8283 15 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We’re seeing different issues being reported with RavenEye but they’re getting lumped up into one issue. There are different solutions for each so let me explain.

Issue #1
Disconnects shortly after establishing a connection.

This is a result of the country code parameter not being passed properly to RavenEye. Why do we need the country code? RavenEye’s output power is based on two types of certifications: FCC and CE. We will establish each time you connect what type of power to output based on the country RavenEye is being used in. This is to stay within the legal limits of the power output.

We do this by getting your GPS location. This means you must allow location settings for the Ronin app. If we cannot get a GPS location, we can get a country code from your phone’s SIM card.

If you still cannot connect by heading outdoors to establish a GPS connection or you’ve removed your SIM card, you can wait for a new app update. This user experience will be fixed in an upcoming app release (probably during the week of November 16-20).

Issue #2
You get flashing lights and establish a connection and get a notice for firmware.

You’ve gone into the loader state for RavenEye meaning the firmware has been erased and wiped from the system. You’ll get a message to update firmware but this is not actually updating firmware. You’re just re-installing firmware on RavenEye.

Issue #3
Inputting the unique WiFi password and can’t connect.

Some letters and numbers can be confusing. Example: an uppercase I or the number 1 can be confused for a lower case L or the letter O can be confused for the number zero. Try multiple versions to establish a connection.

We will optimize this user experience in our next firmware.

Issue #4
No lights, can’t connect.

Make sure the system is charged. Try pressing and holding the button for 15 seconds to force shutdown and restart. If still no response, this is a bricked unit. You need to contact customer support.

2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

Thanks for following up on this!

I have just received my RSC 2 Pro Combo today, and I am facing the exact same issue. Additionally, I also have a problem because now that I've been trying to get it to work, my RavenEye does not want to shut off. I tried forcing shut down by holding the power button for 10 and 15 seconds, but at about 6 seconds, the Raveneye automatically reboots. It goes from only 3 white LEDs flashing, to then reboot and have a red LED + 3 white LEDs blinking. I guess it will shut down once it runs out of battery.
In addition, I managed to connect my mobile phone the first time, but now my phone cannot even find the WiFi signal, while my iPad is able to detect the RavenEye WiFi.

Looking forward to this firmware update. Hope it fixes the issue!

2020-11-13
Use props
Corsair2814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40144 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have mounted my A7S III on the RS 2 and cabled it to use force mobile, HDMI cable from camera to Raveneye, camera control cable to top gimbal port, power/comm port connected to the bottom gimbal port.  I continue to get the following error message when I swipe down on the gimbal screen:

I can control the gimbal with my phone but I have not  image on the screen.  The Wifi does not turn from blue to green, I am sure this is the issue but I don't understand why it won't connect.

Thanks
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

Any update about when we can expect the new firmware to release?
2020-11-18
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

I am still facing issues. What can I do to factory reset the device? Basically I want to re-create Issue #2.
I updated firmware of the DJI RSC 2, but I cannot update the firmware of the RavenEye.
2020-12-14
Use props
ImproveWithJoe
lvl.2
United States

I am still getting the same issue as well for the DJI RS2 and DJI support is useless to help troubleshoot or even just talk about it.
2020-12-15
Use props
may.g
New
France

Hi, I'm facing the "can't anymore find raveneye's wifi problem" and tried anything I found on this forum to try and fix it, but it still doesn't work and I still have my three dots blinking...

SO, is it possible to reinstall firmware via the RS2 or directly by plugin it on a computer ? Would be very helpfull... just saying...
2020-12-18
Use props
julian_rsc2
lvl.1

Germany

I had the same problem, my phone cannot see the RaveEye WiFi and just blinks.I tested 2 different phones, one LG V30 Moto G4. Both do not see the RavenEye network - but with my windows notebook I saw it.
Finally with a LG V40 I was able to connect to the RavenEye.
After beein able to connet to RaveEye first I updated the firmware. (This did not make my usual phone see the Wifi.)
On the other phone I selected the gear symbol in the RavenEye view and switched to the 2.4G network (instead of 5G).
Now - immediately- I can connect to RaveEye with my usual phone.
2020-12-29
Use props
Giulian76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886608 ft
Italy

Hi guys, maybe this can help! :-)

2021-1-4
Use props
abdelatoutcourt
New

Togo

Hi i juste have my RS2 the pro version and my RevenEyes dont spot flashing.....
i need your help i try to off it, but off or not the light continous to flash.the video
2021-4-11
Use props
abdelatoutcourt
New

Togo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H2KKoNAHT81izMmd9
2021-4-11
Use props
PsionicAL
lvl.2
Greece

I also have the same issue..
At the beginning my phone was not able to communicate with RavenEye...
After i tried with another phone, i successfully make it to communicate with the RavenEye and i changed the Wifi band from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz....!!
From that point and for some days i was able to communicate with the RavenEye from both phones..!
BUT
- after some days neither phones or my tablet can communicate with RavenEye!! Its not even visible from Wifi....!!!!   
- The message on the gimbal from scrolling of the top is "RavenEye not connecting with gimbal or camera HDMI port".....
... I use the latest firmware on the RS2..
2021-4-11
Use props
Ali Hesham
New
Egypt

Please I have a problem with RavenEye not showing up in my WiFi !!
The device is new, I bought two days ago 12-22-2021
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_WP0SM2s8VpI1
New
Cyprus

Ali Hesham Posted at 2021-12-23 16:24
Please I have a problem with RavenEye not showing up in my WiFi !!
The device is new, I bought two days ago 12-22-2021

Same problem here. After unboxing, RavenEye worked and connected well to the app. At some moment the app said smth like "I need to disconnect to complete an update". I agreed and from since this moment the RavenEye is not available for connection anymore. It's SSID isn't in the network list neither in 5 GHz nor in 2.4 GHz. Now waiting what the support will tell me to do.
2022-1-1
Use props
abdelatoutcourt
New

Togo

Issue 2

How to reinstal the firmware?
2022-6-5
Use props
Tom Fry
New

Poland

PsionicAL Posted at 2021-4-11 13:08
I also have the same issue..
At the beginning my phone was not able to communicate with RavenEye...
After i tried with another phone, i successfully make it to communicate with the RavenEye and i changed the Wifi band from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz....!!

The same here.

Ronin RS2 + Sony A7III + Iphone 12 Pro / Iphone 11

1. Couldn't get the Raven Eye to work with my Iphone ..
2. so I borrowed a Samsung phone, got it to work, changed the WIFI frequency to 2,4 GHz..
3. Raven Eye started working with Iphone..
4. Next day it stopped again. The LED on Raven Eye is blue but the Iphone doesn't list it on the available WIFI network list.

Sometimes before it turns blue, the light is off for quite a long time.

What can I do ?!?!??! Can this be fixed or should I return my Raven Eye?
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules