Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pocket 2 audio interference with wireless mic
5750 22 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Russell Jackson
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've discovered an issue with my Pocket 2 which I've seen repeated in a reviewer video on Youtube (although the problem isn't actually discussed in that video).  When recording video using the wireless microphone module, electronic interference is recorded to the audio track.  It's low level in terms of volume but is audible when listening with headphones.  To start with I thought it might be noise transmitted by the module itself, however if you plug a wired mic into the wireless mic module, the noise stops, suggesting the noise is introduced by the mic capsule itself.  As I said, in this reviewer video, the same noise can be heard (again you'll likely need headphones, and you'll pick it out easier if you listen to my demo sample first).  My example: https://youtu.be/ugkemE1ovgA Reviewer example: https://youtu.be/ZaOle76jrhA?t=228.  The noise starts and stops, or sometimes is permanent, and can also feature uniformly spaced clicks.  I've no idea what is causing this, but my unit clearly isn't the only one exhibiting this problem.  Does anyone else also have this issue?
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Russell, we are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reaching us out. This issue will be resolved in the next firmware, which will be released soon. Please pay attention to the official release notes. Would you also direct message to me the serial number of your Pocket 2 for tracking. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-13
Use props
Russell Jackson
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-13 12:59
Hi there Russell, we are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reaching us out. This issue will be resolved in the next firmware, which will be released soon. Please pay attention to the official release notes. Would you also direct message to me the serial number of your Pocket 2 for tracking. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi DJI Paladin.  Thanks for the info and I look forward to the next firmware update!  I'll be sending the serial number shortly.
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I don't hear any issues around 3:52
Even with studio headphones.
2020-11-14
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

I also hear a hiss noise from your sample.
I guess it is the mic of wireless mic transmitter as you mentioned.

Should be easy to remove hiss noise in post though. Since it is hardware issue would be difficult for DJI to fix it other than masking the frequency to remove it.
2020-11-14
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

No question about it there's an audio signal issue and on mine it's pretty obvious, it comes and goes but it does it so often every few seconds As a matter of fact which is unacceptable almost useless really to use the wireless mic, and that's bad cause I need the wireless mic 95% of the time. I also don't see how a firmware will fix this, it looks like it's a hardware issue..
2020-11-19
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

I have the same issue...I also have a faint hissing sound in the background when using the external mic and I am not the only one, many other YouTubers have the same issue here is my example

2020-11-23
Use props
fansff01893a
New
United Kingdom

Have you guys had this issue resolved. I bought my first pocket 2 last week and had this issue. I updated it and although not gone, the noise had reduced. Thinking I had a defective unit I went back to the store where I bought it and they exchanged it for a new one. I’ve just unboxed and tested the new one and the noise from the wireless microphone is even worse than the first one!!! I’m so disappointed and have no idea what is causing it I’ve done all kinds of silly tests like changing the distance, turning on and off in different patterns. Nothing works, the noise comes and goes every few seconds and makes footage from the pocket 2 and wireless microphone combination absolutely useless. Are DJI going to fix this?
2020-12-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

In the video above I can hear a faint steady tone come and go, but my hearing is too shot to detect a hiss.  The audio from the DJI mic is probably technically better (flatter frequency response) while that from the Go has a peak around the voice frequencies making the sound more edgy and slightly thin, but that helps with voice clarity.

As for resolving the issue - or issues, there are quite a few with this new device, some of which are for most people of more consequence than the problem discussed here - we've not had a firmware update at all since the original first release one.  I suspect it will arrive soon.  Will it fix everything in one go?  Time will tell....
2020-12-5
Use props
Tommy Ramone
New

United States

I just discovered the same issue with my Pocket 2. I took my device to DJI store where they checked it and said everything is good. This noise is really annoying and makes my audio unusable.

Is there any official DJI statement about this problem?
2020-12-9
Use props
SeanCC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1015541 ft
United States

I had the same issue last night, when I recorded a short vid of me playing an instrument. Hissing sound. Sounds pretty bad too. Good to know I'm not the only one. I'll be looking forward to that update mentioned above.
2020-12-11
Use props
pankajsoni
New
India

I am also facing the same problem. DJI whatever needs to be done. Please do the same ASAP. Don't ruin our experience of using the creator combo kit. We invested so much in the accessories and in return we are getting useless things.
2020-12-21
Use props
pankajsoni
New
India

I think everyone is facing this issue whosoever bought this wireless creator combo. This is not expected from the DJI atlease.
2020-12-21
Use props
YenDomo
New

United Kingdom

I've purchased an Olympus Stereo microphone (ME 51SW) which has a left and right channel and a TRS jack, when I plug this microphone into the wireless transmitter I appear to only record sound from the left microphone channel. Is there any reason for this? Does the wireless transmitter only record one channel or transmit one channel to to pocket 2? or is there potentially a software/setting fix for this?

Thanks ahead of time.
2020-12-22
Use props
djiuser_iQCPZ4MmXS28
lvl.2
Germany

I’m on the new firmware and have a similar problem to what you’re experiencing - some kind of low level pitched tone in the background. A warble or whirl. I’ll try tomorrow with plugging an external mic into the wireless unti.
2021-1-8
Use props
choisinc
lvl.1
South Korea

I figured out what it is. It is 3.5mm plug-in power on do-it-all handle that makes this horrible noise.

I tried with a mic which doesn't require plug-in power(needs 1.5v battery to operate) and the noise is gone. I wonder if it is firmware issue or hardware issue. And it gets worse, if I connect pocket 2 to my phone via wifi for live streaming, the interference noise gets crazy. If you don't use 3.5mm mic jack(either use built-in mics or wireless mic), it is fine.
I believe DJI should fix this either by updating firmware or recall the do-it-all handle. Otherwise, I am going to ask my money back.

I guess DJI was rushing and focusing on wireless mic, didn't make sure shielding 3.5mm jack - but I can only guess.
2021-1-13
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

DVD Mansion Posted at 2020-11-23 21:48
I have the same issue...I also have a faint hissing sound in the background when using the external mic and I am not the only one, many other YouTubers have the same issue here is my example

Guys I am happy to report that with the new firmware update the faint audio issue we were getting in the background has now disappeared and it is a clean signal.

I do want to state though that when I put the wide angle lens on I still have the vibration & it is not useable at all :-( and even if I wanted to use it with the vibration happening the lens shuts down so it can't be used..is there a fix for this? Is anyone else have this problem? This problem existed in my Pocket 2 even from the original firmware and it is still there.
The new firmware is

• Date: 2021.01.05
  • Firmware: V01.02.00.50

2021-1-15
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

This firmware has fixed the audio hissing that I had BUT it has introduced a NEW PROBLEM darn!

2021-1-19
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

Dualped Posted at 1-19 12:11
This firmware has fixed the audio hissing that I had BUT it has introduced a NEW PROBLEM darn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC4T3MlwNys&ab_channel=ChrisDallasDualped

I’m running the latest firmware as of February 7th, 2021  and my pocket 2 has the same problem as yours, I hear an intermittent interference hum or buzz that comes and goes just like your sample recording above.  Very disappointed and I hope that DJI can fix this in a firmware upgrade.  
2021-2-7
Use props
knowless
lvl.2
Italy

June 2022, audio interference is still there and the recording volume with ANY external microphone is completely unusable even setting the Pocket 2 to +20dB.

Congratulations DJI!
2022-6-26
Use props
Deeptrip
New
Flight distance : 521913 ft
United States

The same issue here! I have had this issue almost for a year! It ruined many of the clips that I recorded! Sometimes I couldn't fix them and they were trash!
I have many examples if you need them.
There is the last one: it was recorded yesterday:
https://we.tl/t-DlTSFAhtAt
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules