if I had it before the latest update but upon seeing the posts above, I decided to do some tests of my own. I did the test after the update . I would also note that my MINI 2 is brand new....about one week old. My skies were clouded out and/or raining so did some tests in my house. I put the drone in 4K and auto exposure mode and manual white balance. I tried both with having the drone hover as well as hand held. I used a series of back grounds from my studio....(I am a retired professional photographer).....photo grey cards, white and coffee color wall, etc. I also tried with moving the gimble up and down to see it that made any difference. I reviewed the video both on my laptop as well as a 70" Samsung monitor TV at 1080p. In all cases I did not see any evidence of the color lines as others described.

I decided to go back and look at the video at the top of this Forum topic and noticed as I ran it, the color line would not show consistently and sometimes changed shape a bit also. For some times it seemed to disappear. That puzzled me as you would think the defect would show the same all the time. That got me wondering if one of two circumstances could cause it:
1. Radio interference
2. sun reflections or flare off some part of the drone at certain angles.

I want to go out and try to simulate the conditions others had when they got the color streak....when clear weather comes back.
I was wondering if some conversion from the 4K down to 1080p on either the laptop or TV would have caused it since the video above was down rated from 4k to 1080p on Youtube.

So what I am proposing....we do have several people above who have identified it on their drones. Are there others like myself that don't seem to have the problem?  When doing the tests set the aperture and color balance both fixed in one test and auto in another. Is there any difference?  I did both tests on a variety of backgrounds and no color streak thus far. Also note if you are near any sources of radio noise. It might be worthwhile noting what cell phone brand and operating systems was used (Android or Apple). I use an older Samsung 7s cell phone.
2020-12-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules