Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a test with my MA2 and MM, both on the FlyApp 1.2.0.

Not sure if the messages top screen dissapear but something else happend....

HOPE THAT DJI WILL CHANGE THIS IN THEIR SOFTWARE!

I was flying low and getting lower along a down-slope, and ofcourse an autolanding ; low and down stick = autolanding.
This while i was flying with forward speed. No intention to land my MM, but DJI software things different!!

Its so easy to change this, add a speed threshold for autolanding, if flying above this value than ask the pilot for landing conformation.

cheers
JJB

2020-11-13
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Yea, that would be a nice change.  I don't normally fly that low, but certainly a problem if you do.
2020-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea JJB.  Let's see if DJI adopts it.
2020-11-13
Use props
Francoisd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

Hi,
It i a great idea and it would be great if it could be added to the MM.
I can't remember the last time Dji added a user requirement to the mini !
2020-11-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Francoisd Posted at 11-13 08:08
Hi,
It i a great idea and it would be great if it could be added to the MM.
I can't remember the last time Dji added a user requirement to the mini !

It is not only a great idea,  some forum members lost their drone  being not aware that autolanding was busy....

Same for autolanding due to fog on the sensor flying high altitude....

So not only with speed a pop-up message, but flying > 20 meters baro height too.

cheers
JJB
2020-11-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That would be scary if flying low over water. I have flown the M2 frequently quite low to the ground with ADAS on and never had this
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi JJB, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the video you have shared. This is a good test to check the Autolanding feature. Just to give you an idea. A new version of Flyapp has been released. Version 1.2.1,

What's new:
- Fixed issue: "Weak signal. Adjust antennas" pop-up message did not disappear automatically when using Mavic Mini.
- Fixed some issue and optimizes overall app quality.

Kindly update your DJI Fly app if it is available from the App Store and Google Play. Although it is not yet 100% rolled out in each regions please check from time to time if the update is available already. Let us know if any issue arise so that we can further assist you. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-13
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good idea!
2020-11-13
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-13 13:32
Hi JJB, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate the video you have shared. This is a good test to check the Autolanding feature. Just to give you an idea. A new version of Flyapp has been released. Version 1.2.1,

What's new:

Another answer next to it
2020-11-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

What's new:

Hi Paladin,

I do not understand your reaction at all.

It is ofcourse not a good check for this type of Autolanding!
I, and  many others, do not want an autolanding while flying with forward speed and stick down!

My video shows an unwanted Autolanding!.
I will check this in the latest version, but reading your text i am sure this 'feature' still exists.
So take it back to the software designers and do change this in your FlyApp software.

cheers
JJB
2020-11-14
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

What's new:

This is not a Feature but a FLAW, the mini should not auto land while flying low to the ground while moving forward. Why would that be a good idea to land if the drone is moving? Please have your engineers review this MISTAKE!
2020-11-14
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

Thinking about this a little bit I thought of a possible bug that could be going on, It's suppose to AutoLand when Left Stick is Held for 5 seconds and within X distance to the ground. I haven't tested this but Could it be detecting that Any Stick held for 5 seconds while you are within Landing Distance. If I fly to the left for 5 seconds while being within the landing distance and see if it triggers the Auto Land function, if indeed that's the case DJI needs to Detect which Stick is being held down instead of looking for just the combination.

I'm going to try and test this later.
2020-11-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update the app to 1.2.1
2020-11-14
Use props
fanse39fc2b6
lvl.2
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-14 03:45
This is not a Feature but a FLAW, the mini should not auto land while flying low to the ground while moving forward. Why would that be a good idea to land if the drone is moving? Please have your engineers review this MISTAKE!

I agree, I use the mini as a leafblower on my long driveway so autolanding is a pain.

Maybe I need to get a bigger leaf blower.  Does anyone know how well the Air 2 does?
2020-11-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-14 04:19
Thinking about this a little bit I thought of a possible bug that could be going on, It's suppose to AutoLand when Left Stick is Held for 5 seconds and within X distance to the ground. I haven't tested this but Could it be detecting that Any Stick held for 5 seconds while you are within Landing Distance. If I fly to the left for 5 seconds while being within the landing distance and see if it triggers the Auto Land function, if indeed that's the case DJI needs to Detect which Stick is being held down instead of looking for just the combination.

I'm going to try and test this later.

The idea about autoland function is to bring the craft slowly from hover at 0.5 meter to a safe smooth landing.

So it it is triggered when craft is at 0.5-0.6 meter VPS height and after less than second delay time for > 85-90% stick down.

I have tested this many times, in the GoApp and FlyApp is it the same behaviour. (not tested FlyApp 1.2.1 yet)

BUT this autoland feature does work too with speed (never mind the direction...)  and it does work also when the VPS height sensor is measuring 0.5 while flying high heights, this due to fog on the sensor or any other reason.  

So i think DJI should change this feature, only works without a conformation while hovering low to land. In any other situation show a pop up message to confirm entering an autoland.

cheers
JJB

2020-11-14
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

On my opinion, you did fly at the minimum height, the position sensors didn't detect the small new difference at the "sand descent" ,, so when you triggered down to set the Mini to the same angle it thought that you wanted to land ... try make this waiting a little bit after the descent so the sensors are able of grab the new real height
2020-11-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 11-14 08:04
On my opinion, you did fly at the minimum height, the position sensors didn't detect the small new difference at the "sand descent" ,, so when you triggered down to set the Mini to the same angle it thought that you wanted to land ... try make this waiting a little bit after the descent so the sensors are able of grab the new real height

Hi,

you are right, but that is not the issue.

If i want to fly donwhill at 0.5 meter, so RC UpDown stick down....it will automatically enter an autolanding.
Even when i fly 4 m/s forward speed down hill...but i like to fly not to land.
As said, some forum users lost their craft    bc  craft entered a autolanding of wich they were not aware!
If i fly with forward speed at 20 meters baro height just over a flat roof building and lower the craft AND vps height is measuring short moment 0.5 meter, oops  i am into an autolanding.....

Flying high baro height and bottom sensor measures 0.5 meter (due to error or fog or...), i am into autolanding when i push down stick...
etct etc, so its a great feature but should only work if i am hovering (no speed) in front of me at 0.5 meter to land smoothly my craft.

cheers
JJB

2020-11-14
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-14 06:51
The idea about autoland function is to bring the craft slowly from hover at 0.5 meter to a safe smooth landing.

So it it is triggered when craft is at 0.5-0.6 meter VPS height and after less than second delay time for > 85-90% stick down.

I went out to test my idea and sure enough... nothing. Though I can re-create the auto land regardless of direction of movement. If it's within VPS distance and Left Stick is held down it will AutoLand regardless of movement.

A prompt that AutoLand has begun that you would have to press to cancel is a good solution, it does Alert you that It's begun to AutoLand but if you don't have your device volume turned up I can see how many have lost there drone to this.

I feel like another solution is to give us the option in the advance section to Disable the AutoLand function so we can fly as low as we like, like JJB* has said fly down a hill without the drone trying to land.

1.2.1 FlyApp

2020-11-14
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

do you mean that you can't fly on -xxx meter? did you try to make this with Litchi ?
2020-11-15
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

@DJI

2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_wEFrrhqQmtTA
New

Hungary

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 11-15 03:57
do you mean that you can't fly on -xxx meter? did you try to make this with Litchi ?

I just bought a Mini, can you tell me more about the autoland feature?
And basically can somebody summerize the different kinds of automatic self-destruct programs which are in this drone?

I know it will be a great drone, but I just want to be familiar with its features.
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules