DJI RSC 2 + RavenEye + ActiveTrack
3298 1 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

Hi!

ActiveTrack is the feature of automatically tracking and following an object which is filmed by the camera by moving the gimbal towards it.

This feature sounds cool and useful. But in my tests (in combination with a Sony a73) I run across a couple of problems with it.

The tracking and following works, but it only works as long as you are *not* actually recording with the camera! As soon as you record with the camera, the output to RavenEye goes blank, and ActiveTrack is not working any more.

There is also a recording function of the RavenEye itself. It has nothing to do with the internal recording of the camera. Instead, it is the output of the camera's HDMI-port to Raveneye, and the App on your mobile can then record this output. ActiveTrack works fine when you use this recording. For some people might use this in some cases, but I doubt this will make many people happy. After all, you want to use the high-quality-recording (in my case 4K) of your camera! With the RavenEye recording instead, you have much lower quality, and all information which would be shown in your camera's screen (like recording-options, HUD-options, time etc) will also be visible in this recording.

I would appreciate any feedback of anyone who has experience with this, because at the moment I don't want to believe that these restrictions are real.

Regards,
airflow
2020-11-13
Use props
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

I can report that I found the culprit. The problem was with the camera, Sony a73. It has the limitation that under certain circumstances it cannot give HDMI-output while recording at the same time. This happens only when 4K and additional proxy recording is enabled at the same time. As soon as I disabled proxy recording, HDMI output (and with it Active Track) worked during recording with 4K.
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules