List of Available Third Party ND Filters for Pocket 2 (Update 1)
10032 29 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Third party ND Filters are starting to be available.
As Pocket 2 has wider FOV, some ND Filters for Pocket 1 (VND, ND-PL mostly) can have some issues on the rim of the lens.
So getting ND Filters made for Pocket 2 is preferable.

Let's list up available ND Filters specifically designed for Pocket 2 (not same old Pocket 1 version) as more and more are available.

PGYTech
ND-PL.jpg
ND-PL Set

VND_2-5_2000x.jpg
VND 2-5 Stops

VND_6-9_2000x.jpg
VND 6-9 Stops

VND001.png

PGYTech Store Link

Polar Pro

Polarpro.jpg
Polar Pro Cinema Serise
(This is likely the Pocket 1 version that they comfirmed the compatibility with Pocket 2. So if you have Pocket 1 version already, test it with Pocket 2 first.)

Polar Pro Store Link

Freewell

Freewell.jpg
All day 8 pack
(It is mentioned to be made for Pocket 2 but since it looks exactly same with Pocket 1 version, If you have Pocket 1 version already, check your filters with Pocket 2 first before purchasing.)
(Pocket 2 version is FW-OP2-ALD and Pocket 1 version is FW-OP-ALD)

dji-osmo-pocket-filter-nd1000-long-exposure.jpg
ND 1000
(It is mentioned to be made for Pocket 2 but since it looks exactly same  with Pocket 1 version, If you have Pocket 1 version already, check your  filters with Pocket 2 first before purchasing.)

dji-osmo-pocket-filter-light-pollution-reduction.jpg
Light pollution reduction Filter
(It is mentioned to be made for Pocket 2 but since it looks exactly same  with Pocket 1 version, If you have Pocket 1 version already, check your  filters with Pocket 2 first before purchasing.)

Note : Freewell Wide angle lens and Anamorphic Lens are not categorized as Pocket 2 compatable.

Freewell Store Link

Kase
No Pocket 2 specific filters yet.

SKYREAT
No Pocket 2 specific filters yet.

2020-11-14
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freewell does, in fact, have filters available.  I received this package a few days ago and it works great.  It's also backwards compatible with the Osmo Pocket.

2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interpol Posted at 11-14 09:39
Freewell does, in fact, have filters available.  I received this package a few days ago and it works great.  It's also backwards compatible with the Osmo Pocket.

[view_image]

That looks like a nice package!
Where did you get it from?
2020-11-14
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Interpol Posted at 11-14 09:39

[view_image]

I think that is just a repackaging of the same old Pocket 1 filters.
I got those for Pocket 1 2 years ago and is there anything different from their old filters in terms of size?
2020-11-14
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tide Posted at 11-14 15:15
I think that is just a repackaging of the same old Pocket 1 filters.
I got those for Pocket 1 2 years ago and is there anything different from their old filters in terms of size?

It very well may be a repackaging.  However, the footprint of the lens on the Pocket 2 is exactly the same as on the Osmo Pocket, so I don't expect these to be different.  If you have a set for the Osmo Pocket, they should work on your Pocket 2 without any issues.

Incidentally, I bought this directly from Freewell.
2020-11-14
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Interpol Posted at 11-14 19:20
It very well may be a repackaging.  However, the footprint of the lens on the Pocket 2 is exactly the same as on the Osmo Pocket, so I don't expect these to be different.  If you have a set for the Osmo Pocket, they should work on your Pocket 2 without any issues.

Incidentally, I bought this directly from Freewell.
Yes the size of the filter mount is the same so it fits well on Pocket 2 as well.
But it is the matter of the lens opening size.
Pocket 1 was 26mm FOV but Pocket 2 is 20mm so some times the rim of the ND-PL lens can reflect into the shot.

As you can see, because if the direct sun light, lens rim is reflected into the edge of the shot.
Flat square lens ND filters would be fine but rotating filters (VND and ND-PL) might have this problem due to the extending out lens.

Above PGYTech filter has bigger diameter lens for Pocket 2.
It might be irrelevant but like to gather some user experience.
DC02B627-CB8D-4212-8F56-561FEA0E48FD.png
2020-11-14
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I can verify that I do not have this issue with these Freewell circular ND-CPL filters.
2020-11-14
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Interpol Posted at 11-14 21:45
I can verify that I do not have this issue with these Freewell circular ND-CPL filters.

Thanks for verifying it.
Then it's likely that Pocket 1 size ND-PL would be fine with Pocket 2.

So my concerns might be limited to VND filters which has thicker two glass sandwitch.
2020-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 11-15 03:56
Thanks for verifying it.
Then it's likely that Pocket 1 size ND-PL would be fine with Pocket 2.

I’ve used skyreat VND from P1 and so far they look fine, also Anamorphic Freewell seems to be working ok.
2020-11-15
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 05:02
I’ve used skyreat VND from P1 and so far they look fine, also Anamorphic Freewell seems to be working ok.

Do you notice that X-banding marks are appear earlier?
I am using Kase VND and I notice the threshold that X-banding appears are now more narrow.
2020-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 11-15 05:29
[view_image]

Do you notice that X-banding marks are appear earlier?

No I haven’t noticed this, could it be whatever monitors you’re using ?
2020-11-15
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 05:02

You're not having issues with vignetting and distortion on the right and left edges with the Freewell anamorphic lens?  I'm having these problems with the Ulanzi anamorphic lens for the Osmo Pocket.
2020-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Interpol Posted at 11-15 10:42
You're not having issues with vignetting and distortion on the right and left edges with the Freewell anamorphic lens?  I'm having these problems with the Ulanzi anamorphic lens for the Osmo Pocket.

Comparing both , I see no difference, lm not a peeper and even on a 32” screen it looks fine.
2020-11-15
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 10:53
Comparing both , I see no difference, lm not a peeper and even on a 32” screen it looks fine.

Thanks.  I guess I know what I'm buying next
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these interesting information about the list of available Third Party ND Filters for the DJI Pocket 2. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-11-15
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 10:53
Comparing both , I see no difference, lm not a peeper and even on a 32” screen it looks fine.

You mean you have both Freewell and Ulanzi Anamorphic lens and you see no blur or distortion in both?

I have Ulanzi one and it has heavy blur in the edge. You must have a good batch of lens.
2020-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 11-15 22:53
You mean you have both Freewell and Ulanzi Anamorphic lens and you see no blur or distortion in both?

I have Ulanzi one and it has heavy blur in the edge. You must have a good batch of lens.

No I only have freewell one, and it’s pretty much the same as on my OP1
2020-11-16
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 02:32
No I only have freewell one, and it’s pretty much the same as on my OP1

Thanks.
Freewell one must be well designed than Ulanzi one.
2020-11-16
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 02:32
No I only have freewell one, and it’s pretty much the same as on my OP1

Looking at pictures of the Freewell anamorphic lens vs. Ulanzi, it looks like the Freewell has a noticeably lower profile than the Ulanzi, which might explain why you’re not getting any vignetting at full zoom out.
2020-11-16
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Updated filters which is designed for Pocket 1 but manufacturer confirms Pocket 2 compatibility.
2020-11-17
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Please correct your original post.  You state that Freewell filters are "designed for Osmo Pocket but Freewell mentioned compatibility with Pocket 2".  This is patently false and misleading.

Freewell's product descriptions on their website specifically state that the filters you listed above are "designed for use with DJI Pocket 2".  They are not simply a repackaging of Osmo Pocket filters.
2020-11-17
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Interpol Posted at 11-17 21:38
Please correct your original post.  You state that Freewell filters are "designed for Osmo Pocket but Freewell mentioned compatibility with Pocket 2".  This is patently false and misleading.

Freewell's product descriptions on their website specifically state that the filters you listed above are "designed for use with DJI Pocket 2".  They are not simply a repackaging of Osmo Pocket filters.

Yes I aware the fact and had to think about how to take it.

This is their store image of FW-OP-ALD (Pocket 1 version)

This is their store image of FW-OP2-ALD (Pocket 2 version)

Well I know the appearance is not everything and it could be just reused marketing photo and it could look same but they have some different glass material and so on.
So I changed description of original article.

Even if it's reuse of Pocket 1, if manufacturer guarantee and actually work fine with Pocket 2 then there would be no problem. (Even the price the same so...)
I just want to note people who already has Pocket 1 version and considering 2 version.
2020-11-17
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It is logical and reasonable to assume that any accessory lenses made for the Pocket 2 are backwards compatible with the Osmo Pocket since the only difference is the longer focal length of the latter, but not the other way around.

This is a fairly important topic, so the accuracy of your descriptions should be emphasized here.  Another example:  you said "no Pocket 2 specific filters yet" for Freewell, but literally in the next sentence you've listed a bunch of Pocket 2 specific filters made by Freewell.  What is a neophyte to Pocket filters to think when he/she sees such conflicting information?
2020-11-18
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Interpol Posted at 11-18 08:47
It is logical and reasonable to assume that any accessory lenses made for the Pocket 2 are backwards compatible with the Osmo Pocket since the only difference is the longer focal length of the latter, but not the other way around.

This is a fairly important topic, so the accuracy of your descriptions should be emphasized here.  Another example:  you said "no Pocket 2 specific filters yet" for Freewell, but literally in the next sentence you've listed a bunch of Pocket 2 specific filters made by Freewell.  What is a neophyte to Pocket filters to think when he/she sees such conflicting information?

Hmm... you got the point.
I will revise the description.
2020-11-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Polarpro 6 standard seems to be the same. I have those for OP1. I hope sun will shine someday to try those. Here with reindeers gonna see the sun again after 4 months ..

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ndard-filter-6-pack
2020-11-19
Use props
sastrandi
lvl.2
Germany

Hi everyone, I bought PGYTECH vnd 2-5 and tested it. My conclusion: it is useable with restrictions, but like what Tide found by Kase VND, the outer ring make some light reflection, if the light source is in the frame. If you want to check my test video: PGYTECH VARIABLE ND FILTER POCKET 2 | REVIEW PGYTECH VND 2-5 https://youtu.be/uIujlxO7t30

Edit: Sorry idk how to put link here. This is my first post.
2021-3-19
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

sastrandi Posted at 3-19 11:06
Hi everyone, I bought PGYTECH vnd 2-5 and tested it. My conclusion: it is useable with restrictions, but like what Tide found by Kase VND, the outer ring make some light reflection, if the light source is in the frame. If you want to check my test video: PGYTECH VARIABLE ND FILTER POCKET 2 | REVIEW PGYTECH VND 2-5 https://youtu.be/uIujlxO7t30

I have done it for you. When you post you have to use advance editor there you see option insert video link.

2021-3-19
Use props
sastrandi
lvl.2
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 3-19 19:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIujlxO7t30
I have done it for you. When you post you have to use advance editor there you see option insert video link.

Oh thank you and so sorry for late reply.
2021-4-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sunnylife filters for Pocket 2 works great:

2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now