DJI! What have you done with the Fly App?
5198 63 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Obviously most members here just want to complain rather than find the cause of THEIR problem. So, hasta dudes.
2020-11-16
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have both versions on my Iphone

V1.2.1. big problems
V1.1.10 no problems

So it’s up to DJI to explain
2020-11-16
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

UweE Posted at 11-16 22:05
I have both versions on my Iphone

V1.2.1. big problems

Yes, me too!
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

UweE Posted at 11-16 22:05
I have both versions on my Iphone

V1.2.1. big problems

Not on the same phone though. 1.1.10 on Samsung S9+

1.2.1 on Samsung S10
2020-11-17
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-16 15:46
I wonder why this is only affecting some users. We should share info about what we are doing that is different. I have no issues with 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 with either of my two Mini's. Both use Android Samsung devices, one approved and one not approved. I should add that I never set the cached video to record on any drone. I use a screen recorder instead.

I see that starting at version 1.2.0, the app apk file is larger than before. Perhaps this is a memory usage issue.

On a Samsung S9+, 1.2.1 and 1.2.0 don't work right. Have 10 gb free space. 1.1.10 works great.
2020-11-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scarves UP Posted at 11-17 10:48
On a Samsung S9+, 1.2.1 and 1.2.0 don't work right. Have 10 gb free space. 1.1.10 works great.

I was flying my Mini today over open water, about 2/3 mile each way. No issues. Perhaps there is new Wifi interference in your area. Something must be different other than the app.
2020-11-17
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-17 15:18
I was flying my Mini today over open water, about 2/3 mile each way. No issues. Perhaps there is new Wifi interference in your area. Something must be different other than the app.

I haven't had these signal issues like I've been seeing, or so I thought. I would get weak signal at 1100ft where I normally would anyways, because it wasn't all the time and every 5 feet like others have been having I thought I was unaffected.

Looking at my flight log to check things over as a second opinion and that's where I noticed my log is flooded with weak signal errors. The Fly app only reported weak signal 4 times yet I have over 15+ entries in the log.

If I fly the same path with Litchi I don't have any errors.
2020-11-18
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-16 19:30
Obviously most members here just want to complain rather than find the cause of THEIR problem. So, hasta dudes.

GaryDoug, I do agree with you that most of the comments are about complaints.  Unfortunately, that is a DJI issue which compounds the chance for pilot error.  People do not upload logs to get assistance with issues.

The DJI Fly app certainly had problems starting with 1.2.0 hence the rapid updates.  I personally experienced them and was one of the first to reach out directly to DJI.  There was nothing that logs indicated or any relevant data which could extracted.  I had multiple people on another forum look at the logs for a second opinion.  The problem was with the proprietary DJI software and firmware and the relevant data was not accessible to consumers.

DJI has remedied the problem but it has left some people aggrieved as they lost or damaged their drones due to this issue.
2020-11-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-18 10:00
GaryDoug, I do agree with you that most of the comments are about complaints.  Unfortunately, that is a DJI issue which compounds the chance for pilot error.  People do not upload logs to get assistance with issues.

The DJI Fly app certainly had problems starting with 1.2.0 hence the rapid updates.  I personally experienced them and was one of the first to reach out directly to DJI.  There was nothing that logs indicated or any relevant data which could extracted.  I had multiple people on another forum look at the logs for a second opinion.  The problem was with the proprietary DJI software and firmware and the relevant data was not accessible to consumers.

You are missing the point. Obviously there is something different about our experiences. Instead of just waiting for DJI to fix it for those who are having issues, I am saying we should do something to find out why some have problems and others do not. It's just the test engineer in me that cries out for some investigation. Currently we don't even have any idea of the extent of the problem, in other words, what percentage of the users have them. Nobody will complain about a problem that doesn't exist for them.
2020-11-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

GaryDoug Posted at 11-18 11:08
You are missing the point. Obviously there is something different about our experiences. Instead of just waiting for DJI to fix it for those who are having issues, I am saying we should do something to find out why some have problems and others do not. It's just the test engineer in me that cries out for some investigation. Currently we don't even have any idea of the extent of the problem, in other words, what percentage of the users have them. Nobody will complain about a problem that doesn't exist for them.

Hi ,as John Lietzke said I also saw on another forum, the problem that some of us are complaining about, I  ,also had known problem on version 1.1.20 but where it is the most problematic and on the version 1.1.21 which should have solved the concerns that some people had, my mini had a strange behavior in a personal capacity and I quickly stopped before having a crash but for other person the screen became green for example or else had no visible problems but the evil apparently and much deeper and less than a crack when it comes to reading flight data as I could see on this forum, the majority pilots of the mini I think (me the first) it is their first drone and do not have the experience to be able to read it is famous data and risk without knowing it a crash at any time
2020-11-18
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-18 11:08

I personally don't think we will ever be able to diagnose the problem other than pin pointing the source and time.  For me it started with the RC firmware update on 11/5 and persisted until the Air 2 firmware update was released.  

DJI as encrypted the .dat file on the bird and a decryption key has not been made available.  Therefore, our data comparison is very limited.  

It is just my opinion, based on the time and RC firmware update to add the Mini 2 along with the rapid RC and DJI Fly app updates that issue was with the RC.  Unfortunately, it is not possible to conduct a deep analysis on the Air 2, original Mini and Mini 2 at this time.  Hopefully DJI will make that possible with SDK for the Air 2 that is expected to be released before the end of the year.  

We definitely lack comparative data on those affected by the problem and those who did not?  What was your experience?
2020-11-18
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

It would help if members would post as much detail as possible.1. Phone or Device make & model
2. Phone or Device WiFi On or Off
3. Airplane Mode enabled?
4. Bluetooth On or Off
5. Description of area of flight. Urban, Rural, Wifi Towers, etc.
6. Phone or Device used as Hot Spot? On or Off?

2020-11-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Electromen Posted at 11-18 18:17
It would help if members would post as much detail as possible.1. Phone or Device make & model
2. Phone or Device WiFi On or Off

I would add to those: Available storage and memory, CPU speed, number of apps running in the background, etc.
2020-11-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-18 17:17
I personally don't think we will ever be able to diagnose the problem other than pin pointing the source and time.  For me it started with the RC firmware update on 11/5 and persisted until the Air 2 firmware update was released.  

DJI as encrypted the .dat file on the bird and a decryption key has not been made available.  Therefore, our data comparison is very limited.  

"What was your experience?"

See post 15 in this topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229355
2020-11-18
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

Electromen Posted at 11-18 18:17
2. Phone or Device WiFi On or Off

Please post here! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229355
2020-11-18
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-18 19:34
I would add to those: Available storage and memory, CPU speed, number of apps running in the background, etc.

Would be great!
2020-11-18
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

I took the Mavic Air 2 out this morning to fly over Apple’s New Campus.  I have had some WiFi signal issues in the past during the Covid Lockdown.  Today’s flight was smooth and I did not experience any signal, flight or telemetry issues. It appear the rapid update release has resolved the issues.
2020-11-19
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I flew 2 days ago with V1.2.1 on my Iphone, more or less okay, although I had over the
lake (clear line of sight) after 250 m a weak signal message.
But the flight was okay.
In the afternoon, I made a test with the latest Litchi beta in a very difficult environment,
(small hills and large trees in between) and I had the longest distance ever (>800m).
It really seems, as if the DJI app cripples the signal.
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_lZPsJ6GO9afm
New
Flight distance : 362425 ft
India

It is too pathatic to fly mini in 15 meter height. Please DJI, what is the real problem about height limitaion. Is 15meter is the limit then what deferrence between my MINI with Tello. Sad..
2020-11-21
Use props
Ghiura Daniel
New

Romania

my mini done the same thing..... everything gone wrong ...?!?!?!?
2020-11-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

gort Posted at 11-14 04:57
Just roll it back to 1.1.8[Image]

Yup, still on that one. Funny thing is that it tells me that fly app is UP TO DATE
2020-11-30
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

What's the current consensus? DJI Fly 1.1.8 is the most stable version? The last couple of flights I have had on 1.2.1 have been awful, Drone barely stays connected and big lags in video update from less than 20 metres away. And today the controller completely disconnected for a period. Never had that before. Anyay I have rolled back to 1.1.8 which I had no issues with but would just like to hear other expriences?

Cheers  
2020-12-17
Use props
Grumbleduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1824862 ft
United States

My Galaxy Tab A-8.0 was upgraded to 1.20 the day it was released.  I noticed an improvement in connectivity at long range but no negative effects.  The update to 1.2.1 had no noticeable difference to m.
2020-12-17
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Grumbleduke Posted at 12-17 20:47
My Galaxy Tab A-8.0 was upgraded to 1.20 the day it was released.  I noticed an improvement in connectivity at long range but no negative effects.  The update to 1.2.1 had no noticeable difference to m.

Haven't had a chance to fly with 1.1.8 again but will tomorrow and see if any difference. I have this theory too that school is off and all the kids are home on wifi maybe causing a nightmare for wifi drones in urban areas??
2020-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules