718 8 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariocasati
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21086 ft
Italy

Hello everybody,

I have a bizarre issue with my DJI Smart Controller.
I use it with my Mavic 2 Pro and sometimes (1 on 8) happen that the colours of the monitor get altered as the pictures below.
I did a Factory Data Reset but the problem persist.

Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance

altered colors 2

altered colors 2

altered colors 1

altered colors 1

2020-11-14
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi mariocasati ,

I'am affraid that it is an hardware problem on the display of your SC. Not just the camera view, but also the text on the SC.

Do you have it all the time or just when the device is cold ?  The problem might be temperature dependend. I don't think a reset will solve the problem, it seems to be hardware to me.
2020-11-14
Use props
mariocasati
lvl.1
Italy

Hi John thank you for your feedback. Actually the smart controller is not cold (I'm at home with 20 degrees) so that is not the main problem

A strange fact is that I tried to get a couple of screenshot from the controller and they have original colors!
2020-11-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same effect on the screen of my mobile phone (red highlights to trees and buildings) which do not appear on the resulting video or the cached video on the phone.  I think they're artefacts, which don't affect the end result.
2020-11-14
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

mariocasati Posted at 11-14 05:17
Hi John thank you for your feedback. Actually the smart controller is not cold (I'm at home with 20 degrees) so that is not the main problem

A strange fact is that I tried to get a couple of screenshot from the controller and they have original colors!

Hi Mariocasati,

it is not so strange that screenshots are good. The screenshots are taken from the internal memory of the SC, this is before they are processed by the video chip and go to the display array. The problem you have is with the display array.
2020-11-14
Use props
mariocasati
lvl.1
Italy

JohnDG Posted at 11-14 17:12
Hi Mariocasati,

it is not so strange that screenshots are good. The screenshots are taken from the internal memory of the SC, this is before they are processed by the video chip and go to the display array. The problem you have is with the display array.

So you mean it's a hardware problem of the monitor? In this case I have to contact DJI cutomer service..
2020-11-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

mariocasati Posted at 11-15 06:09
So you mean it's a hardware problem of the monitor? In this case I have to contact DJI cutomer service..

I am affraid it is, indeed. Best to contact DJI for repair.
2020-11-15
Use props
mariocasati
lvl.1
Italy

JohnDG Posted at 11-15 06:14
I am affraid it is, indeed. Best to contact DJI for repair.

Thank you John, I will.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mariocasati. I am sorry to see and to know that you are having issues with the display of your DJI Smart Controller. Since this issue is happening. I would recommended to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules