DJI RSC2 and Nikon Z6 II compatibility
6468 7 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

Got a brand new Nikon Z 6II two days ago and the RSC 2 yesterday.

Although USB-C cable  connection does indicate on the RSC that a camera is plugged in, the controls do  not work properly with the Nikon Z 6II.

Example: in the Ronin iOS app it shows  the camera's aperture, iso and shutter speed, the app user interface even lets it change it.

But it does not change on the Z6II.

Once for a couple of minutes I was also able to change the camera ISO with  the RSC‘s index finger wheel, but without changing anything this stopped  working.

So very poor experience overall. Will have to operate the Z6II manually / directly for now. Hoping for a firmware update very soon.

Anyone else got any experience with this combination?

2020-11-13
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Poor experience? Did you check the compatibility list before setting out in using this pairing?

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility

I knew it would not work going into it so I held on to one Z6 so I could use it on jobs.
2020-11-13
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

You're 100% right, I am using two products which are not specified as compatible (yet).

I am not using the gimbal professionally, so I will wait it out hoping / expecting for firmware update.

In the meantime, I use it as an advanced tripod.

For still photos, I have the same issue with Capture One photo editing software, whic does not yet read the Z 6II's RAW .NEF-files.
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_W7P3X8XUmg53
lvl.1
Germany

bastosboi Posted at 11-13 22:14
You're 100% right, I am using two products which are not specified as compatible (yet).

I am not using the gimbal professionally, so I will wait it out hoping / expecting for firmware update.

Just got the RS2 and have the same problem like yours. I can take pictures with the gimbal, but can't start recording. Hope the new firmware will come soon.
Cheers
2020-11-21
Use props
Roc Doc
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I also have a problem, nikon z6ii, ronin sc2, both fresh out of the box. Plug in usb-c cable to rss and to camera. Set disp lever to movie, set mode to P, turn on camera. Red button on gimbal does not auto focus, does not start or stop video. It does take a snapshot if pressed and held. The movie monitor rec icon has a line through it. No explanation in nikon online manual, just 'cannot record movie'. If I unplug cable from camera, I can record from camera movie button, reconnect cable and 'no record' icon appears. Just about fed up enough to send the gimbal back ! I am wondering if this problem is because the Nikon Z6II is a new model. And if so, when DJI will release a firmware update for the Nikon Z6II and Z7II.
2020-11-22
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

... double post
2020-11-26
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Germany

Roc Doc Posted at 11-22 16:18
I also have a problem, nikon z6ii, ronin sc2, both fresh out of the box. Plug in usb-c cable to rss and to camera. Set disp lever to movie, set mode to P, turn on camera. Red button on gimbal does not auto focus, does not start or stop video. It does take a snapshot if pressed and held. The movie monitor rec icon has a line through it. No explanation in nikon online manual, just 'cannot record movie'. If I unplug cable from camera, I can record from camera movie button, reconnect cable and 'no record' icon appears. Just about fed up enough to send the gimbal back ! I am wondering if this problem is because the Nikon Z6II is a new model. And if so, when DJI will release a firmware update for the Nikon Z6II and Z7II.

Firmware update released today with Nikon Z6 II support!!

I  have installed the new firmware on my RSC2 and the update was  successful, was confirmed by the Ronin app. Also the display on the  gimbal shows the latest version has been installed.

However, the announced Nikon Z6 II support does not work for me.

- My Z6 II does not get recognized by the gimbal.

- The camera icon does not show up on the gimbal display.
- None of the RSC2 controls work (record button, index finger wheel etc.)

I have used the supplied DJI USB-C to USB-C cable for connection.

Before the firmware update, at least the camera got recognized. Now, nothing at all.

I have restarted both the Nikon Z6II and the DJI RSC2 gimbal. The iOS app I've restarted also.

If you have the time, you can try it out and let us know if it works for you?
2020-11-26
Use props
RocDoc
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I have updated the firmware on my gimbal. I turned off the gimbal and the smartphone Ronin application.
I am using a Samsung S7 Android phone on the phone mount. I also am using a Samsung Note20 for remote.
When I restarted the first time, the smartphone application hung while connecting to my gimbal. I turned gimbal and smartphone application off again.
I restarted the mobile phone. I turned on the gimbal first, and waited for the menu to show. Then I turned on the smartphone and started the ronin application.
The application connected to the gimbal in less than 5 seconds.
The gimbal now works in every respect. Camera movement, start record, stop record, snapshot. All gimbal menu options that I have tried work correctly.
I now have to connect raveneye and focus motor (for zoom) and test those.
I am pleased with the firmware update, which has fixed the problems I had with the RSC2 gimbal.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules