Camera DJI Mini 2?
2565 19 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

See what camera the Mavic Mini 2 has, exactly the same as the Mavic Mini  1. In the new version it was possible to do 4K and raw and in the Mini  there is no chance. The magic of DJI.
time 10:17

2020-11-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How interesting!  Dziękuję Ci
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there vg1, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the video you have shared. This is an interesting video. Always fly safe. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-12
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Some minor pcb changes but, he never spoke what the chip was.

Mini 2 Left || Mini 1 Right
2020-11-12
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

2020-11-12
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Wow that was a bit scary, glad you got it back together!
2020-11-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

He did not notice (or at least mention) that the Mini 2 motor arms are thicker than ones on the Mini. It is enough difference that some prop guards for the Mini will not fit the Mini 2.
2020-11-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-12 12:53
Some minor pcb changes but, he never spoke what the chip was.

Mini 2 Left || Mini 1 Right

Exactly, just because the camera is the same does not necessarily mean the main processor can handle the faster data.
2020-11-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting
2020-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see.
Probably the processor is different, or the cooling. Which allows for the 4K
2020-11-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

And the magic works! You bought Mini 2 because it has 4K video and RAW, didn't you? Who's laughing now ?
2020-11-13
Use props
darathe
New

Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-12 23:59
Interesting to see.
Probably the processor is different, or the cooling. Which allows for the 4K

no.
its just the software.
the processor of the MM1 is known to be capable of 4k

Raw isnt even much of a difference in terms of computing power.

Its just software and a total dick move from DJI to not release software upgrades to their 1 year old product.
2020-11-13
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

Never going to happen but it would be cool if DJI back ported it's software, let mm1 users upgrade to 4k, raw, all the new fun stuff as you can't update hardware. You can't update to ocusync 2, you can't update better motors, you can't update li-on to li-po, so enough hardware changes exist to promote sale of a second drone but hey. TIS DJI, why include with what they could sell you later!

Getting back on topic, say in some other universe DJI did release a bitrate/raw patch, I wonder if they would include instructions to poke out the nose hole on the mini 1 to allow for better cooling of the processor like they did on the mini 2.

Mini 1 Sticker

Mini 2 Mesh/Vent
2020-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

darathe Posted at 11-13 03:02
no.
its just the software.
the processor of the MM1 is known to be capable of 4k

I have heard there were thermal issues with 4K processing on MM and they fixed it on MM2.

But other than that, it is not the first (and not the last) manufacturer that adds software limitations to their product range.
In fact my early panasonic videocamera's could be hacked by manually altering the firmware that was loaded in the memory (but still available from the FireWire protocol)
You had to change some bits (very carefully) and end up with a more capable version of a camera.
I remember Canon DSLR users had this hack software that did just that.

So even if I'm wrong, I think it totally makes sense for a company to decide what features they add to a product and still leave room for other ranges and updates.
Otherwise they could just give all their customers a pro line product for a cheap price.
2020-11-13
Use props
darathe
New

Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-13 04:43
I have heard there were thermal issues with 4K processing on MM and they fixed it on MM2.

But other than that, it is not the first (and not the last) manufacturer that adds software limitations to their product range.

Yes but not for a product that is essentially a small update regarding hardware and costs the same after just a year.
That's just to get some extra cash.software limitations are fine if you have to pay extra or if you can buy it for your product.

but DJIs mini 2 is just a horrible way to do this imo
2020-11-13
Use props
darathe
New

Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-13 04:27
Never going to happen but it would be cool if DJI back ported it's software, let mm1 users upgrade to 4k, raw, all the new fun stuff as you can't update hardware. You can't update to ocusync 2, you can't update better motors, you can't update li-on to li-po, so enough hardware changes exist to promote sale of a second drone but hey. TIS DJI, why include with what they could sell you later!

Getting back on topic, say in some other universe DJI did release a bitrate/raw patch, I wonder if they would include instructions to poke out the nose hole on the mini 1 to allow for better cooling of the processor like they did on the mini 2.

are you joking?
you don't believe that yourself right?
a hole in the front. yeah fucking genius.

you fanboys are unbelievable.

i don't care if they release a new updated product. thats totally fine.
what i do care about is holding back software to make the 1 year old product a bit better wich costs basically the same as the new updated one. especially after all the bugs and errors the MM had during this short time.
2020-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

darathe Posted at 11-13 05:26
Yes but not for a product that is essentially a small update regarding hardware and costs the same after just a year.
That's just to get some extra cash.software limitations are fine if you have to pay extra or if you can buy it for your product.

The difference between 2.7K and 4K is very limited with these small lenses anyway.

I consider this more a 'commercial' update than one that makes or breaks your footage.
I have watched some comparison images and the difference is negligible at 100%

Some consumers just want to believe they get something 'better' than the previous version.
So if you really care about getting the best out of your camera, it might be better to jump on the more expensive Mavics (MA2, MP2) and get a better camera system in total.

2020-11-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

darathe Posted at 11-13 05:30
are you joking?

Please, keep it down a little.
We can have arguments and disagree on stuff but it is just that right?
2020-11-13
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

darathe Posted at 11-13 05:30
are you joking?

Fanboy where?

My post is satire, everyone knows DJI has gimped it for the sole purpose to make more money.

You want DJI to do something different? Sell all your DJI products and Support Sony and Autel and once DJI has a competitor worth a damn, DJI will have to be competitive and get with the program.

Look at Intel vs AMD or AMD vs Nvidia, BILLION DOLOR SILICONE got cozzy with no competition, soon as a real competitor shows up BOTH suddenly have MAJOR improvements OVERNIGHT? Why, because a lack of a real market competitor. With no competition there's no hurry to innovate, no reason to compete against itself.

DJI is fast on that track with being the biggest and only of it's size, they are only competitive against themselves.  This is why they release the mini 1 with software gimps, because they already have plans to sell a mini 2 with the features they removed from the first. Just like the mini 3 will have 4k hyper lapse and so on, because it's being limited by software because THEY CAN and DO.
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules