DJI! What have you done with the Fly App?
12Next >
5192 63 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello!

I made today a test flight with the V 1.2.1 and I can say, that the transmission between RC and drone is still a desaster!
Lot of lagging, so a smooth flight is not possible.

After that, I made a second test with V 1.1.10 on my iphone, which I was able to keep as a second version on my phone.
Result: no lagging, no issues!

DJI, meanwhile I have really the impression, you want us to be forced to switch to the Mini 2!!!

You can so this, just send me one free of charge!

It cannot be so difficult to find out, what has happened during software-development between 1.1.10 and 1.2.x!

2020-11-14
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hi, I made the same observation with the android version, I believe that we should no longer have relied on the reliability of the next updates with regard to our MINI
2020-11-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

I haven't tested it yet, but I wonder about one thing is the application that has been updated not the firmware, so how could this affect the drone? So I'll test it after and I'll come back to you
2020-11-14
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

My personal opinion is that this is a marketing-driven decision to hobble the Mavic Mini so people buy the Mini 2.  Prove me wrong, DJI.
2020-11-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

Art Vandelay Posted at 11-14 04:45
My personal opinion is that this is a marketing-driven decision to hobble the Mavic Mini so people buy the Mini 2.  Prove me wrong, DJI.

If that's the case, it won't work with me..
2020-11-14
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

VanzPix Posted at 11-14 04:23
I haven't tested it yet, but I wonder about one thing is the application that has been updated not the firmware, so how could this affect the drone? So I'll test it after and I'll come back to you

It effects the transmission between RC and drone, , maybe the RC needs a firmware-update.
2020-11-14
Use props
gort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just roll it back to 1.1.8

2020-11-14
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

VanzPix Posted at 11-14 04:23
I haven't tested it yet, but I wonder about one thing is the application that has been updated not the firmware, so how could this affect the drone? So I'll test it after and I'll come back to you

in the same way as version 1.1.10 improve the port while there too the firmware has not been updated, for me at least but I know that I am not the only one who saw a difference
2020-11-14
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

"In regards to the issue, we would highly suggest you to refresh the firmware of the drone and remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 that you can download on your computer or laptop.

Kindly refer to this link and screenshot, on where you will going to download the DJI Assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads.

Once downloaded, kindly refer again to this link on how you will going to refresh the firmware of the drone and remote controller

After that, re-calibrate the IMU and the Compass of the drone again, re-link the drone and the drone and check if the issue will still persist.

Hope that resolved the issue that you are having."

by DJI ROBOT
2020-11-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

The message always appears and actually the drone this features strangely I'll try later the solution of Berhatz..
2020-11-14
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

VanzPix Posted at 11-14 07:12
The message always appears and actually the drone this features strangely I'll try later the solution of Berhatz..

are you now already on V 1.2.1?
2020-11-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

UweE Posted at 11-14 07:24
are you now already on V 1.2.1?

Yes New version
2020-11-14
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Why ? Whats wrong with the Mini 1 and what should induce you to buy the Mini 2 ? For me, there are no reasons. Mini 1 and Flyapp 1.1.8, never had any problems.
2020-11-14
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Am I the only one still using the original App?

I come from the school of if it ain't broke don't fix it. If a piece of software doesn't offer a fix for a problem I'm having or any new features that I need I just leave it alone.

2020-11-14
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I tested it today and the new App 1.2.1 is worst than the 1.2.0 App.
It gave more warnings than ever.
2020-11-14
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Berhatz Posted at 11-14 05:14
"In regards to the issue, we would highly suggest you to refresh the firmware of the drone and remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 that you can download on your computer or laptop.

Kindly refer to this link and screenshot, on where you will going to download the DJI Assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads.

Thank you. I did the same and will try out tomorrow.
2020-11-14
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
United States

jonny007 Posted at 11-14 08:56
Why ? Whats wrong with the Mini 1 and what should induce you to buy the Mini 2 ? For me, there are no reasons. Mini 1 and Flyapp 1.1.8, never had any problems.

DJI had a perfectly good version of DJI Fly for the Mini (1.1.10) and messed it up (1.2.0) right at the same time that the Mini 2 came out and from what I'm reading, 1.2.1 still has problems with the Mavic Mini.  Either their software development team needs to be upgraded or there's something deliberate going on.  I'm still running 1.1.10 with my Mavic Mini until users confirm the latest version is at least as good.
2020-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't follow your logic. If a company were to intentionally cripple its own product deliberately, in what way would that encourage you to buy from them ever again?  As a marketing strategy, your theory is a non-starter.
2020-11-14
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

First fly today with 1.2.1 in open area. Looks good. I'll give a second try later in the area I got the "weak signal" messages

Capture.JPG
2020-11-14
Use props
alisay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317621 ft
Singapore

Yes today was my first flight with 1.2.1 and i felt a lag as well. I am on Iphone.
2020-11-15
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Russia

I can confirm - the only working version is 1.1.10!
2020-11-15
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Russia

Blériot53 Posted at 11-14 23:25
I don't follow your logic. If a company were to intentionally cripple its own product deliberately, in what way would that encourage you to buy from them ever again?  As a marketing strategy, your theory is a non-starter.

The company is almost dead! At least their app developers.
2020-11-15
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

VanzPix Posted at 11-14 04:48
If that's the case, it won't work with me..

+1
it won't work with me to...   
2020-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe just try refreshing FW , I know long shot but no harm trying.
2020-11-15
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-14 23:25

Apple Inc. has agreed to pay a settlement of up to $500 million, following a lawsuit accusing the company of intentionally slowing down the performance of older phones to encourage customers to buy newer models or fresh batteries. Mar 2, 2020

But what does Apple know about marketing?
2020-11-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Art Vandelay Posted at 11-15 06:15
Apple Inc. has agreed to pay a settlement of up to $500 million, following a lawsuit accusing the company of intentionally slowing down the performance of older phones to encourage customers to buy newer models or fresh batteries. Mar 2, 2020

But what does Apple know about marketing?

A "strategy" which ultimately cost them that amount was hardly a smart move, was it.
2020-11-15
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 05:06
Maybe just try refreshing FW , I know long shot but no harm trying.

I tried to refresh FW - no sense.
2020-11-15
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-15 06:22
A "strategy" which ultimately cost them that amount was hardly a smart move, was it.

No, it wasn't smart.  But the point is that they THOUGHT it was a good strategy at the time and they implemented it.
2020-11-15
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

Art Vandelay Posted at 11-15 07:35
No, it wasn't smart.  But the point is that they THOUGHT it was a good strategy at the time and they implemented it.

If you look into the details of the lawsuit, Apple never admitted to any wrong doing and there is no objective evidence that showed they were doing this to upsell customers to newer iPhones.  What they did admit is that they implemented an automatic power management system that slowed down older iPhones to preserve aging battery life and avoid unwanted shutdown.   If you think about it, this actually is extending the life of the older iPhones.   Where Apple got in trouble is they did not disclose this to customers and that gave the basis for multiple lawsuits and large amount of negative press.  
2020-11-15
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Art Vandelay Posted at 11-14 18:45
DJI had a perfectly good version of DJI Fly for the Mini (1.1.10) and messed it up (1.2.0) right at the same time that the Mini 2 came out and from what I'm reading, 1.2.1 still has problems with the Mavic Mini.  Either their software development team needs to be upgraded or there's something deliberate going on.  I'm still running 1.1.10 with my Mavic Mini until users confirm the latest version is at least as good.

DJI had a perfectly good version of DJI Fly for the Mini (1.1.10)

Yes so why updating, why ? I see exactly ONE point...if someone has Mini1 AND Mini2 and flies with both and with one app installed. But another reason ? No, zero, nothing ... the update madness is obviously stronger than the logic.
2020-11-15
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

jonny007 Posted at 11-15 08:45
DJI had a perfectly good version of DJI Fly for the Mini (1.1.10)

Yes so why updating, why ? I see exactly ONE point...if someone has Mini1 AND Mini2 and flies with both and with one app installed. But another reason ? No, zero, nothing ... the update madness is obviously stronger than the logic.

Why updating?
Because DJI as a developer of the app informed me, that besides the add. section for the Mini 2,
the overall perfomance and stability of the app has been improved.
So I don't have to "believe" DJI, it was a clear statement from DJI and as a user/customer,
I should rely on that.
So don't play the Black Peter to us, who updated, it is a clear failure of DJI and they have to act!
2020-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Art Vandelay Posted at 11-14 18:45
DJI had a perfectly good version of DJI Fly for the Mini (1.1.10) and messed it up (1.2.0) right at the same time that the Mini 2 came out and from what I'm reading, 1.2.1 still has problems with the Mavic Mini.  Either their software development team needs to be upgraded or there's something deliberate going on.  I'm still running 1.1.10 with my Mavic Mini until users confirm the latest version is at least as good.

Best leave conspiracies to the trumps.....
2020-11-15
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 11:09
Best leave conspiracies to the trumps.....

And the country.
2020-11-15
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

UweE Posted at 11-15 09:14
Why updating?
Because DJI as a developer of the app informed me, that besides the add. section for the Mini 2,
the overall perfomance and stability of the app has been improved.

"the overall performance and stability of the app has been improved" And what does that mean now? It is in every release note, even if only new bugs have been added. Did you have performance and stability problems? Ok, then an update would be really important, right. Black Peter ? You can still stick to your 1.2.0 or 1.2.1, get excited and scold ... if it's fun ... I prefer to fly with version 1.1.8 WITHOUT PROBLEMS

But again the question: Why should you update if there were no problems and NOTHING Mini 1 relevant was changed or added ???
2020-11-16
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

jonny007 Posted at 11-16 10:31
"the overall performance and stability of the app has been improved" And what does that mean now? It is in every release note, even if only new bugs have been added. Did you have performance and stability problems? Ok, then an update would be really important, right. Black Peter ? You can still stick to your 1.2.0 or 1.2.1, get excited and scold ... if it's fun ... I prefer to fly with version 1.1.8 WITHOUT PROBLEMS

But again the question: Why should you update if there were no problems and NOTHING Mini 1 relevant was changed or added ???

yes , you are the most clever pilot here!

It's a shame, that we are shouting here to each other about the app
and until now, NOT A SINGLE WORD FROM DJI!

2020-11-16
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I think, that I'm really clever to use an app that WORKS ...not ?   But ok, DJI could really make a statement.
2020-11-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Now this applies to my Mavic Gen I, but the theory is the same for all of the DJI platforms:

I haven't updated anything in almost 3 years, my kit works as advertised,
no hobbling, NFZ nagging/issues, gimbal issues, distance/speed issues, quizzes
and the "cinematic flight moves" that were tossed in/out as "bait" to do the "updates"....I just learned to fly them myself manually.....
The only "hiccup" I have ever had was when I walked between 2 buildings, and lost connection, and it just sat there hovering waiting for me to reestablish the connection.
2020-11-16
Use props
p1ranha
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60476 ft
Germany

It seems to work for me.
2020-11-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder why this is only affecting some users. We should share info about what we are doing that is different. I have no issues with 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 with either of my two Mini's. Both use Android Samsung devices, one approved and one not approved. I should add that I never set the cached video to record on any drone. I use a screen recorder instead.

I see that starting at version 1.2.0, the app apk file is larger than before. Perhaps this is a memory usage issue.

2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_zj1AKuTYX05a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268658 ft
United States

I updated the App and it really is flawed.
I am having video break up issues at 975ft distance.
I use to be able to fly around 1500 to 2000 ft out before II start having issues.
Please tell us what gives DJI.
This is not a good thing for your users.
2020-11-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules