Loose motor
3673 24 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

It's two days I'm using the new DJI pocket 2 and I noticed it rattles when vibrating, for example when shaking it a little.
I noticed that this rattling noice is coming from the motor at the base, the one between the base of the device and the first arm of the gimbal, wich is a little loose.
It rotates freely, but it bends a little also; it is not as firm as the other two motors.

Do you guys have the same issue? maybe mine is defective.
I checked my osmo pocket and all of the motors are perfectly firm.
2020-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share a video?
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there, Mgozer. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Pocket 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I have a video showing the concern on the gimbal? Thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 01:31
Hello there, Mgozer. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Pocket 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I have a video showing the concern on the gimbal? Thank you.

here:consider that I'm not applying any force, it is really loose.

2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I do feel some feedback from the gimbal when walking around which I never felt with my older OP. If your gimbal has any play at the gimbal axis, then that’s not normal.. My 2+year old OP’s gimbal is still free of any play on all its axis.
2020-11-15
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

Psoon Posted at 11-15 09:55
I do feel some feedback from the gimbal when walking around which I never felt with my older OP. If your gimbal has any play at the gimbal axis, then that’s not normal.. My 2+year old OP’s gimbal is still free of any play on all its axis.

That's what I believe too.
My old osmo pocket doesn't show such a behaviour.
Could you check your dji pocket 2, to see if any of the motors are loose?
Thanks
2020-11-15
Use props
ChMueller001
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same experience. I also feel some clicking when walking around with my Pocket 2 that I didn't have with my Osmo Pocket 1. I also have this exact small play at the Gimbal axis.
Maybe everyone has this. Would be interesting to hear the other's experience.
2020-11-15
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Austria

I agree... especially because I've already packed it to return it to the dealer today.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mgozer Posted at 11-15 08:26
here:consider that I'm not applying any force, it is really loose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iZ3bkUpLCE

Hi Mgozer, thank you for your reply and video this is noted, and let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-16
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 00:27
Hi Mgozer, thank you for your reply and video this is noted, and let me please forward this concern to our Designated Department and once I receive a reply, I will send you a notification as well. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.
I may wait your reply then in order to know if it is defective or not.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mgozer Posted at 11-16 00:36
Thank you.
I may wait your reply then in order to know if it is defective or not.

Hi Mgozer, sorry to have kept you waiting, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis. Thanks.
2020-11-16
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 03:28
Hi Mgozer, sorry to have kept you waiting, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis. Thanks.

Thanks for the assistance.
Today I'll see if the dealer will take it back, otherwise I'll open the case by myself.
2020-11-16
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Austria

Yesterday I got the DJI Pocket 2 replaced and the new one is not showing the issue.
Problem solved.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mgozer Posted at 11-16 23:19
Yesterday I got the DJI Pocket 2 replaced and the new one is not showing the issue.
Problem solved.

Hi there Mgozer. Thank you for your reply and update, I'm looking forward for you to capture awesome shots with the said unit. Thank you for your support and again, my apologies for any troubles on the first unit that you've received.
2020-11-19
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Hmm... my 4th replacement one seems to have this rattle problem.
I can feel the motor is rattle off from its place when tilted and it shakes and makes high pitch noise in very low angle.
I caught it on video but now trying to replicate it better.

I tried to see if it makes affect to video quality and... seems it dose. And it is more present with wide angle lens attached.
I don't want to be that peaky customer but at this point I am not sure what to do.
2020-11-27
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

Tide Posted at 11-27 20:00
Hmm... my 4th replacement one seems to have this rattle problem.
I can feel the motor is rattle off from its place when tilted and it shakes and makes high pitch noise in very low angle.
I caught it on video but now trying to replicate it better.

I can't belive it! this is really bad luck!
Mine had the base motor loose and it rattled especially when I was using the device not vertically.
It made a bothersome noise, difficult to hear in the video, but was there.
I can't say if it affected the video stability as well, cause I returned it immediately.

I suggest you to return this one as well to the dealer. You have the right to have a fully working device.
2020-11-28
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Mgozer Posted at 11-28 13:46
I can't belive it! this is really bad luck!
Mine had the base motor loose and it rattled especially when I was using the device not vertically.
It made a bothersome noise, difficult to hear in the video, but was there.

It must go through DJI technition's inspection first before any exchange or refund in Korea.
I booked another visit to their service center next week.

I immediately noticed loose motor when I try to walk and shooting next day as I already been used 3 other Pocket 2 previously.
2020-11-28
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 11-28 21:32
It must go through DJI technition's inspection first before any exchange or refund in Korea.
I booked another visit to their service center next week.

You would have thought after your second faulty one someone from DJI would have manually inspected your replacement to guarantee it had no problems. I don’t know if you’re just really unlucky or whether DJI quality control is really that bad.
2020-11-29
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

AlanHd Posted at 11-29 03:03
You would have thought after your second faulty one someone from DJI would have manually inspected your replacement to guarantee it had no problems. I don’t know if you’re just really unlucky or whether DJI quality control is really that bad.

I really dislike the process of sending my Pocket in for evaluation as I’ll be without it for many weeks (had an experience with my older Pocket so don’t wish for another repeat)
Having said that, I too feel some unusual movement from the gimbal head when walking. This is in comparison with my OP. However, the videos taken are smooth and do not record any jerkiness. Strange
2020-11-30
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Psoon Posted at 11-30 17:27
I really dislike the process of sending my Pocket in for evaluation as I’ll be without it for many weeks (had an experience with my older Pocket so don’t wish for another repeat)
Having said that, I too feel some unusual movement from the gimbal head when walking. This is in comparison with my OP. However, the videos taken are smooth and do not record any jerkiness. Strange

My biggest concern wouldn’t be with how it functions  now but what it’s like just after the warranty has expired, things normally get looser with wear, this may be within DJI tolerance limits but unless someone from DJI says this is normal and they would honour any warranty claims from anything arising from this outside warranty I would be very wary.
2020-12-1
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've just checked mine and there is no play in the base motor bearing.  This does suggest that those with play are faulty.

John
2021-2-15
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

John Walker Posted at 2-15 03:49
I've just checked mine and there is no play in the base motor bearing.  This does suggest that those with play are faulty.

John

Yes they are.
The one I received as a replace is perfect indeed and it doesn't show any loose axis.
2021-2-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I have been tolerating this anomaly with my Pocket 2 simply because the video outputs are smooth. It seems that despite the looseness the gimbal still is able to correct the problem thus the video output looks normal, but can anyone say that this is acceptable?
2021-3-9
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

John Walker Posted at 2-15 03:49

John

Thanks John. Other than comparing with my old OP I have no access to another Pocket 2. All the stores at my area do not have a working demo available for me to check. I'll have to reach out to DJI for a permanent fix.
Cheers
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_ok25O4EilUoE
New

Moldova

I think that I discovered a problem related with loosy base motor.
When you use the plastic cover, on the moment when you grab the camera out of cover, the head of camera tilt a little and make hard to grab out of cover, thats defenitly demage base motor.
Hope DJI ingineneers will solve that problem.
2021-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules