Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Add a Prompt || Don't Patch M1 Batteries
810 1 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

This is an Open Letter to DJI to please add a prompt when the Mini 1 batteries are detected asking the user to "Acknowledge this drone Requires Registration when using this Battery", instead of removing support via a firmware patch.

DJI has made it a point that the support is only for the "International version" that still requires registration. I Fear DJI will remove support in future firmware instead of adding a prompt letting users with existing mini 1 batteries continue to operate.

With the support of a "Check this box" DJI would give existing mini users an opportunity to reduce e-waste by letting existing mini owners to use our batteries with the mini 2 as long as we accept the responsibility that the drone now requires registration and performs as well as the mini 1.

2020-11-12
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Coming from the mini 1, I already bought into the fly more tax once. Yes it's a better saving up front but not everyone has it up front, and some just bought a mini 1. The old saying "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice, not everyone can just upgrade to the mini 2 and for some the investment is above what it would cost for an Air 2.

We know what we are buying, when we can afford the batteries and hub later we will do so, but I already have a charging hub and extra batteries from my mini 1 purchase less then a year ago. I don't mind using them with my mini 2, I understand it require registration and will be like flying my mini 1 and that's perfectly fine.

DJI will be selling drones soon without the remote, reducing cost and e-waste, so let's help with that reduction of e-waste now with the continued support of mini 1 batteries on the mini 2.
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules