Need Advice On Upgrade from Mini with broken controller to Mini 2
456 1 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RingoStarrPower
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2701270 ft
United States

Hello! This is my first post, I hope that I am posting in the correct location. I will be as brief as possible. 3 weeks ago I purchased my Mavic Mini fly more combo and the extended care package. I named the drone Howard. Shortly after my purchase, the Mini 2 was released. I was planning on returning Howard to the third party online retailer that I purchased him from and then upgrading. Before I got around to it, I ran into a problem. The USB port on the controller stopped working gradually. Out of the box, Howard's controller was a pain to plug in and gradually got worse until it became impossible to plug in a usb cable to charge it. A new controller is not covered by the extended care package, and I cannot return Howard with a non-functioning controller. I checked out the trade-up value from DJI and do not plan on going that route. I can purchase a new controller from the same retailer that sold me Howard, but it is a bit expensive and it is unclear to me if I am required to make the return with the original controller. I have not contacted support yet, but I am planning on doing that immediately after posting this thread. I have until January 31st 2021 to return Howard and his accessories to Amazon for a full refund. I am not sure what to do or if the defective controller was my fault or a manufacturing defect. I will be forever grateful if anyone here can point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance and it is great to now be part of the community.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Mavic mini remote controller, you may try a different USB cable, if the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service, we'll do our best to help this out.
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules