Orange line on all videos
8981 100 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

sbonev Posted at 12-20 09:16
If it is hardware it means it is the sensor. If it is the sensor it would be on all jpg and dng files, so could you please provide some samples to confirm your statements?

Not necessarily. This issue for me looks like a clamping issue due to a saturation of the CDS caused by undesirable pulses existing during the horizontal blanking of the corresponding lines, in a specific read mode of the sensor (4K). Each read mode has his own timings. The variable color is because the channel that saturates depends on the background color
At least it is something that I've already seen in my past of camera design engineer . The fix could be a modification of the timings according to Sony specs. Could be a SW fix. But likely it takes some time if Sony is in the loop.
2020-12-20
Use props
P3LiGr0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6982743 ft
Spain

Maikeru Posted at 12-8 08:53
Over a month since last firmware update.
(I've been checking release note page daily hoping for update: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf)

Do you know how the DJI people are going to solve this problem (taking away the 4k and giving us a 3.9K). You will see, I have another question, if I return my drone, what will happen to the CARE REFRESH ?.
I think it would be better to use a life and so change it.
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I never noticed if I had it before the latest update but upon seeing the posts above, I decided to do some tests of my own. I did the test after the update . I would also note that my MINI 2 is brand new....about one week old. My skies were clouded out and/or raining so did some tests in my house. I put the drone in 4K and auto exposure mode and manual white balance. I tried both with having the drone hover as well as hand held. I used a series of back grounds from my studio....(I am a retired professional photographer).....photo grey cards, white and coffee color wall, etc. I also tried with moving the gimble up and down to see it that made any difference. I reviewed the video both on my laptop as well as a 70" Samsung monitor TV at 1080p. In all cases I did not see any evidence of the color lines as others described.

I decided to go back and look at the video at the top of this Forum topic and noticed as I ran it, the color line would not show consistently and sometimes changed shape a bit also. For some times it seemed to disappear. That puzzled me as you would think the defect would show the same all the time. That got me wondering if one of two circumstances could cause it:
1. Radio interference
2. sun reflections or flare off some part of the drone at certain angles.

I want to go out and try to simulate the conditions others had when they got the color streak....when clear weather comes back.
I was wondering if some conversion from the 4K down to 1080p on either the laptop or TV would have caused it since the video above was down rated from 4k to 1080p on Youtube.

So what I am proposing....we do have several people above who have identified it on their drones. Are there others like myself that don't seem to have the problem?  When doing the tests set the aperture and color balance both fixed in one test and auto in another. Is there any difference?  I did both tests on a variety of backgrounds and no color streak thus far. Also note if you are near any sources of radio noise. It might be worthwhile noting what cell phone brand and operating systems was used (Android or Apple). I use an older Samsung 7s cell phone.
2020-12-20
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

AdmBenson Posted at 12-20 13:57
Not necessarily. This issue for me looks like a clamping issue due to a saturation of the CDS caused by undesirable pulses existing during the horizontal blanking of the corresponding lines, in a specific read mode of the sensor (4K). Each read mode has his own timings. The variable color is because the channel that saturates depends on the background color
At least it is something that I've already seen in my past of camera design engineer . The fix could be a modification of the timings according to Sony specs. Could be a SW fix. But likely it takes some time if Sony is in the loop.

Ok if that is the case the results would be consistent and always the same size pixels and line no? If that's the case everybody with this issues would notice exact same line all the videos under same conditions... And if it is clamping due to horizontal blaming why it is limited only in the upper left corner always? It would appear at different places if it were hardware... The consistency across most mini2 and the way it appears and the place suggests more likely a software issue with the processing of the image. And to be honest to fix hardware issue with software is something that seems too far fetched.
2020-12-21
Use props
jma1e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29439 ft
Germany

I am having the same issue.
2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_CbQTUS0TdFCk
lvl.1
Spain

djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8 Posted at 12-20 16:15
I never noticed if I had it before the latest update but upon seeing the posts above, I decided to do some tests of my own. I did the test after the update . I would also note that my MINI 2 is brand new....about one week old. My skies were clouded out and/or raining so did some tests in my house. I put the drone in 4K and auto exposure mode and manual white balance. I tried both with having the drone hover as well as hand held. I used a series of back grounds from my studio....(I am a retired professional photographer).....photo grey cards, white and coffee color wall, etc. I also tried with moving the gimble up and down to see it that made any difference. I reviewed the video both on my laptop as well as a 70" Samsung monitor TV at 1080p. In all cases I did not see any evidence of the color lines as others described.

I decided to go back and look at the video at the top of this Forum topic and noticed as I ran it, the color line would not show consistently and sometimes changed shape a bit also. For some times it seemed to disappear. That puzzled me as you would think the defect would show the same all the time. That got me wondering if one of two circumstances could cause it:

have you enlarged the image?  lines are visible if you zoom in on the video frame in the upper left. it was hard for me to see it the first time
2020-12-21
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

sbonev Posted at 12-21 01:13
Ok if that is the case the results would be consistent and always the same size pixels and line no? If that's the case everybody with this issues would notice exact same line all the videos under same conditions... And if it is clamping due to horizontal blaming why it is limited only in the upper left corner always? It would appear at different places if it were hardware... The consistency across most mini2 and the way it appears and the place suggests more likely a software issue with the processing of the image. And to be honest to fix hardware issue with software is something that seems too far fetched.

The structure of the defect and the variable aspect let me think that it's a problem which is linked to a saturation of the CDS. The location of the defect is the same, because I suspect that this perturbation is due to some pulses which exist only in 4K mode, during the horizontal blanking and during the few lines of the frame corresponding to the presence of the defect.
SW fix for me means modification of the sensor timings to avoid the saturation, not a kind of cosmetics to clean the image.
Maybe I'm completely wrong I cannot say it's the defect here, but it's something that I've already seen with a similar consequence. Anyway I guess that DJI is working with Sony to fix it, pretty sure there is a fix for this.
2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

djiuser_CbQTUS0TdFCk Posted at 12-21 02:00
have you enlarged the image?  lines are visible if you zoom in on the video frame in the upper left. it was hard for me to see it the first time

I did view the image on a 70" HIDEF monitor and didn't see them there. I want to do some outdoor shots to confirm one way or the other. I  am really curious if there are others that don't seem to have the problem like myself.  
2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_cu0Uw6HUBg1b
New
Spain

I bought my drone just yesterday, they gave me the information about the error, I flew it to check it and indeed it has the problem of the upper left corner, when recording in 4k.
I also saw a failure that loses control with the remote, it also happened on my mobile screen although it continued to work ..
2020-12-22
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81834 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_cu0Uw6HUBg1b Posted at 12-22 10:59
I bought my drone just yesterday, they gave me the information about the error, I flew it to check it and indeed it has the problem of the upper left corner, when recording in 4k.
I also saw a failure that loses control with the remote, it also happened on my mobile screen although it continued to work .. [view_image]

Thanks for explaining your situation. Did you buy your drone from a shop or from private?
2020-12-22
Use props
djiuser_R95cYgpLojmd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296535 ft
Spain

En España están todos los míni2 afectados con este problema al grabar en 4k....pienso que todos estos drones desde su salida al mercado y los que tienen en stock en tienda, están afectados.... haber Dji que dice al respecto con la solución que dan o le van a llover todas las devoluciones en garantía...
2020-12-24
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81834 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After Update the Firmware, here the problem still exists
Screenshot_20201225_165405_com.google.android.youtube-01.jpeg
2020-12-25
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

Firmware: v01.01.0700 (2020.12.16) doesn't fix this. Maybe next update.
2020-12-25
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

Firmware: v01.02.0000,
Date: 2020.12.28
"Fixed rare issue: abnormal texture appeared in the upper left corner in 4K videos"

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2020-12-28
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I've tested it right now and it's fixed with the new firmware
2020-12-28
Use props
NUEVAVIP
New
Peru

SOLUCION URGENTE POR FAVOR.

YO TENGO EL MISMO PROBLEMA, CON LA RAYA ANARANJADO EN EL VIDEO 4K, POR FAVOR DJI, DEN UNA SOLUCIÓN URGENTE, DEBO REALIZAR UNOS TRABAJO PARA UNA EMPRESA Y LOS VIDEOS LOS NECESITO EN 4K.

2020-12-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use 1080p Your file sizes will be way smaller and easier to work with. You will not have the orange line issue and your videos will be just as good to watch. You will also have 4x Zoom and not 2x.

The supposed better quality of  4K is far out weighed by its disadvantages of which there are many
2020-12-28
Use props
Juke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207182 ft
Finland

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 23:32
Use 1080p Your file sizes will be way smaller and easier to work with. You will not have the orange line issue and your videos will be just as good to watch. You will also have 4x Zoom and not 2x.

The supposed better quality of  4K is far out weighed by its disadvantages of which there are many

Or you can use 720p or even less. It's just fine if you watch the recordings in your mobile or equivalent.

But I seriously recommend to use 4K if you can and you have or will have a decent display. For example in 75" LG NanoCell (in a few years old technology) display the 4K looks amazing. There's really difference between 1080p and 4K. Really.
2020-12-30
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Juke Posted at 12-30 12:53
Or you can use 720p or even less. It's just fine if you watch the recordings in your mobile or equivalent.

But I seriously recommend to use 4K if you can and you have or will have a decent display. For example in 75" LG NanoCell (in a few years old technology) display the 4K looks amazing. There's really difference between 1080p and 4K. Really.

"There's really difference between 1080p and 4K. Really."

Which the average person filming, unless they are doing it professionally, does not really NEED. 1080p is more than enough for probably 90% of users out there.
2020-12-30
Use props
Captafrak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57054 ft
France

fansa3ca2932 Posted at 12-28 04:45
Firmware: v01.02.0000,
Date: 2020.12.28
"Fixed rare issue: abnormal texture appeared in the upper left corner in 4K videos"

For me the new firmware v01.02.0000 fix the problem of the line in the upper left corner in 4K videos.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_Gv7qMWKA5yoZ
New

Georgia

I have the same issue. When I saw It I thought it was my fault somehow and then I went through all footage and its there always. I am so dissappointed with dji. Not saying anything about their crappy customer service. They lost my package of batteries and never reshipped it to me. With the all pros DJi has I might switch to other drone manufacturers... Chinese is still Chinese
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules