Really crappy weather
810 2 2015-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

A while ago I posted that it had been a month since the weather was good enough to fly.  And for the most part that has been true still.  Right after I made that post, I was on my way to what is known around here as 'south county.'  On the way is the access road to get to the top of Mt. Greylock.  Right before you get 'on the mountain' there is a parking area and like a welcome center thing that never seems to be open.  It had been raining fairly steady with strong bursts of heavy rain/thunder.  Then as quick as it started, it would stop.  A few minutes later it would begin again.  

So on my way it just happened to stop raining just before I got to the access road.  Dozbot had been in my backseat for days now charged and ready.  I decided to take the chance.  I made my way up the winding road to the parking area.  Got Dozbot out, did all the right things, up went Dozbot.  The video is not very good.  It is not very long (1:25).  But it shows that despite what the weahterman is saying or the online sites are saying, the weather here has been sucking pretty bad this spring.  I do hope the summer is better!

All in all I was able to fly one battery to about 75% before the drizzle started.  I closed the case and opened the back door to my car when the downpour started again.  

2015-6-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I feel you Brother. Been in the same spot so many times. I'm just glad to see you and Dozbot up in the air. You worked so hard for this. It's paying off now! Thanks for the lift!

Jerry
2015-6-27
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,  If you think you have had it bad you should try living in England.  If we have four sunny days in a row we call that Summer where I live, but I suppose on the up side we don't get hurricanes like you guys do in the USA.  Keep positive my friend because it's got to get better at some point so be ready for it.

I gotta go now because it's SO hot here I'm sweating like a fat girl in a bin liner.  Regards  Ian.

Ps. I tell lies as well ...(",)
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules