2195 11 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hartmand3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693494 ft
Canada

Hello,

I posted about this in the .500 firmware update thread but have yet to have a response from anyone at DJI. My Inspire 2 and X5S are not working and any attempt to refresh/update/downgrade firmware fails over and over in both DJI GO4 and DJI Assistant 2. Now when I connect drone, app, and aircraft I cannot see anything from the camera and I get these warnings:

"Camera sensor error"
"Hardware Malfunction"

Here are the current firmware and app versions:

App: 4.3.38
Aircraft: 1.02.0500
Remote: 01.01.060
Camera: 01.09.22.22

Here is how this problem came to be:

Jumping onto this anti .500 firmware train. I'll do my best to explain the chain of events that have led to my current predicament in hopes that someone can help me figure this out before the weekend when I have a gig I need my I2 working for:

1) During a flight last week I got a message that I had to calibrate the vision sensor system so I did so today in the DJI assistant 2. Failed first time, got it the second time.
2) While in the desktop app I either got a message saying I had inconsistent firmware or for some dumb reason I just decided to upgrade to .500
3) It seemed that the firmware upgrade failed at the 99% mark that time (can't quite remember) or it was successful, but now it says I am running .500 AND it is also giving me the option to upgrade to .500 (confusing)
4) When I disconnected from the computer and turned on my I2, remote, and DJI GO4 from my iPad Pro I got an 'incompatible firmware' message and so I upgraded. This update failed (numerous times now) and now I have an error message saying "Camera Sensor Problem" as well as "Hardware Malfunction. Please send to F*##ing DJI"
5) I have tried 'Refreshing' firmware in the desktop app numerous time to have it fail over and over with a 0x02c103 Error and have had it fail numerous time form the DJI Go4 app as well
6) I have tried downgrading the .004 in the desktop app to have it fail as well
7) I've tried a different set of batteries, taking the gimbal off and putting it in and out of travel mode, turning everything (including apps) on and off numerous times. iPad has most recent software and DJI GO4 version

Not sure what to do at this point as I'm stuck between versions it seems and now have some hardware malfunction. Any ideas or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I just really don't have time or desire to send this thing to DJI. DJI you need to respond to this kind of problem. Your firmware ruined my drone. I'm a cinematographer and have a lot of expensive gear. If you want to sell things at this price you need to learn how to provide product support beyond just fucking send it to DJI and pay a huge bill.

Thanks!

David

2020-11-13
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Downgrade to 400 firmware via DJI assistant 2, the issue will be sorted out.
2020-11-13
Use props
hartmand3
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the firmware downgrade to .400 fails repeatedly in DJI Assistant 2.
2020-11-16
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

Send a mail to support@dji.com instead of posting at the forum. I think it will be easier to get a response then. You'll get a support ticket number then, and can refer to that in future contacts with DJI.
Hope your issue will be solved!

Cheers,
2020-11-17
Use props
jerrymatt
lvl.1

India

What to Do If Computer is not Responding to Anything?

Has your computer suddenly stop responding while accessing or opening any program? Then you don’t need to worry as it is one of the most common issues that every computer user faces once in a while performing any important task. There are several reasons behind the not responding issue of your computer that you can easily fix with the help of simple troubleshooting steps.

Quick Steps to Fix If Your Computer is not Responding:

Update your OS: Make sure that you have the latest OS on your computer because using an older OS may also cause plenty of issues. Installing the latest OS on your computer contains lots of features and bug fixes.

Uninstall unwanted programs: Uninstall the unwanted applications or programs from your computer that can help you to fix the not responding issue of a computer.

Check for virus or malware: Sometimes virus or malware also cause the not responding issue of computer and then you should scan your computer with an antivirus program to fix this problem.

Close the unwanted program: Close the programs running in your computer’s background that could be another reason behind the not responding issue of the computer. You can use task manager to close the unwanted programs.

If you are still facing the not responding issue with your computer, then you should contact the Computer Technical Support team which is the best way to fix this problem in a very simple manner. The team of support will provide reliable solutions to resolve all sorts of issues related to your computer whenever you contact them.
2020-11-20
Use props
Eddie8620
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2440007 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing has happened to me today. Were you able to resolve it?
2020-12-22
Use props
hartmand3
lvl.1
Canada

I've ended up sending it to DJI in California. Reverting and re-installing firmware didn't work - and I tried ten times at least - so I decided to send it off. They're diagnosing it in the next couple days so I should have some clarity. Mine is out of warranty and I was very persistent with the repair rep telling them that they created this problem and they should pay to ship it and fix it. They agreed to pay return shipping but said I'll have to cover the repair. Once they diagnose I am going to be very adamant that they should pay for the repair if it's anything substantial. Perhaps as more of us report this issue they will get the message, though I doubt that. Good luck, this whole thing has been a real pain in the ass and I look forward to the time when other companies with real professional service are able to sell us a comparable drone.
2020-12-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hartmand3 Posted at 12-23 06:47
I've ended up sending it to DJI in California. Reverting and re-installing firmware didn't work - and I tried ten times at least - so I decided to send it off. They're diagnosing it in the next couple days so I should have some clarity. Mine is out of warranty and I was very persistent with the repair rep telling them that they created this problem and they should pay to ship it and fix it. They agreed to pay return shipping but said I'll have to cover the repair. Once they diagnose I am going to be very adamant that they should pay for the repair if it's anything substantial. Perhaps as more of us report this issue they will get the message, though I doubt that. Good luck, this whole thing has been a real pain in the ass and I look forward to the time when other companies with real professional service are able to sell us a comparable drone.

Although frustrating, this is not a common issue. Most of the time reverting .0500 to .0400 via Assistant works. Some "victims" reported success using 3rd party No Limit Dronez app to downgrade when Assistant intervention failed.nolimitdronez.comnolimitdronez.com
2020-12-23
Use props
hartmand3
lvl.1
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2020-12-23 11:54
Although frustrating, this is not a common issue. Most of the time reverting .0500 to .0400 via Assistant works. Some "victims" reported success using 3rd party No Limit Dronez app to downgrade when Assistant intervention failed.nolimitdronez.comnolimitdronez.com

Update for anyone encountering this problem. Reverting back to .400 did NOT work and was attempted multiple times by both me and a certified DJI repair centre. I sent the drone in and they charged me an arm and a leg to replace the Camera Board Module. If you're still under warranty they would likely do this for free.

Now that I have it back I have a new problem. I've reached out to DJI about it but I thought I would check here to see if I can get the answer quicker. Neither EI mode or RAW photo modes are available to me in DJI GO4 App. I have formatted both SSD and SD, taken out the SD, and re-installed DJI GO4. Any ideas? Is this somehow an SSD firmware thing? I made sure my ProRes activation is still intact.

Also, I let them replace the plastic shell/cover on my remote, which has only minor cosmetic damage, and now it has a very loud fan noise whenever it is on. Has anyone encountered this?

I really am starting to hate this company. Thanks for you help with this for anyone who can provide answers to these problems.
2021-2-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hartmand3 Posted at 2-27 11:03
Update for anyone encountering this problem. Reverting back to .400 did NOT work and was attempted multiple times by both me and a certified DJI repair centre. I sent the drone in and they charged me an arm and a leg to replace the Camera Board Module. If you're still under warranty they would likely do this for free.

Now that I have it back I have a new problem. I've reached out to DJI about it but I thought I would check here to see if I can get the answer quicker. Neither EI mode or RAW photo modes are available to me in DJI GO4 App. I have formatted both SSD and SD, taken out the SD, and re-installed DJI GO4. Any ideas? Is this somehow an SSD firmware thing? I made sure my ProRes activation is still intact.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with Inspire. I would suggest trying to reach photo settings in Go 4 app installed on a different device or via a different app, i.e. Litchi. Fan noise is strictly a mechanical issue and can be solved only by RC disassembly. Good luck ...
2021-2-27
Use props
mactormod0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

exactly the same issue
2021-2-28
Use props
hartmand3
lvl.1
Canada

I saw that someone else had the same issue with EI mode and Raw photo options disappearing. I wonder if older SSDs (mine is 4 years old) are somehow not jiving with .500 firmware. I'm going to revert to .400 firmware anyways since it seems t be the better option so hopefully that fixes these issues.
2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules