Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini's Range
2385 7 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Hi All,

I was just wondering what range I can expect with the Mavic Mini.  I wouldn't want to set my distance farther than what I can reasoable expect the WiFi range to be.  And secondly, what's the range for a drone with Occu Sync?

Thanks
Ken

2020-11-13
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Depends on a number of factors, above all whether there are sources of interference in the area where you are flying. From a few hundred meters to several kilometers. It is even possible that only the battery limits the range after about 5 kilometers (one way). There are many videos on Youtube ... look for "Mavic Mini Range Test". Occusync doesn't necessarily have a longer range, but is better and more stable in urban areas.
2020-11-13
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

As Jonny said, it depends A LOT on your area.  When I fly from house, if I fly to the southwest, I only get a 150 meters or so before I loose signal.  I don't know what's over there, but it's very consistent.  On the other hand, flying east at a time selected when I expected minimum web surfing going on, I got just about 1,350 meters before I lost signal.  My current record was about a bit over 2,000 meters, but that was in the middle of nowhere in the southern California desert, and I did not loose signal.  In case you are wondering, it was at night, and I could clearly see the aftermarket strobes.  That was the primary reason for the flight - to see how far I could see the strobes.
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there Patek, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. The Mavic Mini has Enhanced Wi-fi Video Transmission that can reach up to maximum distance of 4000 m for 5.8GHz frequenzy under (FCC) and 2500m under (SRRC). though for MIC/CE it is equals to 2000m for 2.4GHz frequenzy and 500m (CE) for 5.8 Ghz.

Meanwhile, Ocusync 2.0 in DJI Mini supports both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency bands as well. It features stronger interference resistance due to automatic frequency switching, delivering video transmission feeds up to 10km (when unobstructed, free of interference, and FCC- complaint). Below is the information for the Transmission distance for Mavic Mini.

I hope you find the information helpful and thank you for your support.

2020-11-13
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

On open field, the maximum distance was 2160 meters, with Yaggi and parabolic antennas.
2020-11-13
Use props
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Thank you all, I have so much to learn!  Yagi antenna boosters.  I love it.  And Strobe lights!  I imagine I can get them both on Amazon.  Any suggestions?

Ken

2020-11-13
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

You can buy the antennas on th Aliexpress website.
I acquired the Yagi and the Parabolics.
My impression is that worths the price. Costed only 15€, total.
The range was really extended.
2020-11-14
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have the Mavic Air 2 and the battery is the limiting factor in most of long range runs.  Occusync 2.0 is incredible in FCC mode, I have gotten 4.5 miles out over the ocean.  I had to turn around at that point out of battery concern.  
2020-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules