(App Feature Suggestion) Aviation Units in the DJI Fly App
900 1 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mort0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520545 ft
Canada

Hello, I'm fairly new to the forum, and couldn't find where to suggest a new feature.

I suggest adding an "aviation" category to the unit selection alongside metric and imperial, that way a drone pilot can quickly find and report speed in knots, altitude in feet AGL, the direction shown by a compass bearing, etc. Having the further addition of a Northern Domestic Airspace Category would also be great, as in the north a true bearing is used, while in the south of Canada a magnetic bearing is used.

Also, please let us see the current coordinates of the aircraft in the (degrees)° (Minutes)' (Seconds)" format, and the compass bearing of the on-board compass if aviation units are selected. If required, compass calibration could be changed to also reset the compass declination, so you can either set it to 0 if you're in southern domestic airspace or set it according to your charts if you're flying in northern domestic airspace.

Please consider this suggestion, as it could really help aviation safety when flying in controlled airspace, as should ATC ever give instructions on direction, speed, or altitude to travel at, I would be required to follow their instructions.

Mort
2020-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestion.
PS, the products section of this forum is way more active!
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules