Second Mavic Air will not activate through DJI Go 4 app
880 2 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tommyXC90
lvl.1

United States

Purchased a second hand Mavic Air. This had a bad gimbal but good camera. Installed DJI GO 4 app on iOS. Was able to connect through Wifi and RC without issues. Can view the camera through app without issues. No flying or take offs. Fully charged batteries and RC. Ordered replacement gimbal with camera and gimbal. Replaced parts. Opened App and it asked for an activation. Attempted activation but was given "The device being connected to is not the one being activated. Please connect to a genuine DJI device." Installed DJI assistant 2 for MAC. Software could not recognize the Mavic Air. Suggested (from DJI forum) to install earlier version. Install earlier version. Mavic Air now seen on MAC. Updated firmware for Mavic Air and restarted the drone. Attempted to connect to MA through DG4 app. Again asked to Activate. Attempted the activation while connected to drone Wifi. Still getting the same message. Uninstalled App and restarted phone. Downloaded once more the DG4 app. Attempted activation. Successfull! After few minutes the app asked for activation again. Odd. Attempted again and same error message. I don't get it. I have tried through RC connection for activation and drone Wifi and both are not activating and cannot even access the camera as it once did prior to the replacement gimbal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also searched the forums for these activations problems but have not found a solution to my certain events.
2020-11-12
Use props
tommyXC90
lvl.1

United States

ADDED NOTE: The gimbal signal line was torn during a crash prior to me purchasing the drone.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there tommyXC90. Thank you for reaching and I am sorry to read and to know that you've encountered this kind of issue on your DJI Mavic Air. To clarify the information provided, by means replaced the parts, you had self repaired the drone? If yes, my apologies, we don't recommend for the unit being modified or self-repairing it since there are possibilities that may be the root cause of this issue. In this case, I would suggest for the unit to be sent to our official service center for a proper diagnosis and for us to know what is the root cause of the issue. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules