What a Great Camera the Pocket 2 Is
1158 18 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Link to a video and live broadcast that I did about the Pocket 2.

I did some initial testing with it in quite difficult lighting conditions just to see how the camera dealt with exposure. In a word - terrific. There are a lot of features and one I missed off though was the wifi connectivity, so I might take a look at that aspect later too.

Every shot I took on this camera was used in the video. Nothing was ditched! Just shows how reliable this camera is!

Video
https://youtu.be/jvqlB9WJI_k

Following my video, some guys sent me questions which I talked about in the live.

Live
https://youtu.be/2_RApgfzmb0

So many great things about this camera, I coukdn’t cover them all in one go......
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview.
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And there is nr 2
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work btw!
2020-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you. I wan’t sure if we could post video links here.
The Osmo Pocket is a marvellous little camera.  I was amazed at how it dealt with everything I pointed it at and purposely pointed it into awkward situations just to see how the exposure coped.

I own the Action and the new GoPro 9 and this little gem kicks them into the dust.

In fact, I might rub it in on the GoPro forum because you wouldn’t believe the nonsense with the GoPro 9.

The Pocket 2 makes the GoPro look very poor by direct comparison. I daren’t post the comparison, but I also had the 9 with me on the same bar when I did the video. Most of the footage was u usable.

Of course there will be the usual advice of .... format the card. What were the settings (auto just like the Pocket)

The Pocket 2 is the best out there.

I’m hoping for an Action 2 to rub the salt in!!!
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 13:04
Thank you. I wan’t sure if we could post video links here.
The Osmo Pocket is a marvellous little camera.  I was amazed at how it dealt with everything I pointed it at and purposely pointed it into awkward situations just to see how the exposure coped.

You're welcome!
2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You sure didn’t waste any time checking out all the new features. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be sure to check in on your YouTube channel
2020-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Psoon Posted at 11-15 11:16
You sure didn’t waste any time checking out all the new features. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be sure to check in on your YouTube channel

Thank you. I didn’t goi into massive depth since it was just made as a quick overview to give people an idea of what the quality of its picture is like. Then I had quite a few questions so I did a live stream.

I have the Action and the original Pocket, so I am used to them. Unfortunately, I also have a GoPro 9 which has dreadful problems.

My channel is centred around microphones, video gear and techniques for beginners.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Iancraig10. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created for the DJI Pocket 2. Great work and keep on filming.
2020-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 22:18
Hello there Iancraig10. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created for the DJI Pocket 2. Great work and keep on filming.

Thank you Stephen.

After a frustrating two weeks with a GoPro9 and an awful close encounter of the third kind with gOPro customer services, the Pocket 2 appeared and it was as though someone had heard my whining to GoPro!

Their customer service is truly awful and the everlasting updates drive you mad until the final update, which is the next model.

I think DJI have really hit the spot with the Action and Pocket. The Pocket 2 is an amazing little camera and in my outdoor video, I purposely tried to upset the exposure with odd backgrounds. In the whole, it did amazingly well and that’s why I posted it here.

Needless to say, GoPro are over fir me. I may do video on the real fix. It involves a hammer.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-16 00:48
Thank you Stephen.

After a frustrating two weeks with a GoPro9 and an awful close encounter of the third kind with gOPro customer services, the Pocket 2 appeared and it was as though someone had heard my whining to GoPro!

Hi there Iancraig10. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. We really do appreciate the positive feedback you have for DJI. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep on filming. .
2020-11-17
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

I just watched your video thanks for posting it. I like the way you do the review (wish i could do the same lol)
2020-11-25
Use props
djiuser_gE6ShwE90QlC
New

United Kingdom

notdmartian Posted at 11-25 18:18
I just watched your video thanks for posting it. I like the way you do the review (wish i could do the same lol)

Thanks Notdmartian. I’m a retired musician. Used to record music for TV and films along with other stuff and after having to stop (heart things), I developed what had been my hobby since the 70’s. I’ve always loved making videos. (Film in the 70’s)

I watched a load of people on YouTube and had a lot of support from a guy called Kevin the Basic Filmmaker who helped me enormously to gain the  confidence to actually appear and speak  in my videos because I had big problems with it.

Eventually, I found just being myself (nasty accent and all) was the best and easiest way to do them.

Now I make videos for the tourist board and for a local shop, selling gear. He runs my (official) videos on a loop. I also video local shows. We also have a music education business and I made a music series of 12 episodes, each  25 minutes long for our customers during our lockdown! That kept us going financially.

The Pocket 2 is an amazing little camera. Very capable and the results can be absolutely stunning. My Pocket video was a little trip, trying to catch it out with difficult lighting and it did really well. That means even beginners are going to get fantastic results which is who I aimed the video at in any case.

So my love of video has kept me going in retirement. The two videos I made about the Pocket were just aimed at people considering one. Quite a few YouTubers had asked me about it so I did the video and then did a live stream to answer their questions. So it’s not an exhaustive review but just a demo.
2020-11-25
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
France

I only bought it for the fact that it has a counter-light compensation.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_gE6ShwE90QlC
New

United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-26 01:06
I only bought it for the fact that it has a counter-light compensation.

I bought it because it has the best picture quality compared to any other compact camera.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_LEDpEkkWZOep
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I bought Pocket 2 for a week and enjoy using it for motionlapse! This tiny machine is much more powerful than I expected, lol
Just made a short motionlapse tonight as well , happy sharing!
2020-11-27
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

djiuser_gE6ShwE90QlC Posted at 11-25 23:59
Thanks Notdmartian. I’m a retired musician. Used to record music for TV and films along with other stuff and after having to stop (heart things), I developed what had been my hobby since the 70’s. I’ve always loved making videos. (Film in the 70’s)

I watched a load of people on YouTube and had a lot of support from a guy called Kevin the Basic Filmmaker who helped me enormously to gain the  confidence to actually appear and speak  in my videos because I had big problems with it.

well he has a new subscriber as well
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules