Pocket 2 3rd Party ND Filters Prevent Clean Shutdown
1149 4 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ou7rigg3r999
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I have the Freewell set of ND filters which work fine on the Pocket 2 however because this device shuts down in a different way by tucking in the camera, it causes a real hassle when trying to use them. For those of you who are new, there isn't enough clearance when the ND filters are attached now that there's a new tuck in process for the camera. It can't complete it's cycle and doesn't throw any errors or anything but I'd much rather there be an option to shut down like the OSMO Pocket when I choose to use my ND filters. It's a shame that all the 3rd party ND filter owners have to do extra steps. When I look on Amazon, all the 3rd party ND filters say they are compatible with the Pocket 2 however I don't think any of them shut down cleanly.

On a continued question, I'd like to know if the official DJI ND filters cause the modified (better) shut down process when attached like the wide angle? Are you sharing that recognition process with 3rd parties or do they just fend for themselves?
2020-11-14
Use props
Ron_H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
United States

ND filters and the wide angle lens are supposed to be detected automatically, but the detection/sensor doesn't work very well.  
Hopefully they fix it in firmware or add a manual option.
2020-11-14
Use props
Ou7rigg3r999
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info I didn't know that.
2020-11-16
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't seem to have this problem.  When my Freewell ND filters are attached to the Pocket 2, I get a "wide angle lens detected" message on power on and when I shut down, the lens turns the other way (facing outward) as it's supposed to do.
2020-11-16
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

I have the official DJI ND filter set and my Pocket 2 does NOT shut down properly (with the lens facing out) with them attached; it tries to tuck the lens in and fails when the ND filter catches on the gimbal arm. With the wide angle lens attached, my Pocket 2 DOES shut down properly with the lens facing out out. I hope this can be resolved with firmware.
2020-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules