Head 'jiggling' during timelapse
3319 12 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baksaj808
lvl.1
United States

Ok, So I've got my new Osmo Pocket 2 and I like the thing but I noticed something strange.
This is a 3-day old item, no wear/n/tear, just played with it at home (after I did all the software updates).

During timelapse, before every 'shot' it jiggles the head. See attached vid. This is very noticeable, however, this jiggle does not show up at the 'end result' the stiched timelapse video.

I was wondering if this is 'normal' and intentional, and it was meant to do this (the Osmo 1 did not produce such shakes) or... this is something else?
(I'm switching from Gen 1 Osmo).

Here is a link to the video file I made from the Osmo 2 doing the jiggle while talking the timelapse.
(video link via google drive)

Any input would be welcome!

Osmo 2 head jiggle.zip

399.81 KB, Down times: 8

Osmo 2 head jiggle video zipped

2020-11-13
Use props
Baksaj808
lvl.1
United States

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Me9-vHiSAovTBg0DMMjVbaHDEUclIsyW/view?usp=sharing copy-paste this for the google drive video link. the post removes it automatically
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Baksaj808. Thank you for reaching out regarding the concern with the response of the DJI Pocket 2 gimbal during the process of taking a timelapse. This is noted and let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi. I have the Osmo Pocket and that also 'jiggles' between shots. More so outside where wind can effect the head movement.
2020-11-14
Use props
JacksonLai
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I have the exact same issue in my dji pocket 2
2020-11-14
Use props
Baksaj808
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 03:09
Hello there Baksaj808. Thank you for reaching out regarding the concern with the response of the DJI Pocket 2 gimbal during the process of taking a timelapse. This is noted and let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Much appreciated, thank you!
2020-11-14
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same observation here too with my Pocket 2 . I’ve done lots of Motion timelapses with my older Osmo Pocket and never observed any unusual jerky or ‘jiggling' movements. However, with the Pocket 2 this jerkiness will be noticed if you are monitoring it on your smart phone's screen as well as seeing the gimbal itself. Definitely needs a firmware fix.
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a known 'issue' although only present in shorter intervals and not affecting the output.
2020-11-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I would imagine this is necessary. If the Pocket is not completely level, especially if programmed to pan, it would need small adjustments to keep the horizon level. As long as the output is stable I don't see a problem.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Baksaj808 Posted at 11-14 08:52
Much appreciated, thank you!

Hi Baksaj808, thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. I receive a response from our Designated team and please be advised that this phenomenon is part of normal gimbal movement, and will not affect the stability of the Motionlapse. Please avoid touching the gimbal in Motionlapse mode. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-19
Use props
Baksaj808
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-19 23:58
Hi Baksaj808, thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. I receive a response from our Designated team and please be advised that this phenomenon is part of normal gimbal movement, and will not affect the stability of the Motionlapse. Please avoid touching the gimbal in Motionlapse mode. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you, much appreciated!
2020-11-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Baksaj808 Posted at 11-20 12:40
Thank you, much appreciated!

Hi Baksaj808, you are very much welcome, and thank you for your reply. If you have further inquiries or concerns don't hesitate to reach us out here in DJI Forum. Thank you for your support and keep safe always.
2020-11-21
Use props
djiuser_zufWQ7mxrrg0
New
United States

Hi, DJI Gamora, I ran into the same issue with my new Pocket 2. However, the motion lapse video was also shaking due to the gimbal head jiggling during the recording. Is this an issue with pocket 2 or just the unit is defective? I noticed this phenomenon only when shooting at 0.5s or 1s, not noticeable at 2s.
2022-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules