Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dead Dead Cat
735 27 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevetr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Took delivery of Pocket 2 on 3rd November ans generally very pleased except for one annoying problem. Have called online support but having waited 11 days and being told its likely to be another week wondering if it is only me. The dead cat can be pushed into the recieving slots in the wireless mic but nothing holds it in so it just falls off! Feels like it should click into place but it dosent. Any suggestions?
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi stevetr, sorry for the issue, could you please provide a video of the issue for further confirmation? Look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-11-15
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Susan
Already sent video to online support on 3rd Nov and they "sent it to developers". No attempt at even the most basic investigation by looking at the product so seems they just want to put me in a queue and hope I go away.
Its now been 12 days and when I asked yesterday eventually they promised a response by next Friday!
Seems I cant up load video here already lost my text once because upload dosent take mp4
stevehttps://youtu.be/rwypMBUhZvQ
2020-11-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

stevetr Posted at 11-15 06:46
Susan
Already sent video to online support on 3rd Nov and they "sent it to developers". No attempt at even the most basic investigation by looking at the product so seems they just want to put me in a queue and hope I go away.
Its now been 12 days and when I asked yesterday eventually they promised a response by next Friday!

2020-11-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Doubel post
2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Canada

Check that the two clips are not broken off for any reason and if no problems there make sure the fur is not in the way when attaching. It’s not the firmest method of attaching the muffler, maybe Velcro might work
2020-11-15
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Psoon Posted at 11-15 10:14
Check that the two clips are not broken off for any reason and if no problems there make sure the fur is not in the way when attaching. It’s not the firmest method of attaching the muffler, maybe Velcro might work

Hi the two clips are in place but they are just straight and they slip into the holes but the fit is lose so they just fall out. Honestly it seems as if the mould of the dead cat is wrong and the clips should be closer together. Was hoping someone else who has pocket 2 would say theirs is working ok. Biggest annoyance is getting DJI to do something they are just so slow. I would have tried velcro but there isn't much space and I shouldnt need to be modifying it should work.
2020-11-15
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

stevetr Posted at 11-15 10:22
Hi the two clips are in place but they are just straight and they slip into the holes but the fit is lose so they just fall out. Honestly it seems as if the mould of the dead cat is wrong and the clips should be closer together. Was hoping someone else who has pocket 2 would say theirs is working ok. Biggest annoyance is getting DJI to do something they are just so slow. I would have tried velcro but there isn't much space and I shouldnt need to be modifying it should work.

There is supposed to be a small magnetic ring in the plastic part of the dead cat. On mine, when I bring the edge of a small coin there, it sticks to the magnet. Does yours have the magnet?
2020-11-15
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gollan Posted at 11-15 12:49
There is supposed to be a small magnetic ring in the plastic part of the dead cat. On mine, when I bring the edge of a small coin there, it sticks to the magnet. Does yours have the magnet?

Hi,
No my dead cat has no magnet, I just put it close to a compass and nothing so that make complete sense.
Isn't it amazing that DJI cant ask that simple question and then send me a replacement.
Thanks I will get on to them.
steve
2020-11-15
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a picture of the underside of dead cat it would be interesting to see if it is different to others who have one that works

Underside DCat

Underside DCat
2020-11-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

A poor design ..... just like Rode GO .... a flat design of mic looks good but not practical, Comica BoomX -D has a better design to hold the dead cat in place securely.
2020-11-16
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

16 days after reporting the problem I get a message asking for my phone number, supplied number, then they said someone will ring sometime in the next 48 hrs! no indication of when apparently I have to just wait!! unbelievable
2020-11-19
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stevetr Posted at 11-19 12:13
16 days after reporting the problem I get a message asking for my phone number, supplied number, then they said someone will ring sometime in the next 48 hrs! no indication of when apparently I have to just wait!! unbelievable

So 48hrs later no call, that was a waste of time, guess they are all too busy thinking up black friday deals rather than trying to do customer service
2020-11-21
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-15 04:01
Hi stevetr, sorry for the issue, could you please provide a video of the issue for further confirmation? Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi
So provided video and picture last week, was called Thursday promising a call in 48hrs
Now is Monday night which is 48hrs + but still nothing if someone at DJI would wake up I think there is a simple solution but getting someone to wake up seems almost impossible
2020-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stevetr Posted at 11-23 15:39
Hi
So provided video and picture last week, was called Thursday promising a call in 48hrs
Now is Monday night which is 48hrs + but still nothing if someone at DJI would wake up I think there is a simple solution but getting someone to wake up seems almost impossible

I am deeply sorry for the delay. I had sent you PM, please check and keep us updated. Besides, please click the "Reply" button in my comment if you reply to me so that I can get the reminder. Thank you.
2020-11-25
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So here we are 23 days in and still no one from DJI can bring themselves to have a simple conversation to address the issue, lots of apologise, thanking for understanding, promises that someone will call, etc but no one actually addressing the issue I wish this wasn't normal for DJI. they need to spend less time avoiding the issue and even a little bit of effort in resolving it
2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stevetr Posted at 11-26 07:00
So here we are 23 days in and still no one from DJI can bring themselves to have a simple conversation to address the issue, lots of apologise, thanking for understanding, promises that someone will call, etc but no one actually addressing the issue I wish this wasn't normal for DJI. they need to spend less time avoiding the issue and even a little bit of effort in resolving it

I am sorry for the delay, I had escalated your case and will have someone follow up on your case during working hours. Please hit the reply button so I can receive a reminder, thank you very much.
2020-11-28
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice product shame about the customer non service

Ordered mine on release day, delivered on 3rd november. Since then the so called customer service department have been giving me the run around over the simplest problem, endless broken promises but still no one has even asked about the problem. So if you fancy taking your chances that the product is delivered in good condition go for it but iff there is a problem I wish you good luck
2020-11-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

So... what is the problem you are referring to?
2020-11-28
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-28 13:51
So... what is the problem you are referring to?

Hi Its all in the dead dead cat post
2020-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stevetr Posted at 11-28 08:25
Ordered mine on release day, delivered on 3rd november. Since then the so called customer service department have been giving me the run around over the simplest problem, endless broken promises but still no one has even asked about the problem. So if you fancy taking your chances that the product is delivered in good condition go for it but iff there is a problem I wish you good luck

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. I have replied on the floor 19#, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team to follow up, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, thanks for your patience.
2020-11-28
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-28 19:27
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. I have replied on the floor 19#, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team to follow up, we'll have someone contact you within working hours, thanks for your patience.

Your sorry! this is just more of the same I have been told someone will contact me for 3 weeks+ and nothing happens. Talk is cheap and fundamentally dishonest when not followed by action.
2020-11-29
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 125892 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stevetr Posted at 11-28 15:18
Hi Its all in the dead dead cat post

Dude you have to reply to one of Susans posts. Look for her post and hit reply.

DJI moderators do not check every single post. It would be impossible.

If you expect them to respond, reply to their post.
2020-11-29
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 11-29 02:59
Dude you have to reply to one of Susans posts. Look for her post and hit reply.

DJI moderators do not check every single post. It would be impossible.

You mean like this, yes I know how it works, done that numerous times it doesn't work they just keep apologising and still not doing anything other than promising to do something so my strategy is to post in others ways so perhaps they will wake up
2020-11-29
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

so a month after first contact with the so called DJI Support finally they call, 4th time promised faithfully and finally got there but only after they finally worked out the problem by actually reading and considering the question and apparently planning to send a replacement wind shield. Usual apology but no explanation why it took a month.
Now need to consider if I ever want to engage with them again.
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stevetr Posted at 12-2 12:18
so a month after first contact with the so called DJI Support finally they call, 4th time promised faithfully and finally got there but only after they finally worked out the problem by actually reading and considering the question and apparently planning to send a replacement wind shield. Usual apology but no explanation why it took a month.
Now need to consider if I ever want to engage with them again.

We are deeply sorry again for the unpleasant experience. Regarding the support's issue, we tried to check the phone record, but we could not find the call in record with the phone number you PM'd me. May I know if you called in by another phone number? If so, could you please provide it to me? We will learn from the details and keep improving our service.
2020-12-4
Use props
stevetr
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-4 06:46
We are deeply sorry again for the unpleasant experience. Regarding the support's issue, we tried to check the phone record, but we could not find the call in record with the phone number you PM'd me. May I know if you called in by another phone number? If so, could you please provide it to me? We will learn from the details and keep improving our service.

My contact with DJI Unsupport was via FB Messenger until they finally called me after the 4th time promising. I suggest you guys spend less time avoiding and apologising a just ask what the problem is and have someone with knowledge engage in a conversation (conversation is an old fashioned way of exchanging views that DJI seems to want to avoid at all costs)
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

stevetr Posted at 12-4 07:16
My contact with DJI Unsupport was via FB Messenger until they finally called me after the 4th time promising. I suggest you guys spend less time avoiding and apologising a just ask what the problem is and have someone with knowledge engage in a conversation (conversation is an old fashioned way of exchanging views that DJI seems to want to avoid at all costs)

Thank you for your information. We had investigated the case and we will keep improving our service. We will also keep an eye on the case of the windscreen until all is sorted. Apologize again for the trouble.
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules