No connection DJI mini 2 remote with iPhone 12 Pro Max
10991 16 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Purschi
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, the Mini 2 is my first drohne and I'm totaly frustrated. I'm not able to start it because the remote didn't connect with my iPhone. What can I do?

IMG_2781.PNG
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Purschi. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you've encountered this kind of issue on your DJI Mini 2. For us to isolate and check, may I know if the issue still persists upon using/borrowing a different mobile device and using a different RC data cable? thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
Purschi
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 03:35
Hello there Purschi. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you've encountered this kind of issue on your DJI Mini 2. For us to isolate and check, may I know if the issue still persists upon using/borrowing a different mobile device and using a different RC data cable? thank you.

I tried 3 different iPhones - 12 Pro Max, XS Max, 6s - everywhere same problem. I tried another cable (usb c to lightning) too. Nothing happens. I think there's anything wrong with registration. I today installed the fly app new, created a new DJI-account with another e-mail address, registered it, start fly app, login with new account. I saw a video at youtube a video, what normal should happen but for me nothing happens, no registration process starts. App directly turn to the screenshot below.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Purschi Posted at 11-15 09:26
I tried 3 different iPhones - 12 Pro Max, XS Max, 6s - everywhere same problem. I tried another cable (usb c to lightning) too. Nothing happens. I think there's anything wrong with registration. I today installed the fly app new, created a new DJI-account with another e-mail address, registered it, start fly app, login with new account. I saw a video at youtube a video, what normal should happen but for me nothing happens, no registration process starts. App directly turn to the screenshot below.

Hi Purschi thank you for your reply and my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue. As we cannot determine the cause of the connection failure according to the materials you provided, we suggest that you send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. We will provide comprehensive after-sales services to you. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-16
Use props
fansd80c14cf
New
Italy

I have also encountered the same problem.
Dji mini 2 impossible to connect my Iphone 12 pro to the remote controller.
Fortunately I had an old Samsung S8 in my nightstand. With this old phone everything worked correctly.
I updated the drone and remote controller but it still won't connect.I also tried  with my wife's iPhone X... also with this impossible to connect the controller to the phone.

Summarizing:
- iphone 12 Pro. Doesn't work
- iPhone X. Doesn't work
- Samsung S8. Works fine.

What can I do ?
Thanks
2021-4-17
Use props
fansd80c14cf
New
Italy

fansd80c14cf Posted at 4-17 12:23
I have also encountered the same problem.
Dji mini 2 impossible to connect my Iphone 12 pro to the remote controller.
Fortunately I had an old Samsung S8 in my nightstand. With this old phone everything worked correctly.

SOLVED! The problem was with the supplied cable. Using the original Apple cable, everything works.
2021-4-19
Use props
PabloLewy
lvl.1

Poland

fansd80c14cf Posted at 4-19 02:52
SOLVED! The problem was with the supplied cable. Using the original Apple cable, everything works.

Hi
Can confirm the same the problem is with the cable.
2021-5-4
Use props
fansbc341533
New
Flight distance : 64541 ft
Portugal

Tried today the mini 2 for the very first time. Using iPhone 7 had the no connection issue but switching to Android it went smoothly.
Issue with supplied cable for sure, can we get a replacement cable that works?
2021-5-5
Use props
fansbc341533
New
Flight distance : 64541 ft
Portugal

Called DJI support online at dji.com and have hopes they will send me a new working iPhone cable.
Android cables work just fine though.
2021-5-5
Use props
fans89a0dc1d
New

United States

The cable supplied with the DJI Mini 2 doesn’t fit in my iPhone 11 max pro. Is there a fix for this ?  The supplied cable appears to be a USB-C. My iPhone uses a lightning cable.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_5xSnMEVKpBqg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16473 ft
Germany

Same problem with the equipped cable.
An Apple-cable was the quick solution.
2021-6-12
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

fans89a0dc1d Posted at 6-12 18:33
The cable supplied with the DJI Mini 2 doesn’t fit in my iPhone 11 max pro. Is there a fix for this ?  The supplied cable appears to be a USB-C. My iPhone uses a lightning cable.

usually helps to check all the supplied items in the package...search and you will find
2021-6-13
Use props
djiuser_Lahgo4TdDSrP
lvl.1

United States

fansd80c14cf Posted at 2021-4-19 02:52

I have two cables.  One lightning and one for Droid OS's.  I'm trying to connect to my iphone 12 with no luck.  I'm using what I'm guessing is the supplied cable.  What do you mean when you say original apple cable?
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_Lahgo4TdDSrP
lvl.1

United States

I still can’t get connected.  The drone worked for the guy who sold it to me on his iPhone. I saw it.  So it’s not the remote or the cable.  In the chats with Android phones they talk about a debugging option. Does Apple have something similar or maybe a setting I have to change to get this to work?  I’m pulling my hair out. Thanks.
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Lahgo4TdDSrP Posted at 6-28 22:13
I still can’t get connected.  The drone worked for the guy who sold it to me on his iPhone. I saw it.  So it’s not the remote or the cable.  In the chats with Android phones they talk about a debugging option. Does Apple have something similar or maybe a setting I have to change to get this to work?  I’m pulling my hair out. Thanks.

We do apologize for the trouble. Kindly please confirm what specific DJI product are you using. Also, please confirm what specific mobile device are you using with your DJI Fly app? Keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-2
Use props
DigglesB
New
United States

I'm having an identical experience with the iPhone 15 Pro. I cannot connect to my Mini 2 with it.

I tried using the USB-C cable that comes with the drone, as well as another known-good USB-C cable. Neither work. The app cannot recognize the remote, so the remote doesn't connect to the drone, which I've had since 2020 and have flown successfully many times with my old iPhone 12 Pro.

My assumption is that there's something about the new USB-C port on the iPhone 15 and 15 Pro that the controller can't work out. I doubt there's a fix so soon after the release of the new phone, but I hope that DJI is aware of the issue and is working on a solution.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DigglesB Posted at 9-23 05:19
I'm having an identical experience with the iPhone 15 Pro. I cannot connect to my Mini 2 with it.

I tried using the USB-C cable that comes with the drone, as well as another known-good USB-C cable. Neither work. The app cannot recognize the remote, so the remote doesn't connect to the drone, which I've had since 2020 and have flown successfully many times with my old iPhone 12 Pro.

Hello there, DigglesB. Can you please try the steps below:
1. Restart the remote controller. Please restart/reinstall the DJI App (Ensure the latest App version is used). Unplug and reinsert the cable.
2.  Check whether the copper sheets in the Type-C port of the remote controller are warped. If so, please send back the product for repair. (The copper sheets are easily damaged for inclined unplugging and insertion. Please plug and unplug the cable vertically.)
Normal Type-C port (The upper and lower rows’ copper sheets are attached to the center part inside the port, which is not warped.)

Malfunctioning Type-C port (The two copper sheets of the lower row inside the remote controller port are warped.)

If the above troubleshooting solutions are all detected to be normal, continue with the following step:
3. If no option for connection is prompted after the mobile phone is connected to the remote controller, it is recommended to connect the mobile phone to a computer to test if the connection will be successful. If not, it is recommended to contact the mobile phone’s manufacturer for tests and maintenance.
I hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Have a wonderful day
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules