Does it stream? Yes! Mobile Livestream Test :)
1131 18 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

Using Mimo App, Samsung s10+, Lavalier Microphone and internal Mics
Streamed in 720p / 2Mbit

It works!
2020-11-13
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool, does the phone need to be plugged into pocket 2 for it to work?
2020-11-13
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

Blellow Posted at 11-13 06:01
Cool, does the phone need to be plugged into pocket 2 for it to work?
Hell No. Completly wireless
2020-11-13
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wow. so awesome. I will retry it again. Thank you.
2020-11-13
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

Let us know if you need any help
2020-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive test.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-11-13
Use props
djiuser_FMyPWHWhxL0T
New
Norway

How did you do that? Can you give a step by step? Have the pocket 2 and I was told right now by the support that it's not supported by pocket 2. I get the error "settings not saved" when trying to livestream
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there CarpeYT, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the video you have shared. This is a helpful video for everyone. Nice video you got there. Keep up the good work. Thank you for your support.  
2020-11-13
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_FMyPWHWhxL0T Posted at 11-13 07:33
How did you do that? Can you give a step by step? Have the pocket 2 and I was told right now by the support that it's not supported by pocket 2. I get the error "settings not saved" when trying to livestream

Do not use the youtube button in mimo app for going live. You want to do a stream by rtmp.
2020-11-13
Use props
TommyBento
lvl.3
United States

CarpeYT Posted at 11-13 09:47
Do not use the youtube button in mimo app for going live. You want to do a stream by rtmp.

Rtmp would need a unique address correct? Would you log into your YouTube Chanel via a mobile browser and set up livestream then copy the address into the mimo app? Any chance you can write a technical step by step as others will benefit in the future?
2020-11-16
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

I hate writing in english. Greetings from Germany... Lets have a try... ^^
My steps:
Use your Desktop PC and jump into your Youtube Studio...Livestream Section. You want to do all of your settings now and here! (Thumbnail, under 18 or 18+, chat on or off, listed or private, titel, discription, and so on... Later you cant change settings in MimoApp. You will start the Stream with these settings). Save the settings on this page by klicking in the top right i think.)

Now copy the rtmp link and the streamKey from this site. I paste it as an email adressed to myself.
rtmp and streamkey without any spaces in one line, like this:
rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
(You only have to put a "/" between rtmp link and streamkey)

Send this email to yourself. Done! You only have to do this once, till you change your streamkey one day.

Open up your MimoApp on your phone. Connect the Pocket 2 with handle to your phone. When you see camera is working klick on livestream in MimoApp. Klick on RTMP...third button...grey i think. Switch to your Mail App and copy the line "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" from your Email. Paste it into Mimo app.
Open a mobile hotspot with your phone. Connect to this hotspot manual (hotspotname of your phone and your hotspot password) and start the stream.

Stream should be live now!

2020-11-16
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

Extras:

Let MimoApp run in background on your phone and switch to youtube app. Go on your youtube channel and look at your own livestream.
To save data i pause the stream, but still able to see the livechat. To stop the Stream, switch back into MimoApp and stop it.

CAUTION! After starting the Livestream, you are able to connect the wireless Mic with the handle. BUT: You only should connect it while the stream is live. It works very well, but at this point you connected the mic, you wont be able to switch back to MimoApp! Pocket 2 can handle one connection only. No problem at all...to stop the Livestream: Just turn off the Pocket. People will see a lag for one minutes i guess...then Youtube shut down the stream.

omg...my head...any questions? ^^
2020-11-16
Use props
TommyBento
lvl.3
United States

CarpeYT Posted at 11-16 08:45
Extras:

Let MimoApp run in background on your phone and switch to youtube app. Go on your youtube channel and look at your own livestream.

Well I was able to verify this works and I’m
Grateful that you took the time to explain every step in detail. Should make this a sticky at top considering no one is talking about such a great feature.
2020-11-16
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

TommyBento Posted at 11-16 10:17
Well I was able to verify this works and I’m
Grateful that you took the time to explain every step in detail. Should make this a sticky at top considering no one is talking about such a great feature.

Works? Yezzz! Was hoping, my words make any sense
2020-11-16
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for explaining.  I just wish it was way less steps for live streaming.
2020-11-16
Use props
CarpeYT
lvl.2
Germany

Blellow Posted at 11-16 14:04

You are welcome. Guess DJI wanted to. There is a button directly for Youtube. Probably it's an issue of this sucking under 18 and over 18 setting on youtube. When you try to stream directly per yt button in MimoApp, you cant choose between these new settings.

But glad to see, that most of the steps by using this rtmp workaround must done once.
2020-11-16
Use props
TommyBento
lvl.3
United States

Blellow Posted at 11-16 14:04

remember, once you set it up on youtube, you dont have to do anything but connect to your wifi and hit stream. I love the way he explained every step and gave a example of how to use the youtube app to communicate with chat, even explains he pauses video and can still chat !
2020-11-17
Use props
lainepet
lvl.1

Finland

Can You use the wireless mic when live streaming? I tried it with Facebook and found a problem. You should use 5GHz wifi with wireless mic, but it does not seem to work with me. I allways get a connection error when trying to connect any 5GHz wifi. 2.4Ghz works fine.
2020-11-29
Use props
ShayBaker
New

United States

Would this be possible to do with Streamlabs OBS for twitch live stream?
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules