Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Internal stabilization w/ iPhone 11 and Mimo App not working
7983 31 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaeffy
lvl.1
Germany

Hi everyone,

just bought a OM 4 and after my first tests, I came across some weird behavior. As I watched my footage, I noticed that everything filmed in 4k 60fps was extremely shaky. Every step, every minimal movement of my wrist was visible. I really have steady hands and tried to walk as smooth as possible. Still the shaking was disturbingly prominent.

I used the OM 4 with my iPhone 11 and the dji mimo app.

I did some further testing and it occurs to me, that the problem seems limited to videos taken with the mimo App in 4k 60fps. 4k 30 fps and fullHD 60fps seems to be working just fine.
When filming with the OM 4 and the native camera app of the iPhone, everything is just smooth as it should be, even in 4k 60fps.

I conclude that with the mimo app the internal stabilizer of the iPhone is simply shut off. Can anyone confirm my observations? Is there any chance, that it will be fixed with updates? Or am I the only one, having that problem?

Thanks
Kaeffy
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there kaeffy. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI OM4 regarding the video recorded in the said format. For us to be able to assist you further, may I have a copy of the video showing the issue? Kindly upload the file to google drive or dropbox then send us the link. In addition, since the concern does not occur in different formats, were you able to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon re-installing the app? please be advised that before we re-install the DJI Mimo app, kindly back up your recorded or shots taken. Thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
kaeffy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 02:47
Hello there kaeffy. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI OM4 regarding the video recorded in the said format. For us to be able to assist you further, may I have a copy of the video showing the issue? Kindly upload the file to google drive or dropbox then send us the link. In addition, since the concern does not occur in different formats, were you able to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon re-installing the app? please be advised that before we re-install the DJI Mimo app, kindly back up your recorded or shots taken. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I deleted and re-installed the app but that didn't fix the problem. I uploaded two snippets from two videos where the shakiness is quite visible.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aw4qkd80fk4yq4t/AABAfXEjX6CVuWlCUeNPMdsea?dl=0

I also tested different formats by walking up and down the living room to test under comparable conditions. The problem really seems to occur only at 4k 60fps filmed with the mimo app. I tried in addition the native iPhone camera app and FiLMiC Pro. Results there were steady and smooth as one would expect throughout all formats.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kaeffy Posted at 11-15 04:24
Thanks for the quick reply.

I deleted and re-installed the app but that didn't fix the problem. I uploaded two snippets from two videos where the shakiness is quite visible.

Hello there kaeffy, thank you for your reply and additional information, kindly provide us the firmware information of the DJI OM4 a photo or screenshot of it will help us visualize and coordinate this to our Designated Department. Thank you.
2020-11-16
Use props
kaeffy
lvl.1
Germany

Like that?
2020-11-16
Use props
kaeffy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 06:33
Hello there kaeffy, thank you for your reply and additional information, kindly provide us the firmware information of the DJI OM4 a photo or screenshot of it will help us visualize and coordinate this to our Designated Department. Thank you.

Just came across a Youtube Review about the OM4, where that behavior with disabled image stabilization at 60fps is described exactly as I have with the new iPhone 12.
Around minute 6 that behavior is described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbAuVWbNXCY&t=50s
I am not alone ;-)

2020-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kaeffy Posted at 11-17 07:27
Just came across a Youtube Review about the OM4, where that behavior with disabled image stabilization at 60fps is described exactly as I have with the new iPhone 12.
Around minute 6 that behavior is described.

Hello there kaeffy. Thank you for your reply and information. This is noted and will be coordinated with our Designated team. For us to clarify, was the file on the dropbox link provided is not edited and the filename was only changed? Thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
kaeffy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-19 00:40
Hello there kaeffy. Thank you for your reply and information. This is noted and will be coordinated with our Designated team. For us to clarify, was the file on the dropbox link provided is not edited and the filename was only changed? Thank you.

The clips were only shortened and renamed. Not edited in any other way.
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kaeffy Posted at 11-19 00:43
The clips were only shortened and renamed. Not edited in any other way.

Thank you for the information, may we have the original file that is not edited or shortened for our designated team to properly review the information of the original video. Thank you.
2020-11-19
Use props
kaeffy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-19 00:56
Thank you for the information, may we have the original file that is not edited or shortened for our designated team to properly review the information of the original video. Thank you.

I uploaded the two videos uncut and unedited straight out of the Memo App:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aw4qkd80fk4yq4t/AABAfXEjX6CVuWlCUeNPMdsea?dl=0
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kaeffy Posted at 11-19 01:17

Hello there kaeffy, thank you for the information and this is noted. Let me forward this information to our designated department. Once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kaeffy Posted at 11-19 01:17

Hello there kaeffy, thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. We receive a response from our designated team. Please be advised that when shooting in 4K 60FPS video, the EIS is disabled. In addition under the Auto mode with 60FPS setting the iPhone 11 Pro/ iPhone 11 Pro Max excluding iPhone 11 EIS is disabled once zoom in is over 2x. What we can advise is to kindly set lower resolution when taking a shot or to zoom in to improve the stabilization effect. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI-newby
New
United States

So, basically now I can't film a 4k 60fps video via Mimo app without that shaky effect?! Any updates from the DJI OM 4 support team?

I've tested different settings on my iPhone 11Pro Max and had same results as the User above - videos filmed via my native camera don't have any shakes whereas filming 4k 60fps via Mimo app gives me shaking videos.
2020-12-3
Use props
fansbdd3b1cf
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-newby Posted at 12-3 20:36
So, basically now I can't film a 4k 60fps video via Mimo app without that shaky effect?! Any updates from the DJI OM 4 support team?

I've tested different settings on my iPhone 11Pro Max and had same results as the User above - videos filmed via my native camera don't have any shakes whereas filming 4k 60fps via Mimo app gives me shaking videos.

The official answer is really kind of unsatisfying. Especially knowing that it is working with other camera apps in combination with the OM4. I would love to use object tracking wit 4K/60fps.

Therefor it has to be able to be fixed by updating the app.
2020-12-6
Use props
Jojax
lvl.1
United States

I really hope the next update brings some big changes. The gimbal works well, and using it with the new iPhone 12 pro, I know there is enough processing power to do so much more than what the Mimo app allows.
2020-12-6
Use props
Ken B
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad you all figured out the issue. I'm having the exact same issue as well. It is disappointing that this doesn't work in 4k/60fps. I'd say this is a serious problem. I'd hope the update fixes this issue
2020-12-30
Use props
fansacdc8361
New

United States

Absolutely unacceptable that you can’t record on 4K or 1080p 30fps with out a shaky video . I will return this gimbal back. I had the same problem with the Osmo action not getting smooth video in high resolution when riding Mtb trails, that also went back. Go pro is the way to go with 5k and hyper smooth video.
2021-2-24
Use props
mr.porter
New
Australia

Sorry if this is an old post but I can only find this when searching google and not on the forums so couldnt find anything newer/related.

So to understand this correctly when using a Mimo IOS app ( needed for OM4 ) in 4K60 mode you will loss the iPhones EIS and video will be shaky.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and get better looking video performance holding it by hand then using the OM4, i purchased this item hoping to get better videos not worse what is the point.
2021-6-3
Use props
fansbdd3b1cf
lvl.1
Germany

That exactly  seems to be the case. But I have to admit, that I didn‘t use the OM4 for weeks. So it might be that it was fixed by an update.
2021-6-3
Use props
djiuser_4D8JTGLDNBvL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 691991 ft
Sweden

I just bought the OM 4 today, with one feature in mind, the object tracking. First video I shoot, I instantly see more shaking than if I had shot it handheld, which basically makes this thing worthless for me. Can’t believe no one on YouTube has mentioned this huge flaw in the system! I am returning it tomorrow. Really disappointed since I was super excited about this product.
2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_JEo06vLol0bZ
lvl.1

Italy

I have the same problems with i phone 11 pro max, bad shaky videos, i want returning it
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_iK8tBrh2EPuM
New

Italy

It’s crazy a company like DJI just ignores its customers
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_2Snptod9mBvv
New

Russia

Доброе время суток. Я искал в чем проблема несколько дней. Да, действительно, в родном приложении mimo 4k 60fps видео на iPhone 12 pro выходит хуже, чем съёмка с рук. Что очень огорчает (
Прочитав форум, увидел что официальные представители не собираются устранять этот недостаток (
Есть ли изменения в данное время, планируется ли
2021-8-25
Use props
Aleem Gatie
New

Ukraine

djiuser_2Snptod9mBvv Posted at 8-25 05:12
Доброе время суток. Я искал в чем проблема несколько дней. Да, действительно, в родном приложении mimo 4k 60fps видео на iPhone 12 pro выходит хуже, чем съёмка с рук. Что очень огорчает (
Прочитав форум, увидел что официальные представители не собираются устранять этот недостаток (
Есть ли изменения в данное время, планируется ли

Будет ли проблема решена с обновлением и как быстро?
2021-8-25
Use props
marekfedorov
New

Thailand

I guess this issue was still not solved right? I have the exact same problem with the OM3 and Iphone 11 Max :/ really disappointing
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_f5uEBIEjqsKh
New

Portugal

I have the OM5 with the same problem. I can't record smooth video at 1080p 30fps or higher with the mimo app. At 720p is smooth (tried with 2 different phones with the same result). Using native camera with OM5 is always smooth. The problem is not the OM5, the problem is the dji mimo app. The dev team should fix this asap, because with native camera I can't use the tracking feature and the zoom or record controls on the OM5.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_Jrl5bqfaXdI3
New

Italy

After 2 yesrs nothing has changed! I have an OM 5 and iPhone 13
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_rNEe2pXlf7UF
lvl.1

United States

Same problem. Shaky video in Mimo app, but not on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera app.
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_rNEe2pXlf7UF
lvl.1

United States

Same problem. Shaky video in Mimo app, but not on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera app.
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_Rp65AjdJl0ZX
New

Poland

Aaaand one more year later, osmo 6 with iphone 14 pro max same problem still exist!
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Rp65AjdJl0ZX Posted at 9-2 07:08
Aaaand one more year later, osmo 6 with iphone 14 pro max same problem still exist!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please upload a sample video showing the issue so we can check it further? This will help us to isolate the issue and provide you with accurate information to fix the problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-16
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

Check for App Updates: First, ensure that both your DJI Mimo app and the firmware for your OM 4 are up to date. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve stability.
Explore the settings within the DJI Mimo app. It's possible that there are specific stabilization settings that need to be adjusted when using 4K 60fps. You can try different settings to see if the shakiness improves.

Check iPhone Settings: Sometimes, the iPhone's own stabilization settings can interfere with the gimbal's performance. Make sure your iPhone's image stabilization settings are compatible with the OM 4. You might want to experiment with turning the iPhone's stabilization on or off to see if it makes a difference.

Contact DJI Support: If the issue persists, it might be a specific bug in the app or a compatibility issue between your iPhone 11 and the OM 4. Reach out to DJI customer support to report the issue and ask for their assistance.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules