Pocket 2 Wireless Microphone Not Pairing
12538 29 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aclysm
lvl.1
United States

Just got the Pocket 2 and I love it so far, but there seems to be an issue with pairing the microphone module to the receiver. I've power cycled everything several timesa and done extensive other tests and tricks to find a way to get them working together, but the Pocket always shows Wireless Microphone Not Found. What can I do?
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Aclysm. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with the connection of the Wireless Microphone and to the DJI Pocket 2. For us to isolate and check we can undergo the following troubleshooting methods below:

1. Please restart the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle and DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, and try linking again (Linking method: Linking DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter with DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle).
2. Please ensure that your DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter has enough power. If not, please try it again after it is fully charged.
3. Please ensure that your DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter is not connected with another wireless microphone. If not, disconnect the wireless microphone and try linking again.
4. Please make sure that the firmware of the DJI Pocket 2, DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle, and DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter are all the latest version. If not, update the firmware and try linking again.
5. Please swipe down on the touchscreen of the DJI Pocket 2, and swipe left to check whether there is a Wireless Mic icon. If not, remove and insert the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle again.
In addition, for you to have a reference on how to properly link the unit, please refer to this official video tutorial we have for you. If in case the issue still persists, kindly provide us a video showing the process of the linking and the response of the unit, thank you.
2020-11-13
Use props
Aclysm
lvl.1
United States

I have run through all of these steps and none have worked. The issue is the Wireless Transmitter appears to be connected to something (solid green light on the top), but I see no indicator on screen that it's connected at all. Here's the video of me trying the steps. If there is a way to reset everything to factory default, I think that's the preferred method.
2020-11-13
Use props
Aclysm
lvl.1
United States

Still need an answer on this.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aclysm Posted at 11-15 11:57
Still need an answer on this.

Hi Aclysm, thank you for your reply and additional information. I was able to review the video. Kindly PM me the serial number of the DJI Pocket 2? In addition, kindly provide us a a photo of the firmware information of the unit that can also be found when we set it up using the DJI Mimo app or on the settings and under "About". Thank you.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aclysm Posted at 11-13 15:07
I have run through all of these steps and none have worked. The issue is the Wireless Transmitter appears to be connected to something (solid green light on the top), but I see no indicator on screen that it's connected at all. Here's the video of me trying the steps. If there is a way to reset everything to factory default, I think that's the preferred method. https://youtu.be/2O9rHs1o4ls

Hi there Aclysm, thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. I receive a response from our designated team and I'm sorry to say that we will be needing to send back the unit for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Aclysm Posted at 11-15 11:57

It seems the wireless mic connected with other device.  Do you have any other pocket2, if so plz power off it and retry the pairing.

if not you may try :
1. make pocket 2 searching for wireless mic.
2.  once switch on the wireless microphone and simultaneously press the pair button, making the wireless mic green led blinking (into the pairing).   check whether it can connect to pocket2 .

if it still fails( the led blink but still cannot pair), follow DJI Gamora 's guide...

2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_WJYO9GHE16Bh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112723 ft
  • >>>
India

Mine failed to pair after the recent upgrade. When I turned on the wireless mic the first time after the upgrade, it started doing the firmware upgrade on the mic. Suddenly in the middle of the upgrade it said mic disconnected and upgrade failed. Since then the green light on the mic blinks slowly and never got connected to the do-it-all handle. Deeply saddened. ☹️☹️☹️
2021-1-16
Use props
gabrielalvareztravel
lvl.1

France

Hello DJI community, I just got a DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo & I have the same issue pairing the wireless mic.
I connected the DJI Pocket 2 to my iPhone & the Mimo app & it updated the firmware.
I'm following the process to pair the wireless mic with the Do-It-All plug, when I turn on the mic transmitter the light turn green as the Do-It-All as well but when I try pairing I get the "Wireless mic not found" error.
Here is the video of what I'm doing & the error:https://youtu.be/L4xmaAIBTsk
I followed the process provided by DJI moderator switching on & off, etc but doesn't work.
How can I update wireless mic firmware?
Please Help
Gabriel

2021-2-5
Use props
Anand Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112723 ft
  • >>>
India

gabrielalvareztravel@gmail.com Posted at 2-5 02:16
Hello DJI community, I just got a DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo & I have the same issue pairing the wireless mic.
I connected the DJI Pocket 2 to my iPhone & the Mimo app & it updated the firmware.
I'm following the process to pair the wireless mic with the Do-It-All plug, when I turn on the mic transmitter the light turn green as the Do-It-All as well but when I try pairing I get the "Wireless mic not found" error.

AFAIK there's no way we can update the wireless mic's firmware. I guess the problem is with the do-it-all handle. DJI replaced the handle for me, but as soon as I connected the replacement handle to my Pocket 2, it started a firmware upgrade. Then as usual the wireless mic would not connect to the handle.

All this pocket-handle-mic business is too complex and is a big design failure. If the handle is so important, it should be part of the device itself. I don't think any of us are using the Pocket 2 without the do-it-all handle, correct?
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_qgLIDjaKvr3L
New
Flight distance : 543009 ft
Ireland

Aclysm Posted at 2020-11-15 11:57

Hi Aclysm,
Did you ever get your problem resolved?
My mike was working perfectly well and all of a sudden it stopped yesterday 22/05/21.
I watched your video and it is exactly the same problem
2021-5-22
Use props
cjkask
lvl.1

Estonia

I seem to have similar problem.
Top LED is blinking slowly in green without the lavalier microphone connected, but is blinking orange while the lavalier is connected. User manual says in both cases: "Failed to connect with the Do-It-All Handle".
I've reset the settings and tried all mentioned above without any success. Is there any hard reset option? Might not be related to the problem, but this arose when I forgot the mic on overnight, but after charging it might have forgotten the Bluetooth settings and for some reason is not able to pair with the handle any more.
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_vj0O11GIraFX
New

India

Aclysm Posted at 2020-11-13 15:07
I have run through all of these steps and none have worked. The issue is the Wireless Transmitter appears to be connected to something (solid green light on the top), but I see no indicator on screen that it's connected at all. Here's the video of me trying the steps. If there is a way to reset everything to factory default, I think that's the preferred method. https://youtu.be/2O9rHs1o4ls

Hello, I also have the exact same problem. Sometimes the mic pairs on its own but on most days, the mic won't connect no matter what I do. Just like this video, when I connect DJI pocket 2 with do it all handle and turn on the mic, the mic shows a continuous green light but there's no signal on the mic being connected on the screen. I have tested by recording a video but yes, the mic seems to be out of order. Please help. I am from India and I am getting no support here at all.
2021-7-27
Use props
Aclysm
lvl.1
United States

Never got resolved.
2021-7-27
Use props
Aclysm
lvl.1
United States

Never got resolved.
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_r8racjs4tBHG
New

United States

I just bought a Dji Pocket 2 and have same issue with the mic.
Any update how to connect it?
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_rX2bB5ltyabL
New

Canada

Dji is useless. Will never buy dji again
2022-6-9
Use props
kadavila
New

United States

I also cannot pair one of my transmitters after the firmware update. This was very vexing during yesterday's work recording, which is why I bought this in the first place
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_ofpbSXRuLH9s
New

India

i am also not able to connect my mic since i bought it on - Jul 2022 . Seems like DJI not listening to their customer.
2022-7-29
Use props
krich7
lvl.1
United States

This seems to be an inevitable failure for the creator combo. Mine worked great for a short period of time and then the wireless mic just wouldn't connect. Mic indicates it is however the camera does not and simply records through the onboard mic. I have tried emailing but just get a long list of commands to attempt, all methods I have tried. Check pocket 2 firmware, check handle firmware, check mic firmware (not possible as it won't connect. They did offer for me to send back for testing but it requires sending my camera, handle and mic. I need the camera to film and haven't yet sent it back. Deeply frustrated with this situation.
2022-12-9
Use props
MikeyB4
lvl.1
Australia

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. I too share this problem. The wireless mic transmitter refuses to pair with the pocket 2 camera via the do-it-all handle. Green light on the transmitter is solid and only blinks when the camera is turned off. No matter what I do, it will not pair. Is the handle, the transmitter or the camera the problem? Very disappointed. Any suggestions or ideas would be great, thanks.   
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_Gc51ssc1pnAs
New
United Kingdom

I’ve been asked to do a wedding film and photography, I have a pocket 2 with the wireless handle, I want to know how many microphones and transmitters, I can connect to it as I need 3 one on the groom, another on the bride and another on the reverend / priest who’s doing the service.

Would I have to connect a third party set with more microphones or can I buy x3 DJI microphone transmitters and have them all work at once?
2023-1-1
Use props
FrancisCandiyey
New

Philippines

I have the same problem as the video just happened today! what should we do??
2023-1-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_Gc51ssc1pnAs Posted at 1-1 09:04
I’ve been asked to do a wedding film and photography, I have a pocket 2 with the wireless handle, I want to know how many microphones and transmitters, I can connect to it as I need 3 one on the groom, another on the bride and another on the reverend / priest who’s doing the service.

Would I have to connect a third party set with more microphones or can I buy x3 DJI microphone transmitters and have them all work at once?

Unfortunately, you can only connect one wireless transmitter to the Do-It-All Handle at a time (when we're talking about the transmitter designed for the DJI Pocket 2's DIA Handle). You could connect a third-party wireless microphone receiver to the Pocket 2 using either the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm audio to USB-C adapter or the DIA Handle with a 3,5mm audio cable.

I myself own both the Pocket 2 Creator Combo and the DJI Mic. If I were in the same situation, I'd probably use the Pocket 2's own mic with the DIA Handle, then use the DJI Mic's two transmitters as either microphones connected to an external audio recorder, or as separate audio recorders (they can both transmit and record audio) and synchronize/combine them in the post-processing. But you could invent a better way with possibly more suitable devices.
2023-1-30
Use props
fans5db4c387
New
United States

I just got my mic today and when I turn it in and press the pair button the light will not speed blink and the device will not enter pairing mode. The light stays at a constant slow blink. Any recommendations? I need it for tomorrow.
2023-3-8
Use props
fans5db4c387
New
United States

I just got my mic today and when I turn it in and press the pair button the light will not speed blink and the device will not enter pairing mode. The light stays at a constant slow blink. Any recommendations? I need it for tomorrow.
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_RRcq0SjXwJ6V
New
Bermuda

I am having the same problem with timing out when I’m trying to pair my DJI mini three pro with the DJI RC.

I have updated the firmware on the drone andDJI RC and  I’m still having the issue with pairing. It keeps timing out.

Nobody is mentioning a solution for this issue on the forum yet?

This is brand new out of the box today purchase both items together??

Both the drone and DJIRC are fully charged. I have looked on YouTube &  forums and no one has mentioned how to resolve this issue.
2023-3-22
Use props
spdzo
New

Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-11-13 02:05
Hello there Aclysm. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with the connection of the Wireless Microphone and to the DJI Pocket 2. For us to isolate and check we can undergo the following troubleshooting methods below:

1. Please restart the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle and DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, and try linking again (Linking method: Linking DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter with DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle).

i have this effin epidemic on mics, i conclude that the mic is faulty since i have 2 unit of creator combo and it wont connect to the other pocket2 as well. so what to do now?
3-23 07:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

spdzo Posted at 3-23 07:41
i have this effin epidemic on mics, i conclude that the mic is faulty since i have 2 unit of creator combo and it wont connect to the other pocket2 as well. so what to do now?

Hi, spdzo. If the issue persists after following the steps above, in this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
3-25 02:48
Use props
djiuser_hXHXqEjUlm5u
New
Curaçao

I have had the pocket 2 since it first came out. But mine has only just developed this exact same issue.

The mic turns on and lights up (static green) but refuses to pair. I cannot seem to get it work, urned ofd both units, back on again, I've drained the battery in both  recharged them fully. Hell I've even tried pairing them out in the countryside to ensure its not connected to another device. But it simply won't work!!

Was there ever a fix for this? Do I have to send it back and how much will that cost?
3-31 10:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules