Pocket 2 video noise
2759 9 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

For anyone that has the Pocket 2 - how do find the video noise within the image ?

Particularly compared to Pocket 1, I always found even with good light there was quite alot of noise in the image.

Thanks.
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share some examples?
2020-11-14
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry maybe my post was ambiguous, I found the pocket 1 had a fair amount of video noise and I am expecting the pocket 2 with its better sensor to be improved on the op1 , I was looking for confirmation of this.

For examples I found with op1, that any solid blocks of colour ( for example a car )  had lots of speckles of video noise, even with good light and low ISO.
2020-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There are hundreds of YouTube videos already, perhaps the majority taken in low light (for some reason) - you should be able to find test samples there.
2020-11-14
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-14 14:17
There are hundreds of YouTube videos already, perhaps the majority taken in low light (for some reason) - you should be able to find test samples there.

There are indeed hundreds of YouTube video samples, all limited by the wonderful YouTube compression so I thought I’d ask the helpful people on this forum for their first hand experience ....
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MKosmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample shots showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further. Thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
cam0001
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-11-15 21:51
Hello there MKosmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample shots showing the said issue for us to check and assist you further. Thank you.

Hello,

I didn’t start this thread, but I am experiencing an issue that fits this description (and for some reason I am not allowed to create a new post - new account).  I have a Pocket 1 and a Pocket 2. When I use the Pocket 2’s zoom and I set the focus on a dark area, a lot of short lines (artifacts) show up in the light areas.  See image below ( notice the area where the focus is):

When the focus area is moved to a lighter area, the artifacts seem to disappear.

This is ending up in pictures and videos, making them unusable.

This seems to happen when using the digital zoom. With no zoom (or using the Pocket 1), things look right (within the proper noise I was expecting for this kind of lighting).

Thoughts?
2022-1-16
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Please refer to the following image.
It is composed of two images, taken at the same spot, the same time (10 minutes difference indeed) and zoomed at the same scale.
Judge for yourself the difference in noise and colors

2022-1-19
Use props
cam0001
lvl.1

United States

Mgozer Posted at 1-19 12:06
Please refer to the following image.
It is composed of two images, taken at the same spot, the same time (10 minutes difference indeed) and zoomed at the same scale.
Judge for yourself the difference in noise and colors

If I understand correctly, the image difference is due to using different cameras (in the left you used an Osmo Pocket and on the right you used a Pocket 2).  In my case, both images are captured with the same Pocket 2.

I wouldn’t be concerned if the issue was that one image had a lighter color than the other one. The issue is all those black lines or dots that appear on the beige wall (upper left corner) that are not supposed to be there. The Pocket 2 is adding those artifacts when zooming in.  Things are way more evident when recording inside a car on a clear sky and focusing on anything other than the sky (Once I capture a good example, I’ll post it).
2022-1-19
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

I posted this image only to show that Pocket 2 image is very noisy even in full daylight.
The issue you are facing is very strange indeed and I haven't faced it yet.
Could it be a defective unit?
2022-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules